PDA

View Full Version : 30M Problem with price please help!

RELZ
08-03-2011, 15:54
Today I received the contract they said they were going to send me. I had bought 30MB with weekend only phone line. On the website it said that this cost £22 for the first 6 months and £31 after that. But on the contract it says it costs £40 for the first 6 months then £50 after that! I AM NOT WILLING TO PAY THIS. have they made a mistake? Please can someone explain this to me!

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Thanks for the replies -_-

Arty-Media
08-03-2011, 15:58
I think they have made a major mistake!

I got my contract through this morning and I am from what you say on the same as you, 30Mb internet & weekend calls only, mine states:

Monthly service charge (during promotional offer) £21.49
Monthly service charge (after promotion offer) £30.74

Also, at the bottom under Other items & charges I have a -£20 there for:

Free 30Mb activation
VM super(ahem)hub
Manned installation charge

Being as its due to be installed in 7 days time, if I did not sign the contract & return it would they still install it for me?

Is suggest you call them up to query your contract, con seems the correct term in your case lol :-)

RELZ
08-03-2011, 16:02
I think they have made a major mistake!

I got my contract through this morning and I am from what you say on the same as you, 30Mb internet & weekend calls only, mine states:

Monthly service charge (during promotional offer) £21.49
Monthly service charge (after promotion offer) £30.74

Also, at the bottom under Other items & charges I have a -£20 there for:

Free 30Mb activation
VM super(ahem)hub

Being as its due to be installed in 7 days time, if I did not sign the contract & return it would they still install it for me?

Is suggest you call them up to query your contract, con seems the correct term in your case lol :-)

Under other items and charges i have £0 with:

Free 30mb activation charge*
Virgin media super hub*
Number port install*

Anything i should know about?

Arty-Media
08-03-2011, 16:05
Erm I'm not 2 sure to be honest, but quite a few people have had problems with the superhub, I'm really hoping Im not 1 of them, but I expect I will, in my long experience of VM, NTL etc nothing has ever gone smoothly for me lol!

When is your install date?

RELZ
08-03-2011, 16:08
Erm I'm not 2 sure to be honest, but quite a few people have had problems with the superhub, I'm really hoping Im not 1 of them, but I expect I will, in my long experience of VM, NTL etc nothing has ever gone smoothly for me lol!

When is your install date?

The 14th March 1:00pm - 6:00pm

pip08456
08-03-2011, 19:16
Ring in, select "thinking of leaving us" option. Tell them you're cancelling the unacce[ptable contract, either go back to what you were on or go elsewhere.

No Brainer, they'll either sort it out or you're no worse off!.