PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub delivery.

philwhite100
10-03-2011, 20:12
Had a text message from VM this morning saying my Superhub would be delivered this afternoon but it never turned up.

After calling CS this evening it turned that the van it was on was stolen sometime this morning and all it's contents too.

Won't be surprised if it ends up on ebay along with other goods.
I have a delivery date of Monday now.

qasdfdsaq
11-03-2011, 01:08
LOL.

Now there's a creative excuse if there ever was one.

Peter_
11-03-2011, 06:05
If it is true then that driver will have lost their job.

qasdfdsaq
11-03-2011, 12:09
Unlikely. If as you say all the deliveries and stock management are outsourced, courier companies have insurance for these kinds of things.

Peter_
11-03-2011, 13:12
Unlikely. If as you say all the deliveries and stock management are outsourced, courier companies have insurance for these kinds of things.
In the other thread the driver said they were self employed so for the van to be stolen would require keys unless the driver was threatened.

Still we will never know regardless.

Blackened
11-03-2011, 13:16
How does a van being stolen require keys?

Peter_
11-03-2011, 13:19
How does a van being stolen require keys?
Kind of helps to drive it away especially as they tend to have alarm fobs fitted that have to contact sensors on the vans.

qasdfdsaq
11-03-2011, 13:25
In the other thread the driver said they were self employed so for the van to be stolen would require keys unless the driver was threatened.

Still we will never know regardless.
Well indeed, we may not know.

I would contend however that even if the drivers are self-employed, they will have insurance (it's a requirement) and the courier companies will do too.

I suppose that as SE they won't have the same protections against sacking as employed staff but still, these kinds of things happen all the time, so I don't see him/her being sacked if it was not their fault. If it was due to negligence however, it's a different story.

Peter_
11-03-2011, 13:28
Well indeed, we may not know.

I would contend however that even if the drivers are self-employed, they will have insurance (it's a requirement) and the courier companies will do too.

I suppose that as SE they won't have the same protections against sacking as employed staff but still, these kinds of things happen all the time, so I don't see him/her being sacked if it was not their fault. If it was due to negligence however, it's a different story.
We will never know anyway even if it actually happened or if say they left the keys in the van and it was taken by a opportunist thief, everything is just pure speculation.

dannywaugh1
15-12-2011, 20:22
I was suppose to get my super hub today took the day of and missed a dentist appointment waiting in and i called them and was told it is down for delivery tomorrow the Th. so 24hr delivery is now 72hr delivery how unreliable can home delivery network get!

vm have been great!