PDA

View Full Version : just go the virgin media super hub with 30mb one haveing problems

craigoneil
25-02-2011, 16:28
hi there im having problems with my hub when i go on to websites im getting page cannot be found but my msn messanger and other things are working

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/6.png

Nopanic
25-02-2011, 17:01
how did you do a speed test ?

craigoneil
25-02-2011, 17:35
a ment to say my internets working but im getting a page can not be displayed on some off the sites i go on

Nopanic
25-02-2011, 17:42
any sites in particular ?

Stephen
25-02-2011, 17:45
Have you disabled the IP flood detection?

love2learn
25-02-2011, 18:16
hi there im having problems with my hub when i go on to websites im getting page cannot be found but my msn messanger and other things are working

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/6.png

Sound like a DNS server issue as website's arent resolving.

Try the following...

(1) Firstly use internet explorer after resetting it. Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> at the bottom click "Reset internet explorer settings to it's default condition"
(2)Open command prompt and flush your DNS. I don't know what operating system you have so I'll give full steps.
Start>Programs or all programs>Accessories>Right click command prompt, select run as administrator. (if this is not available, just open command prompt>Type ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter.
(3) Go back to command prompt. Type Ipconfig/release and hit enter Then reboot the machine and check if it's bringing web pages up.
(4) If it's still not bringing them up, go to the control panel, open either network and sharing centre or network connections. In windows 7 click the drop down menu at the top right and change "View By:" to large icons, this will display network and sharing centre. Once in network and sharing centre, click change adapter settings on the left. Look for local area connection or wireless network connection, depending on what you have... right click this and select properties. Then double click on Internet Protocol TCP/IPv4 and make sure it has obtain an ip address automatically and obtain a dns server address automatically selected. Hit ok and then hit ok again on the internet properties box. Some ISP's mess with these settings and they may need changed.
(5) If this doesn't work, and your on wireless, it might be a wireless issue. In which case enter command prompt again. Type the following command without quotations.... "netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid" this will bring up the list of wireless networks in range (only works on windows 7 and windows vista). Pay attention to the channel numbers they display. If your is the same as any of them, change your channel in the router to a different one. Preferably one that has no-one else on it and no-one else at either side. For example, channel 3 if no ones on 2 or 4.
Failing all that reset your router back to factory defaults by holding in the reset button with a pin on the back for about 60 seconds. If you still have no joy, call virgin media who will either confirm it's their connection or your computer that's the issue if you get a decent rep and not a rubbish one.