PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Lasted 20 minutes

Itshim
25-03-2011, 10:31
Have super hub fitted today - internet was down reading - 26 if that means anything to any one. Anyway put in new hub and it worked for all of 20 minutes.:td: Coming back to sort out - Dread to think how often this is going to happen.

craigj2k12
25-03-2011, 10:37
welcome to the superhub!

Itshim
25-03-2011, 12:36
welcome to the superhub!

And I only have 10meg broadband !!!!:confused:

Itshim
25-03-2011, 14:43
Its seems there was a kink in the " cable" - its only be there for I guess 10 years ( Cabletel install) Strange it kinked now. Just hope it stays working .

Wayfair
25-03-2011, 16:26
Damn, I read the title and was gonna ask for tips...

fixerman
26-03-2011, 06:45
Damn, I read the title and was gonna ask for tips...

It takes me 20 minutes to get going these days. :D

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 07:31
nopanic be here soon to tell us its user erorr, or something else that isnt a flawed product.

Peter_
26-03-2011, 07:39
nopanic be here soon to tell us its user erorr, or something else that isnt a flawed product.
According to the OP it was a faulty cable nothing more.:D

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 08:13
According to the OP it was a faulty cable nothing more.:D

in this case will let you off ;)

graham1332
26-03-2011, 08:22
i rang cable yesterday ,,, i couldnt connect to the internet for love nor money ,,,, but anyway , they passed me onto tech services were they said i had a problem with my ie8 , after telling me i did have a problem with my super hub, still couldnt could,nt connect to internet , so they put me in touch with microsoft , ( free ) they asked me all sorts of questions about my p.c ,,, then in the next breath they said there would be a charge of 40 odd pounds plus vat to sort my ie8 out ..... i said i hadnt got that ,, and guess what ,, he put the phone down straight away, anyway, after a reset with the super hub i got it going again ,, but thats another thing cable are blaming it on ,, internet explorer,,,, why cant they say they have made a big mistake and do a re-call ,, and give us our old ones back, which i didnt have a problem with , i only went with the superhub for the 30meg ,, but MOST of the time i cant get on the internet , or if i do ,, internet pages dont load up ,, ...come on virmin.. pull youre finger out and do something

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 10:17

An install failing .. quick recall all the superhubs in case its a global issue.

In fact, we best cancel all installs and review our stance as an ISP.

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 10:34
An install failing .. quick recall all the superhubs in case its a global issue.

In fact, we best cancel all installs and review our stance as an ISP.

Bad impression of your company given by your sarcastic attitude, lack of respect to the issues customers face with the superhub, not even got the decency to acknowledge problems.

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 10:47
Bad impression of your company given by your sarcastic attitude, lack of respect to the issues customers face with the superhub, not even got the decency to acknowledge problems.

- I work for VM but anything posted is my own work ..

graham1332
26-03-2011, 12:46
chrysalis is right , nopanic , you are very sarcastic and i dont think you know what decency is , nopanic , you say you work for virgin, dont make me laugh ,,, i bet all you do is turn up and do nothing all day ,,,

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 12:53
chrysalis is right , nopanic , you are very sarcastic and i dont think you know what decency is , nopanic , you say you work for virgin, dont make me laugh ,,, i bet all you do is turn up and do nothing all day ,,,

:LOL: uh oh you caught me ..

I'm happy to help people on here when I can, but it annoys me that the same people go on and on about how crap VM are and how poor the service is.

Hiddendeath
26-03-2011, 13:36
like any company VM are only as good as the weakest link in the chain. Whilst the superhub is firmware wise a heap of used hankies, design wise and concept wise i like it.

Customer service wise, UK guys are the best.. Call India at your peril:P

So overall VM are ok, i've had worse and better ISP's.

Itshim
26-03-2011, 21:21
Ok here is the full sp.

Internet down modem not working. Tec comes when he said. New Super hub - didnt work. Followed fault back kink in cable caused booster to short( He had already changed it once not see kink) lwhich cut out modem. It was put in years ago because of faults on tV ! strange it is fine with out it.

Must say cant fault the service given And the call centre was India - lovely guy very troubled that the tec had to come back.

Have to say Well done Virgin. My thanks to all concerned

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 21:24
Ok here is the full sp.

Internet down modem not working. Tec comes when he said. New Super hub - didnt work. Followed fault back kink in cable caused booster to short( He had already changed it once not see kink) lwhich cut out modem. It was put in years ago because of faults on tV ! strange it is fine with out it.

Must say cant fault the service given And the call centre was India - lovely guy very troubled that the tec had to come back.

Have to say Well done Virgin. My thanks to all concerned

Excellent :cool:

zekeisaszekedoes
26-03-2011, 21:44
The offshore call centres do get some stick but every so often you'll get a good agent who does the company proud.

chris123
26-03-2011, 21:44
chrysalis is right , nopanic , you are very sarcastic and i dont think you know what decency is , nopanic , you say you work for virmin , dont make me laugh ,,, i bet all you do is turn up and do nothing all day ,,,

he made a comment on a post i made earlier this week,he must be paid by mr murdoch,as he tells everyone who isnt happy with VM service,to leave. bet he was a salesman at some point,but lost his training manual

Skie
26-03-2011, 22:34
The offshore call centres do get some stick but every so often you'll get a good agent who does the company proud.

They are known as expats :p:

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 22:44
he made a comment on a post i made earlier this week,he must be paid by mr murdoch,as he tells everyone who isnt happy with VM service,to leave. bet he was a salesman at some point,but lost his training manual

:erm: no, I just don't expect people to pay for a service they don't get.

chris123
27-03-2011, 00:29
:erm: no, I just don't expect people to pay for a service they don't get.

that is my choice i am a customer,i have worked for VM in one of its former guises. i would expect a little more respect to people you dont know. your internet presence does not paint a rosy future for someone who is decidibg between VM and sky. they will choose sky every time

Peter_
27-03-2011, 07:47
that is my choice i am a customer,i have worked for VM in one of its former guises. i would expect a little more respect to people you dont know. your internet presence does not paint a rosy future for someone who is decidibg between VM and sky. they will choose sky every time
So because you read a post by Nopanic you would cut your nose off to spite your face and go with SKY on a lesser broadband service.

Well if that was your reason for downgrading to such a service I would seriously consider getting advice from from my doctor over your paranoia.

Nopanic
27-03-2011, 10:13

lol that's good, a customer reads a reply from me to a serial complainer and ignores the posts offering support, or the other Staff members here and decided to go to SKY .. lol thats made my morning, cheers.

So because you read a post by Nopanic you would cut your nose off to spite your face and go with SKY on a lesser broadband service.

Well if that was your reason for downgrading to such a service I would seriously consider getting advice from from my doctor over your paranoia.

:D

chris123
27-03-2011, 19:02
lol that's good, a customer reads a reply from me to a serial complainer and ignores the posts offering support, or the other Staff members here and decided to go to SKY .. lol thats made my morning, cheers.

:D
still with VM . you personally never gave advice just a cheap shot telling me to leave for sky if im not happy. got a wireless router today working a lot better than the superdud.sorry superhub.mexican stand off for now.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

ha ha ha no paranoia here lads. everything is rosy.

Nopanic
27-03-2011, 22:24
still with VM . you personally never gave advice just a cheap shot telling me to leave for sky if im not happy. got a wireless router today working a lot better than the superdud.sorry superhub.mexican stand off for now.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

ha ha ha no paranoia here lads. everything is rosy.

Lads ? you think your in the pub with your mates ?

As for a cheap shot, if someone comes on here asking for help, I will do all I can to help. If someone comes on here slagging off VM or it's staff then I will defend them..

We can be poor, its just a fact of life, but the way people attack everything and then carry on being customers is ridiculous ..

If you have an issue you can not get resolved through normal channels you are free to contact me and I will do all I can to help. Of course I will comply with DPA and the site rules and this offer is to chris123, should he need it.

I'm not offering for anyone to just message me. :cool:

zekeisaszekedoes
27-03-2011, 22:34
Lads ? you think your in the pub with your mates ?

He's probably just trying to be friendly, no need to get like that.

We can be poor, its just a fact of life, but the way people attack everything and then carry on being customers is ridiculous ..

Not really, that happens all the time. Britain is a nation of complainers who rarely do anything to fix the situation, or worse, do something and get ignored. Pretty standard stuff.

Nopanic
27-03-2011, 22:43
He's probably just trying to be friendly, no need to get like that.

Not really, that happens all the time. Britain is a nation of complainers who rarely do anything to fix the situation, or worse, do something and get ignored. Pretty standard stuff.

:LOL: you cut down my post to make it sound bad ..

Picking someone post apart in order to cause an argument or make Chris think I'm having a go at him .. clearly you're the bigger man .. the floor is yours.

Paul
27-03-2011, 23:07
Stick to the topic people, not snipes at each other.

chris123
27-03-2011, 23:37
thank you nopanic,for your response.lets consider the issue closed.i dont come on here to be confrontational,and apologise if i seem that way. its just that i had a problem and recieved no help,from people who should "know the score" sorry if i have offended you in any way.

Nopanic
28-03-2011, 08:21
thank you nopanic,for your response.lets consider the issue closed.i dont come on here to be confrontational,and apologise if i seem that way. its just that i had a problem and recieved no help,from people who should "know the score" sorry if i have offended you in any way.

Its the opposite mate, it seems my posting style has been misconstrued again to portray aggression. I'm not aggressive, I just post the way I speak, not always the most sensible approach.

I'm also sorry if I cause offence, it was far from my intentions.

Shall we get a room together now ? :sorry:

Itshim
28-03-2011, 08:38
Thanks nopanic. I am at the front of the line if I need to complain but equally I am there if I get helpful/good service.It cuts both ways I feel

chris123
28-03-2011, 20:30
Its the opposite mate, it seems my posting style has been misconstrued again to portray aggression. I'm not aggressive, I just post the way I speak, not always the most sensible approach.

I'm also sorry if I cause offence, it was far from my intentions.

Shall we get a room together now ? :sorry:

i think a room is out of the question,ive been married for 30+ years,so im happy where i am.