PDA

View Full Version : Superhub virgin superhub + ps3 connection problem's

loggo
18-03-2011, 23:04
Evening, im having strange problem's with my ps3 and the not so superhub. My problem is that sometime's my ps3 will connect fine(wirless) some time's and on other ocasions, i get dns error's or my psn will not load very well and be slow to load. Also when this is happening, game's like cod will lose conection to there server's.

This happen's all time's of the day but somtime's seem's worse at night and i cannie pin point the problem.

Here are some of my superhub setting's, firewall unchecked, ip flood unchecked.
wpa auto,upto 300mps.

Now i have read about putting my ps3 dmz mode but im trying to find a different solution before doing this as im a bit concerned about doing this in case my network become's less secure. Thanks .

kangocartman
19-03-2011, 11:02
Although I have my ps3 wired you may want to try selecting a channel manually and turning it down to 54mps see if that helps.

Neo-Tech
19-03-2011, 11:27
I had the same problem and ended up just connecting it to wired so it can take advantage of the full speed. :(

loggo
19-03-2011, 12:04
Ok im gonna try turning it down to 145mps. what about dmz? has any one got any views about this?. Also, i played my ps3 last night, for about 3 hour's and she was running fine on black op's with no drop out's. Also neo, i can't hard wire this ps3 as it's my second ps3 and it's in my bedroom + my old flusey aint gonna be happy with me putting more trunking up the wall's:)

kangocartman
19-03-2011, 12:26
your ps3 has a max of 54mps g wireless but have you thought of homeplugs 200mps are about 50 quid these days smoother gaming I hear too old to play 'em myself

MrBlond
19-04-2011, 19:49
Have you tried using an iPhone or laptop to see what other networks are online when your connection fails. A typical reason why wireless networks fail in the evening is people come home, turn on their equipment and if they are using the same channel as you, it can bump you off whilst your router and theirs continually try to reconnect. You can also get interference from other electrical equipment.

There are only 13 channels available in the UK and I often see interference from other peoples equipment when I am onsite and looking at these kind of problems.

I highly recommend the EoP (Ethernet Over Power) plugs. They are quick and easy to use and Devolo now sell a 500MB version.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Incidentally we have problems with some of NetGear's newer ADSL routers overheating. I am not sure if this applies to the cable units.

General Maximus
19-04-2011, 23:07
you need to knock the connection speed down to 145mbits and use a wireless channel of 9 or below

robolots
11-07-2011, 17:59
I have been pretty cheesed off with having a very incompatible and PS3.
I have got so fed up with it I went out and bought some Netricity 500mps homeplug kit for £69.99 (on special down from £99) from Maplin.

Plugged one in to router and one into ps3 and now works fantastically at around 20mb download speeds.

At least with the £50 credit from Virgin for taking out Tivo it has nearly paid for itself!

I know it shouldn't of come to myself having to go out and pay for another bit of kit-but I thought I would share with you all that at least the netricity homeplug kit works and is a solution if anyone wants to try them.

Bullstein
13-07-2011, 14:07
I put my ps3 in DMZ 2 years ago and never had any problems or disconnects

qasdfdsaq
13-07-2011, 20:03
The superhub didn't exist 2 years ago.

General Maximus
13-07-2011, 20:13

yes it did, in my worst nightmares :D

Bullstein
13-07-2011, 20:15

Duh,

Really?

Did I say I put my ps3 in a superhub DMZ?

I've put it in the DMZ of every router I've had over the past 2 years dimwit, and it's now in my superhubs :)

qasdfdsaq
13-07-2011, 20:22
And every router of yours has what to do with the Superhub?

Bullstein
13-07-2011, 20:33
The question of putting a ps3 in DMZ is not limited to superhub.

My reply states that I have been doing that for 2 years

Simples

Same applies to superhub or any other router, your question was dumb and irrelevant really

qasdfdsaq
13-07-2011, 22:50
Your reply has nothing to do with the actual problem in this thread. The Superhub and its wireless issues have nothing to do with you and your DMZ.

Your responses have all been dumb and irrelevant. You can do whatever you want for your whole damn life. Still won't help someone who has a completely different device to you.

Hugh
13-07-2011, 22:55
Let's all calm down, shall we?

Bullstein
13-07-2011, 23:07
Lmao

The guy asked about DMZ, I replied with my 2 year experience of that using different devices and the superhub

Grow up sonny

_wtf_
15-07-2011, 09:28
I put my ps3 in DMZ 2 years ago and never had any problems or disconnects

Really :confused:

So how come you posted this yesterday? Post 625.

I replaced my VMNG300 yesterday with the superhub (100MB) as I was having problems gaming. I did notice whilst dismantling my old set up that I had the wrong power supply to the VMNG300, it had a 12v 1.5A instead of 12v 1A

Maybe this caused my gaming "stickiness" problems?

Bullstein
15-07-2011, 13:06
What I meant was that I never had any issues with DMZ, ie security issues or disconnects

Lagginess during gaming is a different matter and down to jitter on my VM network I reckon

But DMZ hasn't caused me any problems whatsoever (which was what the guy was asking )

Bullstein
16-07-2011, 02:22
But really you should actually read the posts and have a think before posting comments like that

Lol