PDA

View Full Version : 100M 100mb problem

Tawton9
20-03-2011, 09:43
Hi guys,

I had 100mb installed yesterday and downloaded a huge 20gb blu ray (only took 40 minutes:) )

after downloading that I was downloading again and my internet was crashing every time I tried a download using a download manager through rapidshare. It then timed out my connection so couldn't go on web sites and when I reset modem it was saying unidentified network, only worked again when repairing.

Have Virgin Media put a cap in place on this 100mb service because I never had this problem with my 50mb service which was perfect.

telfordcable
20-03-2011, 13:03
Waste of money ! Waste of time ! Not worth it ! It pretty useless & pointless !

Time to downgrade back to 50 Meg for you !

Ignitionnet
20-03-2011, 14:31
Yes, they've started capping people who pirate movies and will restrict your service so that you can only go to Amazon.

Seriously - nope, sounds like a problem with your 'Super' Hub. Have a chat with technical support.

mikeebhoy
03-04-2011, 12:22
Those dirty rat Bas****s at VM have started a new tier of traffic management that restricts downstream to a minimum if you are using p2p or newsgroups during certain times of day , as I have just found out after I signed up for the 100 meg service

Have a look in this link for the correct info

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy.html

theoldbill
03-04-2011, 12:30
Those dirty rat Bas****s at VM have started a new tier of traffic management that restricts downstream to a minimum if you are using p2p or newsgroups during certain times of day , as I have just found out after I signed up for the 100 meg service

Have a look in this link for the correct info

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy.html

In practice though I've never come across this being applied (or alteast being noticeable - especially since you'd be lucky as it is to get enough seeds to shove stuff at the full 100meg on torrents) - and really, if you had any morals you'd keep to caning your connection to offpeak anyway ;)

Nopanic
03-04-2011, 13:17
Those dirty rat Bas****s at VM

That's a bit harsh, maybe if people didn't download illegal content the management systems wouldn't be in place.

No suggesting the OP was.

theoldbill
03-04-2011, 13:22
"Staff package and about 6 modems..." all seeding torrents, right!

Not suggesting you are, I mean I'm sure there's other reasons for having them!

Ignitionnet
03-04-2011, 15:01
That's a bit harsh, maybe if people didn't download illegal content the management systems wouldn't be in place.

No suggesting the OP was.

I think given he was downloading a 20GB Blu Ray image from Rapidshare there is no reason to 'suggest' anything ;)

Nopanic
03-04-2011, 15:04
"Staff package and about 6 modems..." all seeding torrents, right!

Not suggesting you are, I mean I'm sure there's other reasons for having them!

If you can tell me how to use 6 modems at once ... I'd be willing to try that ..

craigj2k12
03-04-2011, 16:28
splitter into 2 splitters into 3 splitters ;)

General Maximus
03-04-2011, 17:09
back to the original problem, i think it is the pooperhub which is at fauylt because many other peeps have reported the same problem (regarldess of tier and location)

Chrysalis
03-04-2011, 17:52
have VM accidently put the beta firmware on your superdud?

connections timing out cutting out downloads is a bug on that heh.

pip08456
03-04-2011, 22:07
have VM accidently put the beta firmware on your superdud?

connections timing out cutting out downloads is a bug on that heh.

Some peeps were suffering those faults on original firmware.

DigitalShadow
05-04-2011, 12:06
If you can tell me how to use 6 modems at once ... I'd be willing to try that ..

Easy, I've seen it done, back in the days of pirated modems, hanging 10 together and getting them to work on one pc through bittorrent was very common.