PDA

View Full Version : freesat newbie question

malnuman
22-03-2011, 16:06
hi, i have a few meters of virgin media cable, is it ok to use this to connect my hd freesat box to the freesat dish that i already have connected up? i am going to extend the connection to a 2nd room,.. or would i have to buy some freesat areial cable... thanks

Kymmy
22-03-2011, 16:07
VM cable should be the same impedance as sat cable so yes you can do that

Chris
22-03-2011, 16:16
hi, i have a few meters of virgin media cable, is it ok to use this to connect my hd freesat box to the freesat dish that i already have connected up? i am going to extend the connection to a 2nd room,.. or would i have to buy some freesat areial cable... thanks

Further to the above ... while the Virgin Media cable should be more than adequate, you should avoid lengthening your satellite cable by connecting lengths together. If possible run a single length from the dish to the box. You are less likely to suffer signal degredation/outright loss in the long term, especially if your cable join is outdoors.

malnuman
22-03-2011, 18:34
thanks for the helpfull replies, its just one length of cable so no need to cut it... i have 4 connections on my sat dish so i can hook it up frm one of them and straight to the xtra room.... thanks again