PDA

View Full Version : Area Fault (DN4 Area)

haydnwalker
11-03-2011, 13:23
Hi All,

Since last night, we've been experiencing a loss of Internet Connectivity and TV Service. I had already rebooted STB/SACM to no avail and decided to leave it over night in case the engineers were "messing" in the cab.

However today the services are still disrupted, so I phoned faults and got through to a nice chap in India. He advised me after checking my line and modem, that it wasn't an individual fault but an area fault which has an Fix ETA of 16:00hrs today.

However, after checking the VM Status pages at work (where I am now) for my area, it shows as no faults on the BB side, and just a VOD issue on the TV side (that's been open since Feb 2011).

The guy in India did give me a fault reference number but it doesn't correspond to the fault listed.

Can any of the CS/Tech Support reps that frequent the forums tell me which would be the most up-to-date information? The Indian rep or the Website...or would they both have the same info?

And if anyone can check the Fault Ref for me, that would be even better...

TIA
Haydn

PS. The Indian rep was very polite and didn't give me none of the "I'll send you a new modem" or "reboot the Router" nonsense :)

D.Casey
11-03-2011, 13:50
DN35 & DN32 have been experiencing loss of internet between 7 & 10.30 the last 3 nights. Might be connected as a guy posted on vm forums that he was having the same internet problem and he was from dn34.

haydnwalker
11-03-2011, 15:00
Ah right, well my other half has just phoned me to tell me its working OK now...so don't know what the issue was or if its going to continue. But it's hell without TV and Internet in the evening :(