PDA

View Full Version : job centre and their lies

crt
23-03-2011, 01:05
my friend went to a jobcentre bac to work session yesterday

they made this recording, listen to how patronising the staff are

[mod edit: link removed] - the sound quality is not great but after the 1st coupl of minutes it clears up turn your speakers up high . it is an mp3

if some1 culd post the link on digitalspy.co.uk i would be thankful

Kymmy
23-03-2011, 08:41
Unless you informed the staff of the recording there is possible legal issues to making that recording available to a third party. So Link is removed.

If you wish to continue the thread detailing what was said and why you find it patronising then please do so but please stay within the TOS for this site as found HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/about/21/terms-and-conditions)

Hom3r
23-03-2011, 10:06
I had a back to work seesion on a Saturday, and they weren't patronising, but they did state the obvious.

I have had a member that I see on my signing on day say thet a minimum wage job was acceptable even though it was 20 miles away as he said "A job was a job", and if I had got that job I would be paying to work there after taxs and my bills.

crt
23-03-2011, 12:17
the staff were aware

if any1 would like the link - feel free to pm me

if some1 could make digitalspy.co.uk members aware of this i would be thankful

Hugh
23-03-2011, 12:45
the staff were aware

if any1 would like the link - feel free to pm me

if some1 could make digitalspy.co.uk members aware of this i would be thankfulAnd gave their consent for playback to anyone?

Gary L
23-03-2011, 12:52
I believe it's ok. otherwise we wouldn't be able to publish 'undercover' recordings on TV. or even publish a video on youtube.

Hugh
23-03-2011, 13:26
I believe it's ok. otherwise we wouldn't be able to publish 'undercover' recordings on TV. or even publish a video on youtube.
You may find this informative.

http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/browse/advice-and-benefits/legal-advice/general-legal-advice/recordingconversations.htm

Gary L
23-03-2011, 13:40
This isn't a one to one recording. it's a group thing.
you could always use the "public interest" clause.

crt
23-03-2011, 14:49
can i post the link in this thread?

Pog66
23-03-2011, 14:49

I'm sure the BBC or whoever have legal teams crawling over any recordings prior to them going out and even then can be liable to prosecution.

CF team is right to pull the link as per T&C's - what the OP does privately is up to them.

Interested why the OP can't post to DigitalSPy themselves - not banned by anychance?:erm:

peanut
02-04-2011, 19:21
According to the Guardian, the job centre now has targets to meet to cheat people out of their benefits.

Jobcentres 'tricking' people out of benefits to cut costs, says whistleblower

The DWP denies there are specific targets, but the Guardian has seen email evidence of referral targets in one office, and the issue of targets has been raised by employees on online forums.

- Full Story Here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benefit-sanctions)

Gary L
03-04-2011, 10:08
When a claimant is sanctioned their jobseeker's allowance is stopped. They then have to apply for hardship payments, which are usually about half the allowance, or just over £30 a week. John, in Wigan, has been sanctioned for six months and says he has to rely on food parcels and must sleep on his friend's couch. "It's left me in a state of depression. I've lost weight, I'm tired … I feel like I've been attacked for no reason."

Depressing really. we're all in it together. we'll be helping each other to rob to stay alive, and commit suicide to get out of it.

things will only get worse. not better.

wwe
03-04-2011, 22:07
ive been on the back to work seesion and it was boring all they did was show this thing on screen from the computer telling us who to contact about stuff. half the people didn't turn up and the ones there were well happy to get out of there saying we all new this which we did

crt
06-04-2011, 17:45
i still ave the recordin'. pm me if you want to listen 2 it, i will give u the link

jb66
06-04-2011, 17:46
Post it on YouTube!

crt
06-04-2011, 17:52
Post it on YouTube!

i do not no how 2

wwe
06-04-2011, 18:32
had a phone call off them this morning asking me if i can come in to sign on at 10 when i ment to come in today at 1130. they ranged me at 9. Are they not ment to give you 24 hours notice 1st. i was asleep anyway so couldn't.

crt
06-04-2011, 18:50
can i post the link in this thread ?

Sirius
06-04-2011, 18:59

I think you will find it will be a no. Why don't you post it on Digital Spy instead of asking someone else to do it.

dilli-theclaw
06-04-2011, 19:04
i do not no how 2Well, if it means that much to you. Google it and learn how to :tu: - problem sorted.

adzii_nufc
07-04-2011, 09:20
6 posts, All in this thread.

Talking about Digital Spy..

Anyone else put 2+2 together yet?

Send it to Watchdog? Do they give rewards out :shocked:

papasmurf
11-04-2011, 02:03
And this is a forum where we speak English. It's not a mobile 'phone, so txt spk is not appreciated. :td:

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 16:58
good job by the guardian, why am I not surprised by this tho.

MTJR
11-04-2011, 17:18
had a phone call off them this morning asking me if i can come in to sign on at 10 when i ment to come in today at 1130. they ranged me at 9. Are they not ment to give you 24 hours notice 1st. i was asleep anyway so couldn't.

I don't know your personal circumstances but someone who is claiming Job Seekers Allowance would, quite fairly in my opinion, be expected to be up at 9am seeking employment. Does it really sound that unreasonable?

But anyhoo, if I had such a supposedly damning recording of Job Centre staff I'd probably be on the phone to one of the daily rags or such like. Not posting it on a forum.

John

Chrysalis
11-04-2011, 17:38
I don't know your personal circumstances but someone who is claiming Job Seekers Allowance would, quite fairly in my opinion, be expected to be up at 9am seeking employment. Does it really sound that unreasonable?

But anyhoo, if I had such a supposedly damning recording of Job Centre staff I'd probably be on the phone to one of the daily rags or such like. Not posting it on a forum.

John

I think its unreasonable to suggest someone can fill 40 hours a week looking for work :), sure if they have an interview at 9am they need to be up for it, but looking for work isnt a 9 till 5 thing.

Russ
11-04-2011, 18:28

No you may not.

MTJR
11-04-2011, 18:33
No you may not.

Come on, don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think. ;)

John