PDA

View Full Version : Superhub or Superdud -Help?

robolots
02-03-2011, 17:41
I'm not sure if the problem lies with something I am doing or the Superhub is one of the Superduds?

Basically, got the superhub installed today. Getting around 48mbps on speedtest and turned off firewall and ipflood settings after reading comments on here.
Connected PS3 - fine
Connected Wii - fine
Connected mobile - fine

Then, daughter comes home from school, tries to connect to network, does sort of, but no internet.

I try my trusty old Dell 9100 Laptop that was working 100% before and this doesn't connect either (well no internet anyway). I'm getting the following message "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network virginmedia"
I have also noticed that when I connect using WPA-PSK AES that when I recheck the settings they are on Open or WEP and even after resetting them back it still then reverts back again. On my wireless connection it is also showing a question mark and the message "validating identity".
The IP address also seems to be completely wrong 169.254.35.142 where at least my daughters netbook has found 192.168.0.5

more info:Just tried another computer and it is ok, but laptops still U/S
Help please

robolots
02-03-2011, 22:52
Update, uninstalled Dell software and then reinstalled their updated Wireless utility and now all working on the laptop.

Problem persists on toshiba netbook. finds network, connects, but wont connect to internet.

Mick Fisher
02-03-2011, 23:07
Sounds like your laptops can't find your network.

IIRC I had a little trouble in this area after introducing the superhub. A new network with the same name as mine but with 2 appended to it appeared.

I think I deleted my original network, renamed the new one by just deleting the 2 and then set up the security again to fix it.

Don't rely on the auto channel as it only defaults to the same channel, 12 I think.

Install something like the free InSSider software to see what channels are in the most use in your vicinity then try a setting to give you the strongest signal with the least interference. 11 works well for me.

I also found changing the 802.11 mode in advanced/wireless settings from 300 to up to 145 stopped wireless disconnects/reconnects under heavy loads.