PDA

View Full Version : New build

suzy50
05-03-2011, 19:31
Hi,
I have moved into a new build and was supposed to have taken my wired internet only with me, stipulated don't want wireless (as you can't have virgin tv in them) to be put in bedroom of choice, virgin ok'd it, said I could have it, have been charging me for the last 6 weeks, I have a modem router thing been sent to me, don't know what to do with it, can't get an engineer out as they say they don't come out for that, can't get any sense with cs as they don't seem to have a clue what I'm going on about. Also they now claim I am a new customer locked into an 18mth contract, when I have already been with them for 12months. no phone and no internet. Don't know who to contact.
Aren't all calls recorded to virgin?

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:37
maybe i am missing something but some of what you have said doesnt make sense such as 'as you can't have virgin tv in them', they can send an engineer to setup your modem/router for you if they are hardware that they have supplied. also i highly doubt that they record all calls as when iv been lied to before they have no record of the call & are unable to provide recordings when i have asked for them. as for the 18 month contract i thought that they are 12 month unless something has changed ? when you move house no matter how long you have been with them they class you as a new contract/customer

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:41
As I have stated on many occasions calls are only recorded for quality and training purposes, and each agent may have 2 random calls recorded per month and after listening to them with a quality agent they are discarded, this is out of a total of maybe 2000 plus calls taken that month per agent.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:44
how long do they keep the recordings for then ?

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:51
how long do they keep the recordings for then ?
If you ring in your call is never recorded unless a quality agent is remotely monitoring the call for training purposes and then the agent gets an hour offline in the following few days while the quality agent dissects your call and points out areas for improvement, after which they are deleted.

Also they are not recorded onto the system but onto a special dictaphone device.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:53
oh right thanks for clearing that up mate, much appreciated

suzy50
05-03-2011, 19:53
Sorry to word it wrong but the house I'm in cant have virgin tv as there are no boxes but they said I could keep my internet.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:55
ok mate by boxes do you mean the cable TV receiver or the box at the front of your house where the cable comes up from underground ?

weesteev
05-03-2011, 19:57
Basically your new build property doesn't have cable, your internet will be ADSL and will run through a BT phone line.

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:58
oh right thanks for clearing that up mate, much appreciated
I am glad the question was asked as most people are unaware of what happens with the calls, so you gave me the opportunity to post it again.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:59
Basically your new build property doesn't have cable, your internet will be ADSL and will run through a BT phone line.

thats what i thought they may of meant but they werent very clear hence why iv asked for more details

martyh
05-03-2011, 20:00
Hi,
I have moved into a new build and was supposed to have taken my wired internet only with me, stipulated don't want wireless (as you can't have virgin tv in them) to be put in bedroom of choice, virgin ok'd it, said I could have it, have been charging me for the last 6 weeks, I have a modem router thing been sent to me, don't know what to do with it, can't get an engineer out as they say they don't come out for that, can't get any sense with cs as they don't seem to have a clue what I'm going on about. Also they now claim I am a new customer locked into an 18mth contract, when I have already been with them for 12months. no phone and no internet. Don't know who to contact.
Aren't all calls recorded to virgin?

it is nothing to do with VM if you are wireless or wired that is a choice you make with a router

If you can't recieve tv via VM then you must be a national customer recieving your internet through the BT phone line

A new contract would have been started as you have changed services

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 20:00
I am glad the question was asked as most people are unaware of what happens with the calls, so you gave me the opportunity to post it again.

& so am i as now i understand what the crack is ;)

pip08456
05-03-2011, 20:30
Any chance you could address the OP's problem Masque?

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 20:40
the op's problem has pretty much been answered mate

suzy50
18-03-2011, 11:46
Thanks for your replies ...problem solved. Was wrongly advised...Handy to know people higher up in VM.

weesteev
18-03-2011, 14:11
So was your address cabled or off net as I suspect?