PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Super(?)hub issues!

Kwak
27-03-2011, 23:00
Hi all,

Changed my VM 20Mb service recently to 30Mb & new Superhub - regretting it now.

I have read other threads of people having problems with the wireless in their superhub, (mines hardwired PC to Hub) but my problem is that it takes about five minutes to get going, everytime you go to use it! - Really frustrating, the blue LED does not blink and is constant and only starts after several minutes, which rather defeats the superfast broadband part, however once it has started it is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nopanic
28-03-2011, 08:25
Its likely a power level issue, although not enough to cause a loss of connection.

The difference between 20 and 30 is 30 now uses Docsis 3, which takes a little bit longer to establish a connection. It uses bonded channels and unless your levels are perfect, this can take a while to lock on.

My best advice would be to leave the modem on. Obviously this is a personal choice.

Just to also point out, the top blue light means it locked on correctly to D3.

Kwak
28-03-2011, 08:46
Thanks for that, Nopanic.
A couple of questions though - if that is the case then wouldn't a lot more people be having a moan about the delay in starting up?
Also, I always leave the modem on anyway, it "freezes" even after the PC has gone into standby, and internet pages/connection etc only works when the blue light is flashing, not when its constant.

Nopanic
28-03-2011, 22:43
Thanks for that, Nopanic.
A couple of questions though - if that is the case then wouldn't a lot more people be having a moan about the delay in starting up?
Also, I always leave the modem on anyway, it "freezes" even after the PC has gone into standby, and internet pages/connection etc only works when the blue light is flashing, not when its constant.

They do mate and the levels are corrected by a tech. If its freezing its more important you get it looked at.