PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub problems

pj 1984
23-03-2011, 22:17
Hi all. Recently upgraded to 30 mbps and a new superhub which arrived today. Hitting 27 mgps on the speedtest so very happy with that. Hardwired everything is great. However my problems begin as soon as i try to go wireless, which is one of the reasons i upgraded as my 17 month old son broke the ariel off my old router but thats another story. Anyway i cant connect wirelessly with the superhub. It wasn't connecting at all so i tried the following. Disable ip flood and firewall. Change wireless channel number to 7.After doing this i can now connect to the superhub but the webpage fails to load in internet explorer. Has anyone any ideas? also will VM give me my money back if i fail to resolve this issue?
Thanks

General Maximus
23-03-2011, 22:29
how do you know you are connecting to the superhub? Either in the nic utility or in windows can you see that you have established a connection to the hub and have got an ip address (like 192.168.1.102). If you have got an internet connection your wireless icon on the taskbar should have a little blue globe in front of it.

pj 1984
23-03-2011, 23:09
YeA it's definatly connected I've got the little globe bottom right of my desktop. But as soon as I go into Internet explorer the webpage fails to load. But as soon as I go hardwired it's fine. I'm only sitting 2 feet from the computer. Also strange things happening with signal strength one minuite it's 5 bars and next minuite it's down to 1 bar. I can't connect at all using my iPhone

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Correction. 2 feet from hub

Skie
23-03-2011, 23:33
Try changing the bandwidth setting on the wireless to one of the lower values rather than the default 300. I had the same issue, wireless would act as if it was working but not actually do anything once connected and futzing around with this setting made it better for a short while (which ended up needing a reboot to fix temporarily).

If it dosent work, VM should provide a refund if its within the 28 days grace period.

pj 1984
24-03-2011, 14:04
Horray success at last. Changin the bandwidth didn't really work for me, i changed the passphrase and tinkered with some other settings and after rebooting the modem several times im now wireless on both my laptop and iphone. Just hope it lasts. thanks for the help people

pip08456
24-03-2011, 17:01
May be worth checking if you have an Atheros wireless card and updating the drivers. It's a known problem.

Download drivers from here:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php

Extract files.

Update driver again from device manager,
this time select specify manually and point
it to the folder you extracted the driver to.

Thanks to Masque for the link and instructions.

Peter_
24-03-2011, 18:42
May be worth checking if you have an Atheros wireless card and updating the drivers. It's a known problem.

Download drivers from here:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php

Extract files.

Update driver again from device manager,
this time select specify manually and point
it to the folder you extracted the driver to.

Thanks to Masque for the link and instructions.
Still very good advice and it involves other brands of routers as well such as my own Edimax router.