PDA

View Full Version : Security

Danda
26-02-2011, 19:02
I have just tried to check my account in the V M website and keep getting this notice

There is a problem with this website security service certificate and warning me not to enter - Is the problem my end?

Milambar
26-02-2011, 20:53
Probably someone forgot to renew their SSL certificate. I personally wouldn't enter till its fixed.

Peter_
27-02-2011, 08:27
This happens sometimes with IE and it is a none issue, if you want to access the site click OK and proceed otherwise you will continue to get the message.

Nopanic
27-02-2011, 08:33
Check the date and Time on your PC.

Danda
27-02-2011, 11:34
Thank you very much for your help- It was the date/time causing the problem - I was back to 2002.
Thanks again

Nopanic
27-02-2011, 17:00
:cool:

qasdfdsaq
01-03-2011, 00:49
This happens sometimes with IE and it is a none issue, if you want to access the site click OK and proceed otherwise you will continue to get the message.
Telling someone to bypass one of the most fundamental security features of the internet and ignore security warnings without knowing the cause is very bad advice. Especially coming from someone whose job is to provide supposed tech support for an internet access product.

Thankfully Nopanic's suggestion was right and the user didn't just get his account details and passwords stolen.

The user did the right thing by asking for help.

You did the wrong thing by giving users the impression ignoring security warnings is OK because they're a "none issue".

telfordcable
01-03-2011, 04:00
Had to be careful with virgin media security online!

Peter_
01-03-2011, 06:05
Telling someone to bypass one of the most fundamental security features of the internet and ignore security warnings without knowing the cause is very bad advice. Especially coming from someone whose job is to provide supposed tech support for an internet access product.

Thankfully Nopanic's suggestion was right and the user didn't just get his account details and passwords stolen.

The user did the right thing by asking for help.

You did the wrong thing by giving users the impression ignoring security warnings is OK because they're a "none issue".
Stop being an outright fool.

Stop being an outright fool, you do not like people usurping you stupid advice so continue to try and pick fault even when much of your own advice is as below.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/76.gif

qasdfdsaq
01-03-2011, 12:04
Quit trolling, learn to read, and also while you're at it learn to have a factual debate rather than ignoring the issue and spamming stolen images and put-downs because you have nothing intelligent to say.