PDA

View Full Version : Car FM transmitter.

dragon
28-02-2011, 00:45
Bought a Kensington fm transmitter thing so I could listen to my Mp3 player in the car off ebay recently but it's not very good. The signal seems to weak and often there's a fair bit of static in the background.

Just wondering if I've got a rubbish one or if they're all pretty naff?

Usually I'd just just fit an after-market headunit with aux-in / MP3 playback but in this case I can't as the car isn't mine.

Russ
28-02-2011, 08:27
I have one built in to my phone, even with it about a foot away from the antenna the sound quality isn't the best.

Bulky
28-02-2011, 08:33
we have a belkin one we use at work , batteries dont last too long but other than that its fine.

Graham M
28-02-2011, 10:59
You really need to play with these, how well they work depends on, among other things; how many radio stations are crammed into the fairly small available space in your area, you need to pick a frequency as far away from other stations as possible to avoid static and interference, also, play with the volume settings on your stereo and source device, there's a delicate balance there when you're amplifying an already pre-amped audio source.

dragon
19-03-2011, 23:52
found a post on Amazon reviews on how to put it some kind of debug mode that unlocks

The following extra frequancies

Left preset = 87.5
- Middle preset = 87.7
- Right preset = 87.9

Apparently those channels are not allowed to be used in the US for some reason, presume they're ok in the UK though?

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-LiquidFM-Deluxe-Transmitter-K33424US/product-reviews/B000VD18N4/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending