PDA

View Full Version : Getting 30MB BB, what to expect?

RELZ
02-03-2011, 19:14
Ok so yesterday I ordered the 30mb broadband and phone line package, the installation date is on the 12th March 2011, can anyone tell me what to expect? and if it will fill my needs for online gaming, I have been told with this connection I will be getting host in games like CALL OF DUTY. (My area has had an upload increase) But i have been told that there are problems with the super hub when gaming?

I live in Watford if anyone lives there and has VM how has the experience been for you? Thanks!

Nopanic
02-03-2011, 19:16
It's difficult to say how good your service will be, if it works like it should you'll be fine, maybe a few tweaks of the SH.

RELZ
02-03-2011, 19:35
It's difficult to say how good your service will be, if it works like it should you'll be fine, maybe a few tweaks of the SH.

Ok thanks, most of the complaints i'v heard are from 50mb users and 30mb seems ok plus the upgraded upload speed :D

Draag
02-03-2011, 22:40
Just make sure that if it goes wrong that you reject it before you are tied into your new contract.

The earliest date given resolving the issues is May.

I would be quite happy for them to tweek my 50Mb down to 30Mb.

Just kicking myself that I did not read more about the 50MB - just assumed that Vgn had ironed out any issues. Kicking myself that I was suckered into extending my contract for another year and now £180 to cancel even though the Shub has been playing up since 19th Jan.

zekeisaszekedoes
03-03-2011, 00:14
Expect the Super Hub to be very unreliable and ruin all the potential of your nice new 30Mb connection.

StevenJohnson
03-03-2011, 12:23
Expect the Super Hub to be very unreliable and ruin all the potential of your nice new 30Mb connection.

I have to agree with this, only because my Wireless experience at the moment has not been good. I used to be on 10mb and it seriously feels like I've downgraded...

My fingers are crossed for you!

pengedragon
03-03-2011, 12:57
getting my superhub delivered today for my 'free' upgrade from 20 to 30, getting seriously worried about all these stories - maybe i should just send it back

Wild Oscar
03-03-2011, 13:28
Just kicking myself that I did not read more about the 50MB - just assumed that Vgn had ironed out any issues.

For me the 50mb is just fine , no problems whatsoever! Luckily I upgraded just before the SH came along so that might be why!

RamJet
05-03-2011, 14:27
do you have to have a supahub ?

ie why not ask for a cable modem and a wireless router ?

or is there a speed limit on the modem/router combo ?

Peter_
05-03-2011, 15:59
ie why not ask for a cable modem and a wireless router ?

Little point as that is not an option.

RamJet
05-03-2011, 19:30
Little point as that is not an option.

er why not insist - ask to be put thru to the Supervisior

there is probably a warehouse somewhere full of cable-modems & wireless routers

Peter_
05-03-2011, 19:35
er why not insist - ask to be put thru to the Supervisior
Who will tell you exactly the same thing the are none available, as they do not have magic powers.;)

The same thing would be told to any Retentions agent who came through insisting they want one for you.

there is probably a warehouse somewhere full of cable-modems & wireless routers
Off course that exists as it is where we send out all the replacement modems and routers from, but they have never held any stock of the VMNG300 modem as we have never been able to send one out.:)

the-cable-guy
05-03-2011, 19:47
For me the 50mb is just fine , no problems whatsoever! Luckily I upgraded just before the SH came along so that might be why!

while i dont own a Superhub so i cant comment on how well it works iv had countless problems on 50MB so its not that thats to blame, thankfully all of the problems that iv had are now sorted (touch wood)