PDA

View Full Version : 30M Xbox Live please help!!!

RELZ
21-03-2011, 22:31
Well I bought 30MB BB from Virgin, and for people who play xbox please help me on this...

Ok so I get host in most of the matches I play online, but everytime when someone connects to the game, my game freezes for a while and my friends say that it is connection interrupted. This happens a lot and is very annoying. My internet is fine, full speeds for everything.

The game I am referring to is Call of Duty by the way.

PLZ HELP!!

Harryn9000
21-03-2011, 22:52
couple of questions
1. do u have a superhub. ( i asume u do)
2. have u turned ip Flood And Firewall on the superhub

RELZ
21-03-2011, 22:54
Yep and yep I did that, by the way it is connected with an ethernet so it's not wireless.

Harryn9000
21-03-2011, 23:16
i no the call of duty servers are not the best this year. and xbox live has been playing up for a while.when it connected by ethernet it should be best connection but it seem you have done that. i no virgin are causing problems for gamers with there p2p policy. one thing what times are u playing Cod usually.

RELZ
21-03-2011, 23:26
from around 3-9pm

lowei
21-03-2011, 23:35
I have the same problem as well.and if I'm in party chat some times apparently I sound like Norman collier.yes I'm on 50 meg,and no I don't have supper hub,all power levels are fine.

Harryn9000
21-03-2011, 23:42
relz it could be virgin traffic management that killing the connection for ya. i would give VM a ring and see if there is high utillasation in your area.

RELZ
21-03-2011, 23:47
No there isnt, my internet is absolutely fine when browsing, but when hosting online games. i dont know what the problem is :(

Harryn9000
21-03-2011, 23:55
relz the utillasation effect it m8. i've had experience of it around christmas up till febuary. i was having bad problems playing fifa, and cod getting lag on xbox 360 my mates was telling me they was getting bad lag there end by it was fine my end. but it was fine browsing. it turned out my router was at fault in the end. after the utillasation got fixed

RELZ
21-03-2011, 23:57
relz the utillasation effect it m8. i've had experience of it around christmas up till febuary. i was having bad problems playing fifa, and cod getting lag on xbox 360 my mates was telling me they was getting bad lag there end by it was fine my end. but it was fine browsing.

If there is, does an engineer come round or what?

lowei
22-03-2011, 00:00
Relz,I play on line with a few people with a virgin connection on cod and they all have this trouble.Quote:
Virgin Media has admitted it's restricting P2P uploads during peak times in a trial that the company plans to extend nationwide if it proves successful.

RELZ
22-03-2011, 00:02
Relz,I play on line with a few people with a virgin connection on cod and they all have this trouble.Quote:
Virgin Media has admitted it's restricting P2P uploads during peak times in a trial that the company plans to extend nationwide if it proves successful.

Just my luck, was it fine before they started this for you?

lowei
22-03-2011, 00:05
Yes...can't wait for bt infinity.It gets a bit much when your in game and you don't want to get host because you know that people will complain about the connection.Its fantastic what virgin is doing to us gamers.keep it up virgin 

Harryn9000
22-03-2011, 00:10
relz if it utillasation u have to wait for them to fix it which could be months. if router vm will get replace it for free.

IGR
22-03-2011, 07:48
relz if it utillasation u have to wait for them to fix it which could be months.

Wouldn't that be a fine thing... I was told last May that my pc gaming problems and general poor quality of service was down to "HIGH UTILLIZATION" it's still not sorted....
If I try to play cod4 in the evenings it's a joke....
ROLL ON BT INFINITY.. Although that may prove to be no better. But extra competition for higher speeds has to be good. VM have had that all to themselves for too long.............

Harryn9000
22-03-2011, 09:58
keep phoning up m8. i got mine fixed in with in a few months only problem was mine was effecting more than me which has it advantages.if u keep getting dates i kept phoneing thinking of leaving option in the end it got fixed.