PDA

View Full Version : 30mb

swiftflo
05-03-2011, 12:17
I would like to get 30mb but am not prepared to have the superhub. At the moment I have 20mb and am using a Apple Extreme base unit and standard modem. Can I not get just a modem to update me to 30mb and still keep my Apple Extreme base station ?.

Nopanic
05-03-2011, 12:19
No, superhub is the only option.

denphone
05-03-2011, 12:21
I am on 10mb but want to upgrade to 30mb but am not sure how much more l would exactly have to pay.

RamJet
05-03-2011, 14:32
No, superhub is the only option.

others have said eg that they upgraded to 50Mb before the supahub came along & that works fine

surley if there are so many probs with the suphub you could insist they supply you with a modem/router combo which works at 30Mb/50Mb that works rather than be made to accecpt the sub standard superhub which doesnt seems to work properly

Hugh
05-03-2011, 16:00
Superhub works fine for me - no issues.

Peter_
05-03-2011, 16:01
surley if there are so many probs with the suphub you could insist they supply you with a modem/router combo which works at 30Mb/50Mb that works rather than be made to accecpt the sub standard superhub which doesnt seems to work properly
You could insist but it would have little effect as the Superhub is the only option available.

Nopanic
05-03-2011, 18:04
others have said eg that they upgraded to 50Mb before the supahub came along & that works fine

You could insist but it would have little effect as the Superhub is the only option available.

As above, the support guys can't sent the vmng out.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 18:43

i moved from 20MB to 50MB ages ago & long before the Superhub infact i still dont have one, but i dont really want one either tbh

RamJet
05-03-2011, 19:28

er how can it be the only option when CFers are reporting they upgrades BEFORE the superhab came only

this kit exists - there's probabaly a warehouse full of the stuff

just insist on the modem/router combo which apparently works

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:31
er how can it be the only option when CFers are reporting they upgrades BEFORE the superhab came only

this kit exists - there's probabaly a warehouse full of the stuff

just insist on the modem/router combo which apparently works
The technicians on here will tell the are none available and we have never ever been able to send them out either, so the will be no warehouse with them.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:42
but im using them for example, so does that mean then that if my modem was to fail it'd get replaced with a Superhub ?

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:44
but im using them for example, so does that mean then that if my modem was to fail it'd get replaced with a Superhub ?
Yes as they have nothing else to replace it with.

Also see Nopanic's post above as he works on that side of the business and is rather senior to me.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:58
i really hope that it doesnt fail then as i really dont want a Superhub, but this is the fourth modem iv had since having 50MB so im not holding my breath lol

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:59
i really hope that it doesnt fail then as i really dont want a Superhub, but this is the fourth modem iv had since having 50MB so im not holding my breath lol
I have had my Superhub for 3 weeks now without any issue, plus I also have my original Edimax router attached as an Access Point giving me 2 wireless networks.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 20:15
it might be ok i duno i havent used one but every router that they have supplied me with has been rubbish so iv carried on using my own which has always worked perfectly, the fact that your using your own router tho if making me more hopeful about it as i can still use mine then & its the router on the Superhub which is putting me off

pip08456
05-03-2011, 20:25
When the firmware update is released in May you'll be able to turn off the router on the Hub.

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 20:35
thats great to know thanks mate

swiftflo
06-03-2011, 13:13
Wow what replies.
You see my problem is that I have the Apple base station as I said and this to my mind is an excellent piece of kit which I do not want to give up.
A friend of mine has this kit too and has a modem he got months ago when he updated to 50mb, so I thought if he can have a modem for 50mb why can't the same modem be supplied to me for 30mb.
Which then begs the question - what happens if his modem has a problem, will he also have to have the Superhub. Knowing him I would say not, he would more than likely change ISP.

Peter_
06-03-2011, 13:17
Which then begs the question - what happens if his modem has a problem, will he also have to have the Superhub. Knowing him I would say not, he would more than likely change ISP.
It would be replaced by a Superhub as the is no other option, if he decided to cancel and he was in contract he would also have to pay an Early Disconnection Fee.

jb66
06-03-2011, 15:10
I have to swap Modems with hubs if a fault occurs

Peter_
06-03-2011, 15:14
I have to swap Modems with hubs if a fault occurs
At present we can still do like for like but I wonder for how much longer, and we have never been able to send out VMNG300 modems but we can sends out hubs on a like for like basis.

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2011, 00:31
When the firmware update is released in May you'll be able to turn off the router on the Hub.
If it comes out in May.

Don't forget it's already been delayed from when they said it would originally come out.

Chrysalis
07-03-2011, 09:52
If it comes out in May.

Don't forget it's already been delayed from when they said it would originally come out.

I see they still faffing about on the hub fw update something that seems to have dragged on for months, and thats only a very minor change for xbox NAT issues.

mojoup4it
08-03-2011, 21:18
I have had my Superhub for 3 weeks now without any issue, plus I also have my original Edimax router attached as an Access Point giving me 2 wireless networks.

I have 20mb bb, is this going to be upgraded automatically to 30mb like when we were upgraded from 4mb to 10mb a few years ago. Or is the only way to get 30mb to pay for the upgrade and super hub.
Also i have a netgear router which is situated on 1st floor with modem on ground so that the router can run all pcs on 1st floor via ethernet and all ground floor is wireless, is it possible to connect this router to the super hub like you have to create 2 wireless networks as such so one for each floor, as i thought that 2 routers in tandem was not possible,

Peter_
08-03-2011, 21:32
I have 20mb bb, is this going to be upgraded automatically to 30mb like when we were upgraded from 4mb to 10mb a few years ago. Or is the only way to get 30mb to pay for the upgrade and super hub.
Also i have a netgear router which is situated on 1st floor with modem on ground so that the router can run all pcs on 1st floor via ethernet and all ground floor is wireless, is it possible to connect this router to the super hub like you have to create 2 wireless networks as such so one for each floor, as i thought that 2 routers in tandem was not possible,
To upgrade to 30Mb requires a Superhub so the will be no uplift available for people with standard modems, so call up tomorrow and ask how to to upgrade to 30Mb and also 50Mb as you may get a good deal.

How to connect a 3rd party router here http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/167-how-to-connect-a-router-to-the-virgin-media-super-hub