PDA

View Full Version : Superhub New Superhub - Cannot use static IP or change Lan IP

gjbxxx
23-03-2011, 14:29
Hi,

My 50MB modem failed and VM just replaced it and the Dlink w/l router with a new superhub. It was working when the eng left, then I tried to change the LAN IP away from the default buit although my local lan devices (laptop etc) could connect to the superhub I couyld not get onto the internet. Even when I changed it back unless I used DHCP I had the same problem. Can someone please help. I need to use static IPs and port forward. I would dearly like to have my old local subnet back too.

Thanks,

Kymmy
23-03-2011, 14:52
What's the local subnet?

arcimedes
23-03-2011, 15:13
You might get away with reserving an IP address for each MAC address that you want a fixed IP for. Its in Advanced settings LAN IP

gjbxxx
23-03-2011, 15:47
What's the local subnet?

At the moment it the default but I wanted to change it to `192.168.202.0 because that was the subnet I had on my dlink and all my devices e.g xbox, laptop, TV, BR player etc had IP addresses on that subnet.
When I changed the superhub LAN IP to that subnet I could connect to the superhub but for some reason it would not pass traffic through to the internet.
I've overcome the static IP problem by reserving IP addresses via MAC address but I still want to change the subnet.

arcimedes
23-03-2011, 16:18
There is some discussion on VM's help and support forums which seems to conclude that you cant change the subnet but here was some possibility if you released all the leases it would work.

See http://community.virginmedia.com (http://community.virginmedia.com/)/

and seach for subnet and superhub

Kymmy
23-03-2011, 16:57
At the moment it the default but I wanted to change it to `192.168.202.0 because that was the subnet I had on my dlink and all my devices e.g xbox, laptop, TV, BR player etc had IP addresses on that subnet.
When I changed the superhub LAN IP to that subnet I could connect to the superhub but for some reason it would not pass traffic through to the internet.
I've overcome the static IP problem by reserving IP addresses via MAC address but I still want to change the subnet.

Just add a 2nd IP to the network card within the correct range and subnet.. It'll all still work (the joys of windows in that you can assign more than one IP per NIC as long as both are manually set)

Chrysalis
23-03-2011, 17:27
you can change the subnet easily but not in an obvious way.

go to the lan ip page.

where it says lan ip address below device name, edit the new value in the 3rd box.
do not hit apply it will fail.
scroll to the bottom and click clear dhcp leases.

the superhub should now reboot on the new subnet.

gjbxxx
23-03-2011, 18:47
you can change the subnet easily but not in an obvious way.

go to the lan ip page.

where it says lan ip address below device name, edit the new value in the 3rd box.
do not hit apply it will fail.
scroll to the bottom and click clear dhcp leases.

the superhub should now reboot on the new subnet.

Thx, doing it in that order changed it properly