PDA

View Full Version : Long Ethernet Cable

MK1
01-03-2011, 07:12
We didn't get one of these, do we just phone up and ask for one?

Peter_
01-03-2011, 07:26
You only get them with Quickstart kits which include the Superhub.

You do not get one with a manned install.

MK1
01-03-2011, 07:50
Shame that as it would have been really useful.

What is a Quickstart kit, is it for new customers?

Peter_
01-03-2011, 08:00
Shame that as it would have been really useful.

What is a Quickstart kit, is it for new customers?
Well it is normally but customers receiving the Superhub as part of the 30Mb upgrade are receiving it as a Quickstart kit with the Ethernet lead, 3 lengths of coax, a splitter and cable clips all included.

You can get Ethernet cables made to order from Ebay, I bought a 30mtr one for £4.38 inc p&p toconnect my bluray player up downstairs.

MK1
01-03-2011, 08:06
Thanks for that, i'll have a look around for one.

StevenJohnson
01-03-2011, 10:04
Well it is normally but customers receiving the Superhub as part of the 30Mb upgrade are receiving it as a Quickstart kit with the Ethernet lead, 3 lengths of coax, a splitter and cable clips all included.

I upgraded to 30mb and didn't receive any of that stuff?

Plus! the issues I'm having with Wireless at the moment... I didn't even receive 30mb!

:(

Peter_
01-03-2011, 10:05
I upgraded to 30mb and didn't receive any of that stuff?

Plus! the issues I'm having with Wireless at the moment... I didn't even receive 30mb!

:(
It should have been in the box as most people received the same package as the have been questions asked previously asking do they need to use any of it.

StevenJohnson
01-03-2011, 10:08
It should have been in the box as most people received the same package as the have been questions asked previously asking do they need to use any of it.

It's no big deal, was just commenting... :)

I received my second hub last week in a VM box and all it included was the Hub and the power lead. No instructions or anything...

Peter_
01-03-2011, 10:09
It's no big deal, was just commenting... :)

I received my second hub last week in a VM box and all it included was the Hub and the power lead. No instructions or anything...
That was a different package which appear you have been sent twice.;)