PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Why does it do this?

fixerman
24-03-2011, 20:38
I have my Superhub now for one month on a 30mb speed. I am very pleased generally with steady speeds on the 30ish range and reasonable wifi also. I have one minor niggle that prompts me to ask why the following happens.

Twice since I got the Superhub it lost Internet connection on both wired and wifi even though it was still showing a good signal. A simple hard reboot sorted it out on both occasions. Is this a normal occurrence and why does it happen.

Mick Fisher
24-03-2011, 21:27
Happened to me today when I switched on my desktop.

All lights normal, IP acquired, access locked, signal levels fine. But no internet.

As with yourself I had to reboot it.

The longer I use this thing the more wierd things happen. It can't seem to manage more than 5 hours up time before it spontaneosly reboots itself.

It's just a piece of junk IMO.

pip08456
24-03-2011, 21:37
It's just a piece of junk IMO.

Never a truer word spoken! ( oh bugger you posted it!)

Mick Fisher
24-03-2011, 21:41
Never a truer word spoken! ( oh bugger you posted it!)
:D

craigj2k12
24-03-2011, 21:51
agreed

fixerman
24-03-2011, 23:58
I was hoping for a more constructive response.

pip08456
25-03-2011, 00:47
Sorry, can't think of one.

Chrysalis
25-03-2011, 04:32
normal behaviour for superhub.

Nopanic
25-03-2011, 07:43
Status
System Up Time 5 days 15h:29m:18s

Not for me it isn't ..

If it bothers you call tech support have it replaced.

Chrysalis
25-03-2011, 08:06
how long are VM going to be thinking that issues are down to faulty units rather than a flawed product? What happens when the replacement unit has same issue, endless of cycles of replacing?

buggy conditions will be triggered when certian conditions are met so your 5 day uptime means nothing. I had 2 weeks uptime prior to firmware testing but I still know its a dud.

jtaylor06
25-03-2011, 10:16
Mine had a few technical hitches yesterday.
Even though the singal strength was excellent, websites took 10 minutes to load, and the Xbox was unable to join parties, join games or even browse the market place.

A reboot of the modem fixed it though. Any idea why this happened at all?

craigj2k12
25-03-2011, 10:26
A reboot of the modem fixed it though. Any idea why this happened at all?

as above

Stephen
25-03-2011, 12:13
My Superhub has never dropped the connection, wired and wireless and I have been using it non stop since October.

Itshim
25-03-2011, 12:40
My Superhub has never dropped the connection, wired and wireless and I have been using it non stop since October.

Were you just lucky
See my other post ! it lasted 20 minutes,
Still waiting for engineer to come back. :td:

Hugh
25-03-2011, 12:47
No, I don't think Stephen was lucky.

There are a significant number of SuperHub users who are having problems (minor and major), but that doesn't mean that they are in the majority.

I have had the SuperHub a couple of months, and not had any issues (and I have a lot of devices attached, wired and wireless, including another wireless router upstairs).

Chrysalis
25-03-2011, 12:53
no one has said its a majority. But its enough to suggest the product has flaws. Its my opinion at least some of the flaws are hardware based making it a dud.

In truth my superhub has hardly been stressed for a while which is probably why its running ok and I am using dmz to the dir615 which helps it a lot as port forwarding trashes it.

allanprg
25-03-2011, 12:53
I have had my Superhub on 30mb for about 2 months now and not had a thing wrong. A steady 30mb on wireless no matter what time of day.I use several laptops and an iphone on wireless.So i am happy with mine.:)

Skie
25-03-2011, 17:13
My Superhub has caused no issues since it was disconnected and replaced with a modem + proper router combo.

Nopanic
25-03-2011, 18:02
how long are VM going to be thinking that issues are down to faulty units rather than a flawed product? What happens when the replacement unit has same issue, endless of cycles of replacing?

buggy conditions will be triggered when certian conditions are met so your 5 day uptime means nothing. I had 2 weeks uptime prior to firmware testing but I still know its a dud.

no one has said its a majority. But its enough to suggest the product has flaws. Its my opinion at least some of the flaws are hardware based making it a dud.

In truth my superhub has hardly been stressed for a while which is probably why its running ok and I am using dmz to the dir615 which helps it a lot as port forwarding trashes it.

Where do you get your data from ?

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 06:23
customers and my own use.

where do you get yours from?

Peter_
26-03-2011, 07:44
My Superhub has been up and running for more than 5 weeks without a hiccup.

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 08:12
My Superhub has been up and running for more than 5 weeks without a hiccup.

and how is that relevant? or are you working on the basis that for a product to be flawed it must mean it affects everyone.

Peter_
26-03-2011, 08:23
and how is that relevant? or are you working on the basis that for a product to be flawed it must mean it affects everyone.
Allanprg has posted a similar post above and his hub has also been stable for over 2 months.

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 09:46
customers and my own use.

where do you get yours from?

The entire Virgin media customer base.

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 10:38
The entire Virgin media customer base.

Bad answer. very very bad.

For a start I have gave negative feedback and I am a customer.

So your answer is immediatly not credible as me a single customer stops you been able to claim the entire customer base says its fine.

Next I suggest you take a step back, and read your own customer forums. Perhaps your own customers there might teach you something.

You seem to be conveniantly shifting negative feedback aside (a common mistake by companies) to justify your stance.

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 10:51
Bad answer. very very bad.

For a start I have gave negative feedback and I am a customer.

So your answer is immediatly not credible as me a single customer stops you been able to claim the entire customer base says its fine.

Next I suggest you take a step back, and read your own customer forums. Perhaps your own customers there might teach you something.

You seem to be conveniantly shifting negative feedback aside (a common mistake by companies) to justify your stance.

I have no reason to justify anything to you. I am not Virgin Media, I am someone posting on a forum in my own time amused by your ramblings.

You claim the superhub to be a failure based on the amount of faults you have seen. I consider it to not to be, based on my visibility of the amount of customers using it without issues.

Some customers have issues and its down to Vm to sort them, which if the customer calls in or posts on the VM forums, they are trying to do.

zekeisaszekedoes
26-03-2011, 11:39
As I'm so fond of saying, it seems to be the case that people not having problems are the ones not putting it under a lot of pressure in terms of LAN/WAN traffic, which is ironic considering it's the only one available for official use on the 100Mb tier.

Personally I'd rather have a slower and more reliable connection, and I know I'm not alone there.

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 11:44
I said it was a flawed product not a failure, 2 different things.

Another arrogant comment I see, customers that give negative feedback are now ramblers?

By the way a silent customer is not neccesary one who isnt having an issue.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

As I'm so fond of saying, it seems to be the case that people not having problems are the ones not putting it under a lot of pressure in terms of LAN/WAN traffic, which is ironic considering it's the only one available for official use on the 100Mb tier.

Personally I'd rather have a slower and more reliable connection, and I know I'm not alone there.

I would like to see a comparison of 100mbit takeup vs 50mbit product when 50mbit was still new. I will hazard a guess that 50mbit (at its at the time higher price) had higher takeup than 100mbit does now, simply because people are avoiding 100mbit for the superhub reason.

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 12:03
Another arrogant comment I see, customers that give negative feedback are now ramblers?

I'm a customer of ASDA.

That has as much relevance as you being a customer of VM has to me. You keep trying to suggest that I am VM and you are every customer that has ever had an issue.

My comments are aimed at you. No one else and they come from me, not VM.

If a customer has a fault, report it, get it sorted.

Chrysalis
26-03-2011, 12:31
You make it sound all so simple. If only that was the reality.

What if it can only be sorted by changing kit? this is where this issue has arised. Then a deadlock is reached because its something VM wont do easily.

If you want to be seen as an individual only then remove the I am a VM staff tag and dont tell people you work for VM. As far as I am concerned you work for VM, the fact you may be more polite if speaking to me from your work because VM force you to isnt relevant to me.

Nopanic
26-03-2011, 13:37
You make it sound all so simple. If only that was the reality.

What if it can only be sorted by changing kit? this is where this issue has arised. Then a deadlock is reached because its something VM wont do easily.

If you want to be seen as an individual only then remove the I am a VM staff tag and dont tell people you work for VM. As far as I am concerned you work for VM, the fact you may be more polite if speaking to me from your work because VM force you to isnt relevant to me.

If you want to think everything I say is a representation of VM then you go right ahead .. and for the record I don't speak to customers ... and I wouldn't be polite if I spoke to you :D

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

apologies to fixerman, I've let this go off topic.

If you are unhappy with the service, you need to call in and get someone to look at it. No point paying for a service if you don't get it as expected and advertised.