PDA

View Full Version : Superhub No Network available since the installation of the new VM Superhub

tazz1974
09-03-2011, 19:30
Just wondered if anyone can help, I have recently upgraded to 30m and VM have given me a new Superhub. The only issue is that I can not see any of my other PC's on the network even though all work fine. I have had the hub replaced and spent hours on the phone with VM changing settings only for me to be able to see my other peices of kit for a while then it drops it all again.

Can anyone help, regrettably im not a huge techy but can follow instructions, well those that come from someone that knows what they are doing unlike VM.

Apologies to anyone that works for VM but even some of the staff I have spoken to dont know why I was sent a replacement hub or asked to change certain settings.

Thanks in advance.

Tazz

Stephen
09-03-2011, 19:38
Hi and welcome.

Can your other pcs connect to the web ok? Are you trying to get them to share files on the network?

I take it you had it all setup ok previously?

tazz1974
09-03-2011, 19:41
All other PC's are working fine, I am just trying to pick up another PC that is connected to a storage system to access some files.

This all worked fine before, no need for groups or anything.

regards
tazz

Stephen
09-03-2011, 20:16
Not sure. When I set up my superhub after connecting all devices to it I was still able to connect to my mac from laptop and vice versa.

Hopefully someone with more networking knowledge will pop by soon.

tazz1974
09-03-2011, 20:22
by all accounts VM are aware and releasing a firmware update in June to correct the problem, I ask you what bloody good is JUNE???

One and a half hours on the phone to India and they are still saying its a problem with my set up. I even put the old router and modem back on today and its all fine like that.

Stephen
09-03-2011, 20:44
I heard it will be may not June.

However they can't just release it, the new firmware will have to be fully tested before rolling out to customers and that usually takes some time as it will be tested internally then a larger scale testing with some customers.

jb66
09-03-2011, 20:53
So what happened to the current firmware? Did they forget to test it?

tazz1974
09-03-2011, 20:54
it would appear so as my unit is now getting to me and no one fron VM can seem to assist. No disrespect to overseas call centre's but it makes it really hard work with the techy advice.

CBers
09-03-2011, 21:34
Have you tried adding each servers to the other's host file ( in c:\windows\drivers\etc) ??

Might be worth it - not sure NetBios works OK on these superhubs.

Mick Fisher
10-03-2011, 16:26
If your wireless is dropping/reconnecting continuously try changing the 802.11 mode from 300mbps to Up to 145mbps.

If you can see your network but cannot connect make sure the 802.11 band is set to 2.4mhz.

Make sure your wireless security is WPA2-PSK[AES] for N to work.

And of course Firewall and IP flood detection need switching Off along with optimising your wireless channel selection.

If troubleshooting nework connection issues always make sure any software firewalls are switch Off or set to allow All traffic.

leeb9972
11-03-2011, 18:35
I had the same problems, goto 192.168.0.1 / Advance Settings / Content Filtering / Service and untick Firewall Features and IP Flood... :)
Should work now...

VM are realsing a patch soon for Superhub which allows these to be turned back on and not restrict access etc

;)

Lee

General Maximus
11-03-2011, 22:50
is there an access point isolation option anywhere? I have got that option on my router as a security feature where it allows all the devices to connect to the router and get internet, but the devices cannot connect to one another and share files.