PDA

View Full Version : 50 meg runs at 10 for days

hadenough
26-02-2011, 05:53
my 50 meg service as been fine upto the past week, i notice late at night my modem is on 10meg speed. this is not traffic, my actual modem is set at 10 meg, i know this because i aint a noob when it comes to computers.

what explanation does virgin media have for this ?

ive since removed the hub and it still does this, if i unplug the modem for a hour or so then it goes back to 50 speed untill tomorrow night then its back again 10meg, ive tested this on speednet and when it does the upload test it jumps on the last sec from 2.5mb to 4.5mb(strange) but still a 9.6meg down rate

i bought this package with unlimited service.

would you care to explain virgin media ?

if this is not corrected in a few days then i will ring on my mobile phone and have the service downgraded to 10 meg.
funny it is, that we can upgrade online but not downgrade. erm :td:

NOT a happy customer yet again. last time you messed my landline up then charged me, reason i cancled all the services a few years ago. total Incompetence by your staff.

""phone junction box was damaged, no phone for 3 days then i get a differant number and im charged for my old number which someone else had and used like a loony, you then charged me for it and said i could claim it back. i cancelled all services at that time.""

Anyhow that was then and this is now, what is wrong this time with my 50 meg service ?

hadenough

Peter_
26-02-2011, 06:03
Have you actually phoned up on 0800 052 0431 and checked to see if the is an issue.

Ignitionnet
26-02-2011, 08:25
You might want to put those questions to Virgin Media rather than an independent site - try http://community.virginmedia.com

Nopanic
26-02-2011, 09:28
my 50 meg service as been fine upto the past week, i notice late at night my modem is on 10meg speed. this is not traffic, my actual modem is set at 10 meg, i know this because i aint a noob when it comes to computers.

Is the QOS changing on the modem ?

hadenough
26-02-2011, 18:59
thanks for replys chaps, thought i was in the vm forum , loool
ive just joined and posted..

;)