PDA

View Full Version : Rude Technician

Welshchris
26-03-2011, 04:24
Talk about a rude technician with Virgin.

I was drinking in the Local Gaybar today and there were 2 engineers fixing problems with the installation on the flats above that was only carried out last Monday and left with no internet.

Anyway one of the engineers had to come into the pub for the bar staff to sign something and he looked at us as if we were dirt and i asked if a certain engineer was back in work who i know and is off ill and he looked at me really weirdly and said in an abrupt mannor NO! and turned his back and walked out.

a few people passed comment on it!

Peter_
26-03-2011, 06:05
And what exactly has this to do with anything with regards to an installation because for one it was not at your property and for two he answered your question, but in a way that you thought was wrong, that may have just been his way of talking.:rolleyes:

A none issue and a pointless waste of a thread, you would be better off removing the chip from your shoulder.:rolleyes:

jungleguy
26-03-2011, 08:13
striking up a conversation with an installer in a gay bar, and he was rude.....I get the feeling you don't take rejection too well.

Raistlin
26-03-2011, 08:34
Yep - maninuniformpickupfail.

Seriously, this is not an installation issue.

Sirius
26-03-2011, 08:36
striking up a conversation with an installer in a gay bar, and he was rude.....I get the feeling you don't take rejection too well.

:LOL:

I have to agree with you that this is in the wrong area of the forum. Do we have a dating thread we can put it in :)

Kymmy
26-03-2011, 08:39
You ever thought that asking about another technician whilst in a gay bar might not have been appropriate?? For all you know malicious rumours might now be going round about his sexuality..

If you want to know about a tech who's off ill then ask the tech in question, even if the other tech knew it's not for him to give you an answer :rolleyes:

Maggy
26-03-2011, 09:43
Nothing to do with Installations so moved to Lifestyle.

broadbandking
26-03-2011, 09:55
report him for been anti gay, this is the kind of threads that get my back up, just because your gay you think the whole world is against you and people are rude, I bet he just said no and you took it wrong.

Gary L
26-03-2011, 09:57

Homophobic or just in a bit of a mood?

Sirius
26-03-2011, 10:11
Or wrong time :)

Gary L
26-03-2011, 10:20
Or wrong time :)

Probably just one of these people that don't enjoy their job :)

broadbandking
26-03-2011, 10:28
Or his waiting to come out.

Julian
26-03-2011, 10:34
So a guy walks into a bar with Virgin on his top and you were the only one to approach him? :erm:

Digital Fanatic
26-03-2011, 19:17
Talk about a rude technician with Virgin.

I was drinking in the Local Gaybar today and there were 2 engineers fixing problems with the installation on the flats above that was only carried out last Monday and left with no internet.

Anyway one of the engineers had to come into the pub for the bar staff to sign something and he looked at us as if we were dirt and i asked if a certain engineer was back in work who i know and is off ill and he looked at me really weirdly and said in an abrupt mannor NO! and turned his back and walked out.

a few people passed comment on it!

Sounds more like he was uncomfortable being asked that question, rather than being rude. :)

Stuart
26-03-2011, 19:24
You ever thought that asking about another technician whilst in a gay bar might not have been appropriate?? For all you know malicious rumours might now be going round about his sexuality..

If you want to know about a tech who's off ill then ask the tech in question, even if the other tech knew it's not for him to give you an answer :rolleyes:

I was going to post, but you've said everything I wanted to.

Actually, there is something else I wanted to say.

The technician possibly sounded rude, but it may be that he was just surprised. I personally wouldn't expect to walk into a bar (gay or straight) and be asked about one of my work colleagues.

If I was, I'd probably either deny knowledge of them, or say "No" like he did. Why? Partly because I feel it would be inapproriate, and partly because I don't know you.

Gary L
27-03-2011, 09:14
I personally wouldn't expect to walk into a bar (gay or straight) and be asked about one of my work colleagues.

If I was, I'd probably either deny knowledge of them, or say "No" like he did. Why? Partly because I feel it would be inapproriate, and partly because I don't know you.

Is that all? ;)

Dude111
27-03-2011, 09:35
striking up a conversation with an installer in a gay bar, and he was rude.....I get the feeling you don't take rejection too well.Maybe he is that way with everyone in a bar like that (Especially if he is not gay)

broadbandking
28-03-2011, 14:03
Anyone notice or welsh friend has disappeared.

PeteLockwood
29-03-2011, 22:36
he probably felt he was under threat! if i was him i would of walked out of there with my back to the wall...

Welshchris
29-03-2011, 23:02
Anyone notice or welsh friend has disappeared.

ive not dissapeared i still feel he was in the wrong, he was standing next to me at the bar and i asked him a question, it wasnt as if i was asking if he wanted a drink or making a pass. I just asked if one of his work collegues had returned to work.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

he probably felt he was under threat! if i was him i would of walked out of there with my back to the wall...

nothing like a homophobic remark to end the day

Stuart
29-03-2011, 23:14
Is that all? ;)

Yes.

Because, of course, Gay men automatically fancy any man they meet.

Digital Fanatic
29-03-2011, 23:36

Nice... https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/14.gif You are obviously not sure of your own sexuality.. I hope you get some help with that.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

ive not dissapeared i still feel he was in the wrong, he was standing next to me at the bar and i asked him a question, it wasnt as if i was asking if he wanted a drink or making a pass. I just asked if one of his work collegues had returned to work.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

nothing like a homophobic remark to end the day

I think he was just uncomfortable and didn't know how to react.. who knows :)

v0id
29-03-2011, 23:55
Yes.

Because, of course, Gay men automatically fancy any man they meet.

No, but it might just be as intimidating to some as a young attractive lass walking past a building site with a load of blokes staring

Digital Fanatic
30-03-2011, 00:06
No, but it might just be as intimidating to some as a young attractive lass walking past a building site with a load of blokes staring

Seriously?

Welshchris
30-03-2011, 00:25
Who said we were all staring at him ffs? 1. I didnt fancy him nor made any advance on him, 2. All i did was ask a simple question.

At the end of the day its part of his job to enter public buildings, a gaybar should be no different to any other place and he should treat any member of the public the same way in which he would like to be treated and spoken to. What would happen if a gay tech went into a str8 bar and a woman just asked him a question and he got all iffy with her? its the same thing.