PDA

View Full Version : Superhub delivery?

fixerman
24-02-2011, 14:04
Got a text early this morning to say that my Superhub would be delivered this evening between 17.00 and 19.00.

I popped out to the shops at 11.00 and guess what............yes!........they tried to deliver while I was out.
Can they get anything right?:mad:

Peter_
24-02-2011, 14:09
Got a text early this morning to say that my Superhub would be delivered this evening between 17.00 and 19.00.

I popped out to the shops at 11.00 and guess what............yes!........they tried to deliver while I was out.
Can they get anything right?:mad:
That is down to HDNL not Virginmedia as they do not deliver any equipment.

They sent me a text to let me know what time and it did arrive on time plus I also had the delivery number in the text so I could check its progress online.

Here is the tracker http://www.hdnl.co.uk/UPI-Tracking-Details/

Mick Fisher
24-02-2011, 15:16
Hmmm...I got a email Your Installation
We're sending one of our technicians round on 10/02/11 between ALLDAY to install your Virgin Media services. It should only take about two hours to get all the equipment up and running.
The Superhub arrived on the day at about 11.00am by courier.

No text or tracking number for me. :(

Peter_
24-02-2011, 16:01
Hmmm...I got a email
The Superhub arrived on the day at about 11.00am by courier.

No text or tracking number for me. :(
I received a text the night before with a tracking number and it worked on the tracker above, plus a text on the day saying it will be here between 12 and 3pm and it arrived dead on 12.

Did they leave a card to reschedule it.

badboybubby
24-02-2011, 16:50
I got the text to say it would be delivered today between 12 and 3pm

Arrived at 2.30

Well done VM

Shame the super hub wouldn't work on the auto channel setting!

Mick Fisher
24-02-2011, 17:08
I received a text the night before with a tracking number and it worked on the tracker above, plus a text on the day saying it will be here between 12 and 3pm and it arrived dead on 12.

Not necessary as it was on the correct day and I was at home to recieve it.

I ordered on line. Is that the difference?

Peter_
24-02-2011, 17:10
Not necessary as it was on the correct day and I was at home to recieve it.

I ordered on line. Is that the difference?
It should still have arrived at the time specified and HDNL are the ones to blame specifically the driver.

Chrysalis
24-02-2011, 17:13

staff only service?

no text here with such details, not even in email or told to me on phone either.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 17:17
staff only service?

no text here with such details, not even in email or told to me on phone either.
No it was from HDNL with a tracking number which everyone should receive, Mick above did receive a text telling him that his delivery was this evening.

I am a customer in HDNL's eyes nothing more and they used my registered mobile number to text me which should be taken by the agent at point of sale or contact.

Also if it was a staff only service I could not have mentioned it.;)

Mick Fisher
24-02-2011, 17:18
:)

Not to worry.

At the time I was pleased to receive it.

So no complaints, just wondered about the variance of procedure.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 17:20
:)

Not to worry.

At the time I was pleased to receive it.

So no complaints, just wondered about the variance of procedure.
No idea as I said above it can only be the driver who ignored the instructions.

Did you get the hub or have you rescheduled it.

love2learn
24-02-2011, 17:59
That is down to HDNL not Virginmedia as they do not deliver any equipment.

They sent me a text to let me know what time and it did arrive on time plus I also had the delivery number in the text so I could check its progress online.

Here is the tracker http://www.hdnl.co.uk/UPI-Tracking-Details/

Virgin Media are the clients of the courier company. Although Virgin Media don't deliver the equipment, they specify Service Level Agreements with the courier before signing the contract to give the courier their business. If the courier isn't doing what it's supposed to do then Virgin Media are responsible as the courier companies paying customer for sorting out the issue, so the problems get fixed for their customers in turn.
If it was me, I'd phone Virgin Media and raise a complaint. And hopefully after so many complaints from other customers they would eventually give constructive feedback to the courier to move forward. If a company promises me something and doesn't deliver on that promise I always complain, otherwise how can they fix it. I'd rather have under promise and over deliver.
Rant over nothing to do with you m8, just raging against the machine again ;-)

Taf
24-02-2011, 18:08
Mine arrived 2 days early.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 18:54
Virgin Media are the clients of the courier company. Although Virgin Media don't deliver the equipment, they specify Service Level Agreements with the courier before signing the contract to give the courier their business. If the courier isn't doing what it's supposed to do then Virgin Media are responsible as the courier companies paying customer for sorting out the issue, so the problems get fixed for their customers in turn.
If it was me, I'd phone Virgin Media and raise a complaint. And hopefully after so many complaints from other customers they would eventually give constructive feedback to the courier to move forward. If a company promises me something and doesn't deliver on that promise I always complain, otherwise how can they fix it. I'd rather have under promise and over deliver.
Rant over nothing to do with you m8, just raging against the machine again ;-)
It was HDNL that failed because they specified the time not Virginmedia so I would complain directly to HDNL by phone as that is all we would do as that is the process as we have no internal system to raise a complaint to them, so it is much quicker for you to do it instead.

Which cuts out us the middle man as you get through in exactly the same way as we would on the same number.

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 19:23
Another ignorant post from a VM staff member. Rant mode on.

This attitude is appaling. You're saying VM have no way to deal with bad courier performance, and in essence couldn't care less if they delivered what you're paying them for or not - it is entirely up to your customers, who have no power at all, to make complaints and keep their service in check. This is wrong on a number of levels, not least on the level of service direct to your own customers.

For one, most courier companies will not accept complaints from the recipient of a package as it has to be the sender - in this case VM - that initiates complaints, as the sender is the customer of the delivery company. It is VM that is not getting the service they are paying for, but you seem to have stated above you have no way to complain and really don't care.

Secondly the end-user recipient should always complain to the company they are requesting service from - i.e. VM - not the courier company direct as they have no control over it. In general retail terms, it is the retailer, or reseller that is responsible for problems, not the manufacturer.

If you get bad produce from the supermarket, you complain to the supermarket, not the farm they sourced their produce from. It is the supermarket's job to do this.
If your VM internet goes down due to a fibre break, you complain to VM, not the company VM is leasing the fibre from.
If you get a power cut due to cabling failure, you complain to your electricity supplier not the company who laid the cables.
And if you buy something from a distance seller and it isn't delivered, you complain to the seller not the delivery company. It's the seller's job to refund you and then claim it back from the courier, not yours.

It is always the job of the company you are dealing with to sort out their business with the company they are dealing with.

Just because call centre agents cannot be bothered doesn't mean there isn't a procedure for it. And even if there really isn't, just because there is no procedure to deal with a particular problem does not mean it should be ignored or passed onto the customer ignorantly.

There should always be a process for problems for which there is no separate process, even if you're not aware of it. Saying it was them that failed not us does not cut it.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 19:30

This attitude is appaling. You're saying VM have no way to deal with bad courier performance, and in essence couldn't care less if they delivered what you're paying them for or not - it is entirely up to your customers, who have no power at all, to make complaints and keep their service in check. This is wrong on a number of levels, not least on the level of service direct to your own customers.

For one, most courier companies will not accept complaints from the recipient of a package as it has to be the sender - in this case VM - that initiates complaints, as the sender is the customer of the delivery company. It is VM that is not getting the service they are paying for, but you seem to have stated above you have no way to complain and really don't care.

Secondly the end-user recipient should always complain to the company they are requesting service from - i.e. VM - not the courier company direct as they have no control over it. In general retail terms, it is the retailer, or reseller that is responsible for problems, not the manufacturer.

If you get bad produce from the supermarket, you complain to the supermarket, not the farm they sourced their produce from. It is the supermarket's job to do this.
If your VM internet goes down due to a fibre break, you complain to VM, not the company VM is leasing the fibre from.
If you get a power cut due to cabling failure, you complain to your electricity supplier not the company who laid the cables.
And if you buy something from a distance seller and it isn't delivered, you complain to the seller not the delivery company. It's the seller's job to refund you and then claim it back from the courier, not yours.

It is always the job of the company you are dealing with to sort out their business with the company they are dealing with.

Just because call centre agents cannot be bothered doesn't mean there isn't a procedure for it. And even if there really isn't, just because there is no procedure to deal with a particular problem does not mean it should be ignored or passed onto the customer ignorantly.

There should always be a process for problems for which there is no separate process, even if you're not aware of it. Saying it was them that failed not us does not cut it.
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04234.gif
All we would do is call HDNL on your behalf if you called us as the is no other process for us to use.

So good old boy Ranter for once in your life get of your very high horse and stop insulting people as that is all you are really good for as otherwise you once again add nothing to a thread bar your ignorance.

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 19:56
Calling HDNL on our behalf is exactly what you should be doing as it's VM's job as a company to do so. Ignoring this responsibility makes you the perfect example of bad customer service, and it's the same ignorant attitude and bad service that have given other companies doing the same thing bad reputations over time.

I could probably tell you the exact same thing, get off your high horse - "it's their fault not ours so we can't be bothered" - you're the one resorting to insults here instead of addressing a completely factual statement with any sort of reason. But then again that's par for the course for you, seems like every time you can't cope with an intellectual debate you resort to personal insults.

The fact is it's your ignorance derogating the thread, because once again you're giving the customer incorrect information simply because you cannot be bothered or have no process for resolving their issue. It's exactly reps with your kind of attitude that mean almost every phone call of mine to VM ends up having to be resolved by customer relations. And yet somehow they seem perfectly capable of handling complaints and problems for which there is no process.

HDNL have been hired by VM, HDNL have failed, it is VM's duty to the customer both out of courtesy and under law to handle the complaint on their behalf.

Hugh
24-02-2011, 19:58
Once again, we are getting personal - both of you calm down.

chris123
24-02-2011, 20:00
surely responsibilty for delivery stands with both the courier company and VM.the courier company should be contacted by VM and told to "pull their socks up",and provide the service VM are paying for!

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 20:02
surely responsibilty for delivery stands with both the courier company and VM.the courier company should be contacted by VM and told to "pull their socks up",and provide the service VM are paying for!
Correct, this is exactly what I was trying to say.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 20:08
Calling HDNL on our behalf is exactly what you should be doing as it's VM's job as a company to do so. Ignoring this responsibility makes you the perfect example of bad customer service, and it's the same ignorant attitude and bad service that have given other companies doing the same thing bad reputations over time.

I could probably tell you the exact same thing, get off your high horse - "it's their fault not ours so we can't be bothered" - you're the one resorting to insults here instead of addressing a completely factual statement with any sort of reason. But then again that's par for the course for you, seems like every time you can't cope with an intellectual debate you resort to personal insults.

The fact is it's your ignorance derogating the thread, because once again you're giving the customer incorrect information simply because you cannot be bothered or have no process for resolving their issue.
Oh now you work for Virginmedia and know what processes are involved, no you do not so read the below..

We can call them on your behalf but we would then just transfer you to them as that is how they work and then they would take note of your complaint and reschedule the delivery if it had not been delivered.

Or you could just get the number of their website and call them yourself making a much shorter call as you would not be in a queue waiting for us to answer and then transfer you.

We have no direct dealings with HDNL as all our stock is held by Kuene and Nagel who deliver it to their depots, all we have is a tracking number listed on the customers account which puts HDNL even further down the supply chain.

If you feel that we need to have another process in place then complain to head office as that is all we are able to do above.

As I also stated above when I ordered mine the night before I received a text from HDNL telling me it was at the depot and a tracking number which I used to track it, they also sent a 2nd text on the day informiing me of the proposed delivery time, this is the delivery company taking ownership as it is in their hands now.

Even if I spoke to HDNL all they would ask is when do you want the goods delivering nothing more except maybe advising what the drivers reasons where for the missed delivery.

fixerman
24-02-2011, 20:14
Gawd! What have I started? I'm sorry for all concerned that have got involved in this row! I didn't ever think it would be so controversial.

The good news is that after a quick phone call the Superhub arrived and is now installed and is connecting to all except one stubborn Windows7 PC which is on a homeplug.

So far so good, I have no complaints. The speed is as intended, a full 30MB.

Happy Days!:cleader:

Peter_
24-02-2011, 20:16
Gawd! What have I started? I'm sorry for all concerned that have got involved in this row! I didn't ever think it would be so controversial.

The good news is that after a quick phone call the Superhub arrived and is now installed and is connecting to all except one stubborn Windows7 PC which is on a homeplug.

So far so good, I have no complaints. The speed is as intended, a full 30MB.

Happy Days!:cleader:

Who did you ring HDNL or Virginmedia.:)

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 20:25
If you say you have no direct dealings and everything is dealt with by Kuene an Nagel, then it is K&N you should be passing the complaint onto, who will further deal with HDNL as necessary. This is exactly why it's VM's job to handle the complaint and not the customer's. The customer has no idea who or where does exactly what, and nor should they, it is entirely VM's processes and decisions that have failed to provide a satisfactory service. Again, both as a courtesy to the customer, and by law as the supplier, it is VM whose job it is to handle the complaint and deal with whatever outsourced or subcontracted company they use themselves, not the customer's.

I know some departments in VM have plenty of leeway to deal with problems that are not "in the book" as I have seen it happen. Complaining to the head office has often been done by customers who haven't had their issue resolved satisfactorily by the call-centre and often it's their only choice. Yet I don't know of any customer service frameworks which consider the neccessity of a complaint to head office for routine problems to be in any shape or form acceptable service.

Phoning them and telling them to reschedule will accomplish nothing relating to the complaint as they will just treat it as another "customer not in for delivery" scenario. Complaints about failure to adhere to service standards need to be submitted by the direct customer - whether that's VM or K&N it is *not* VM's customer.

It doesn't matter whatsoever if *you* can do anything about it, you're in no position of power to make decisions about courier contracts or service levels. But those that are should have the complaints forwarded onto them so they can do something about it. Again you seem to be tacitly aware of the existence of B2B contracts for subcontracting and provision yet seem to conveniently ignore them when it suits. HDNL don't deliver for VM because they are feeling generous, they do it because they have a business contract in place and are being paid money to deliver a service, to a particular standard, which is apparently not satisfactory to the customer.

Again, simply because *you* personally cannot do anything about it in your role does not mean nobody else in VM can, and you should not tell the customer to deal with it themselves because that means the complaint never gets handled properly or reaches the people who actually have the responsibility for these things. Again this goes back to the attitude of "if I can't do it nobody can" or "Not my job, go complain to someone else". In most frameworks on customer service, customers should not have to go somewhere else to make a routine complaint, it should be handled by the service desk.

And again, this is not personally directed at you. It is not you who has failed to put in the correct procedures or processes, it's VM as a whole. If your call centre has been instructed that VM have no way to deal with these complaints, it's VM that is failing at their duties here not you. Please don't take it so personally.

Milambar
24-02-2011, 20:49
Sorry, but I am going to have to agree with qasdfdsaq here. On all levels.

The contract the customer holds is with VirginMedia and not HDNL.

It is VirginMedia that holds the contract with HDNL. Therefore failed deliveries/incorrect deliveries/etc ARE VirginMedia's responsibility, NOT the customers, and as such, it is VirginMedia who should be dealing with them. NOT telling the customer to take it up with HDNL.

If VirginMedia has no process for these issues, it needs to create one, and take ownership of the problem, and not pass the buck.

Mick Fisher
24-02-2011, 21:04
No idea as I said above it can only be the driver who ignored the instructions.

Did you get the hub or have you rescheduled it.
No I got it.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

It would seem both Courier's employees and Parcel Farce operatives sometimes appear to take no notice of the delivery arrangements even if they are printed on the package. Maybe this is for reasons outside their control or maybe just a plain old fashioned mistake.

I doubt that any amount of complaining whether it be by VM or the package recipient will make any difference.

The weakest link in any distance transaction has always been the carrier. I don't see this fact changing anytime.

Luckily Courier service is absolutely streets ahead of Royal Mail/Parcel Farce in my experience.

Peter_
24-02-2011, 21:43
Sorry, but I am going to have to agree with qasdfdsaq here. On all levels.

The contract the customer holds is with VirginMedia and not HDNL.

It is VirginMedia that holds the contract with HDNL. Therefore failed deliveries/incorrect deliveries/etc ARE VirginMedia's responsibility, NOT the customers, and as such, it is VirginMedia who should be dealing with them. NOT telling the customer to take it up with HDNL.

If VirginMedia has no process for these issues, it needs to create one, and take ownership of the problem, and not pass the buck.
The only ownership we could take is to transfer you to HDNL as the delivery is out of our hands and apart from ordering we have no further input.

I have only ever taken ONE call over a delivery in the last 6 months and we have a process in place that requires us to contact HDNL and all they did was take the call and sorted it with the customer, that is why it is advised to call them direct as that is all that will happen and it saves queuing to speak to an agent then being transferred to them, it also advises you on their website to call them.

That is the process and the is nothing else we can do about the delivery.

The only time we do anything is if the item has not been ordered and we would re order it but that has nothing to do with this issue.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

No I got it.

Good to hear, I would not have been able to pick mine up as the depot is in Preston 30 miles away.

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 21:44
Personally I prefer Royal Fail myself, since their depot is two streets away from me, easier to get to when you don't have a car than the rest, e.g. DHL (3 miles), Parcel Farce (3 miles) or CityLink (10 miles). That said, while many courier companies are often crap, a few of them have made massive improvements in their service and introduced proper complaint handling procedures after some large(r) business customers complained on behalf of their users.

Bulky
24-02-2011, 21:56
I couldn't have been happier with hdnl , I left a note on my door asking them to ring my mobile as I worked about ten minutes away (a long time for a courier) , he rang and waited for me so I gave him a tip for his trouble :)

savvychels
24-02-2011, 22:03
staff only service?

Nope - I'm not staff and I had my hub delivered by HDNL with a text the night before to say it would be arriving the next day and a 2nd text the next morning to advise times.

Bulky
24-02-2011, 22:06
Nope - I'm not staff and I had my hub delivered by HDNL with a text the night before to say it would be arriving the next day and a 2nd text the next morning to advise times.

Nope I'm not staff either , text the night before , text in the morning telling me the time scale :)

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 22:23
I couldn't have been happier with hdnl , I left a note on my door asking them to ring my mobile as I worked about ten minutes away (a long time for a courier) , he rang and waited for me so I gave him a tip for his trouble :)
Good on you, he certainly deserved it.

It looks like HDNL delivery drivers may be self-employed or franchised, and aren't supplied with a company mobile - so he will have rung you using his personal mobile.

In any case I find a lot of these franchises and self-employed couriers are the ones that vary the most in terms of quality - as services in different regions are operated by different people or different companies entirely quality control is far from consistent. Unfortunately the bad areas only ever "pull their socks up" and improve when complains come in from big company management - i.e. VM.

greyposter
24-02-2011, 22:26
I'm on 50mg but didn't get a Superhub,just an ordinary router/modem.I would love to have wireless,so I could use laptop down stairs !

qasdfdsaq
24-02-2011, 23:00
The VM supplied router for 50mb *does* have wireless.

Chrysalis
25-02-2011, 02:59

correct.

VM customer contract is with VM, not the courier.

courier contract is with the sender which is VM in this case.

so complaints work by customer complaining to VM then VM complaining to courier.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 06:13
correct.

VM customer contract is with VM, not the courier.

courier contract is with the sender which is VM in this case.

so complaints work by customer complaining to VM then VM complaining to courier.
Try reading my posts above it may help.:erm:

We can do nothing regards a missed delivery which is all this thread is about nothing more and you ring HDNL or go on there website to reschedule delivery, it does actually state this on the card in plain English and HDNL is not the only courier service to do this, but if you call Virginmedia and wait in a queue get through to an agent tell them what has happened all that will happen is that they call HDNL and put you through to reschedule the delivery, now is it really hard to understand that.

Now a delivery going missing and not arriving in the 10 working days window is rather different as all we do is re order the item, this would not include a Superhub on an upgrade as you would be transferred to Customer Services as the hub is not on your account at this point is therefore not a technical issue.

I love the way people try to make a mountain out of a molehill, when you get a missed delivery by Royal Mail they put a card through your letter box advising you to pick it up the next day from either a post office or the depot, do you ring or email the sender to complain, no you do as advised this is no different because the sender has no involvement in the delivery.

Chrysalis
25-02-2011, 07:27
customer can ring direct to rearrange yes, but I am talking about if wanting to make complaint.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 08:06
customer can ring direct to rearrange yes, but I am talking about if wanting to make complaint.
That is not the subject of this thread and again it would depend on the complaint, if as above the modem/cable/router had failed to arrive in 10 working days then we would just send another one.

As for a complaint possibly over the item not arriving again a call to HDNL would be in order as they have all the details and even the drivers number to check what happened.

Also if the had been an attitude issue with the driver we would transfer you to give a full account of the issue as we have no way to report anything like that to HDNL, but they would take notice of your complaint though.

As I have said above all we have is a number to call nothing more.

love2learn
25-02-2011, 17:03
It was HDNL that failed because they specified the time not Virginmedia so I would complain directly to HDNL by phone as that is all we would do as that is the process as we have no internal system to raise a complaint to them, so it is much quicker for you to do it instead.

Which cuts out us the middle man as you get through in exactly the same way as we would on the same number.

This makes no logical sense in the slightest. The Virgin Media customer does not pay the courier company to deliver the parcel. Virgin Media does. The customer receiving the parcel has no weight behind their complaint at all. The reason for this is simple... They have no power over the courier company’s contract with Virgin Media, therefore there’s no consequence in failure to fix their short comings
If there's no direct way to raise internal complaints on the system with the courier, then you should be thinking outside the box and using the brain you were born with. I don't believe for a single second that a company the size of Virgin Media doesn't have some way of giving feedback to improve the customer journey from the moment the customer places the order or request with Virgin Media to the point where they have a working product. Every single company I've worked for including O2 (another telecommunications company) has had a way to put suggestions for improvement forward internally to the decision makers of the business. I think it makes logical sense that if the decision makers within Virgin Media were consistently getting negative feedback about an aspect of the business that's failing customers then they would deal directly with the courier in order to fix the issue. And if you are going to say this doesn't exist, then in my opinion you should put forward the suggestion to someone at a higher level. You'd probably score yourself some points for going above and beyond your normal duties and help your profile within the organisation.
To give an example, O2 has a system called "My Contribution", it's used directly to give feedback on the performance of individuals within the organisation, in addition to this it is used to highlight problems noticed by staff on the front line to people who can actually change processes and liaise with 3rd party companies contracted to O2. I.E a courier company. If Virgin doesn't have something like this, then why not raise the matter with someone you believe could either make it happen or pass the idea on to someone who could. Even a suggestion box would be better than nothing. But to simply say the Virgin Media customer should call and complain about it is ridiculous and will affect the customers experience and perception of Virgin Media as a whole.
And this is coming from a senior manager in an off shore call centre that has 300+ people lining into them ;-)

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Try reading my posts above it may help.:erm:

We can do nothing regards a missed delivery which is all this thread is about nothing more and you ring HDNL or go on there website to reschedule delivery, it does actually state this on the card in plain English and HDNL is not the only courier service to do this, but if you call Virginmedia and wait in a queue get through to an agent tell them what has happened all that will happen is that they call HDNL and put you through to reschedule the delivery, now is it really hard to understand that.

Now a delivery going missing and not arriving in the 10 working days window is rather different as all we do is re order the item, this would not include a Superhub on an upgrade as you would be transferred to Customer Services as the hub is not on your account at this point is therefore not a technical issue.

I love the way people try to make a mountain out of a molehill, when you get a missed delivery by Royal Mail they put a card through your letter box advising you to pick it up the next day from either a post office or the depot, do you ring or email the sender to complain, no you do as advised this is no different because the sender has no involvement in the delivery.

No! Yet again you are actually missing the point. The thread was about a missed delivery; yes you are right on that part. But there's more detail than that, which is another reason why the other board member perceives your reply as ignorant. The person who started the thread was angry that the courier company promised to deliver within a set time, but turned up and tried to deliver nowhere near the time they had advised. That's failing to deliver on a promise, which disappoints customers. Especially as they are probably waiting on a router that will aid them in transforming their internet speeds to a much higher level. People get excited about Virgins Fibre product getting faster and can't wait to try it. Only for the courier to turn up at a different time from what they had advised and for them to most likely have to wait till the next day to get the router.
Virgin Media should be fixing the problem, not the customer of Virgin Media. You will struggle to find people who agree with your point of view here.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 17:19
This makes no logical sense in the slightest. The Virgin Media customer does not pay the courier company to deliver the parcel. Virgin Media does. The customer receiving the parcel has no weight behind their complaint at all.
The is no process in place other than outlined and I have had one call in around 9 months which was a complaint about not receiving the modem that was sent, I rang HDNL and they took the call.

As I said above if you are expecting a parcel from someone and Royal mail leave a card advising you that they failed to deliver and to pick it up tomorrow from their depot, you do not call the sender to complain you go to the depot.

Remember this thread is not about complaining but about the driver not delivering at the specified time, how can Virginmedia be responsible for that as we are not the courier, do read what this thread is about first.

Even when we used to use DHL virtually no calls came through over deliveries because the delivery was a success in virtually every case.

Also if an item fails to be delivered within 10 working days we resend it which is the same policy as the likes of Amazon use and somehow or other I think they send a few more parcels than we do.;)

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

The person who started the thread was angry that the courier company promised to deliver within a set time, but turned up and tried to deliver nowhere near the time they had advised. That's failing to deliver on a promise, which disappoints customers. Especially as they are probably waiting on a router that will aid them in transforming their internet speeds to a much higher level. People get excited about Virgins Fibre product getting faster and can't wait to try it. Only for the courier to turn up at a different time from what they had advised and for them to most likely have to wait till the next day to get the router.

That is not a promise that Virginmedia but the courier company and quite obviously we do not tell them what time to deliver the item but they text the customer to let them know the time not us.

So would you blame us not HDNL the courier for failing to deliver a parcel at the time they specified which is beyond our control or have you failed to realise that point, get real.

fixerman
25-02-2011, 17:29
I cannot believe this is still running and has become so acrimonious.

There really is no issue. I made one call to VM and the courier called back with the Superhub. He apologised and explained that he took a chance that I might have been at home but he always intended coming back at the previously notified time.

Now can we please put this to bed and get on with the threads that really matter.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 17:34

There really is no issue. I made one call to VM and the courier called back with the Superhub. He apologised and explained that he took a chance that I might have been at home but he always intended coming back at the previously notified time.

Now can we please put this to bed and get on with the threads that really matter.
The really is no issue apart from people wanting it to be an issue.

I know how I can solve it though, next time I order a modem I will go to the Midlands pick it up personally in doing so "I will be taking ownership" and I will deliver it personally to the customer, yeah right get real.:D

love2learn
25-02-2011, 17:39
The is no process in place other than outlined and I have had one call in around 9 months which was a complaint about not receiving the modem that was sent, I rang HDNL and they took the call.

As I said above if you are expecting a parcel from someone and Royal mail leave a card advising you that they failed to deliver and to pick it up tomorrow from their depot, you do not call the sender to complain you go to the depot.

Remember this thread is not about complaining but about the driver not delivering at the specified time, how can Virginmedia be responsible for that as we are not the courier, do read what this thread is about first.

Even when we used to use DHL virtually no calls came through over deliveries because the delivery was a success in virtually every case.

Also if an item fails to be delivered within 10 working days we resend it which is the same policy as the likes of Amazon use and somehow or other I think they send a few more parcels than we do.;)

Again another ignorant reply... You are one Customer Service Representative in an organisation of approximately how many? Liverpool, Be Cogent in Scotland and the Indian centre in Hyderabad are just the 3 centre's I know about. So since you've only taken one call, then there must be hardly any people complaining is your insinuation. Don't insult our intelligence. And to be honest, I don't even believe you've only taken one call about this particular issue in the last 9 months. I've lost count on the amount of calls I monitored from CSR's who have had issues with couriers when working with O2. More than once on the same advisors calls, and more than once in the same month. And that's using two separate courier companies, both DHL and DPD. And it was "Always" O2's responsibility to complain about something going wrong with the courier as the courier is contracted to O2. Again I will point out to you that the person who created the thread is not simply annoyed at a missed delivery, they are annoyed that they received a txt stating it would be delivered at a certain time, they went out and when they came back there was a missed delivery as the driver had come at a completely different time from what was advised in the txt.
In conclusion, just wait and see what happens when BT has to eventually open their FTTC - Fibre to the Cabinet and in the future FTTH - Fibre to the Home service to competitors. Just like they had to do with their exchanges with the LLU - Local Loop Unbundling act. All of a sudden Virgin Media will have loads of competitors on the market able to offer TV and Broadband over fibre, not to mention Sky who has an excellent TV offering already. If Virgin Media don't get their act together with customer service they will lose a massive percentage of their customer base to competitors. And thousands of CSR's such as you will be in looking for jobs as Virgin Media will be cutting jobs to cut costs. Anyway, I felt the need to point that out... as your spending more time defending your comments than actually sitting back and thinking "Hey, Virgin customers are disagreeing with my comments"... maybe as a customer that means they may move elsewhere if something doesn't change. But I suspect from your comments you just turn up to the Virgin Media call centre to get a wage and couldn't care less about your level of service till the team leader performance manages you. You’re probably enjoying arguing with customers when you don't normally get away with it in your actual job.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Yes I think we can put it to bed depending on the comments of the Virgin Media staff member, I would be happy to. It might be better if a moderator closed the thread. Because I think I'll need to agree to disagree with the VM staff member.
But one thing I will say, the point has been proven. "You made one phone call to Virgin Media"... not the courier. Enough said ;-)
And sorry for annoying you m8. I just get my back up with the general attitude of Virgin Media customer service. In my experience I only occasionally get a fully trained member of staff with a good attitude that goes out their way to help me. It's hit and miss.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 17:45
Don't insult our intelligence. And to be honest, I don't even believe you've only taken one call about this particular issue in the last 9 months.

We are not O2 and our parcels tend to arrive, a phone is more likely to go astray, as stated we have no means to complain to our couriers apart from their phone number.

Yes I think we can put it to bed depending on the comments of the Virgin Media staff member, I would be happy to. It might be better if a moderator closed the thread. Because I think I'll need to agree to disagree with the VM staff member.

You can disagree with who you like but that does not change a thing

And sorry for annoying you m8. I just get my back up with the general attitude of Virgin Media customer service. In my experience I only occasionally get a fully trained member of staff with a good attitude that goes out their way to help me. It's hit and miss.
The issue here is that you think I am lying so oddly I dislike your attitude but considering where you are based that is of no surprise.

love2learn
25-02-2011, 17:47

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

That is not a promise that Virginmedia but the courier company and quite obviously we do not tell them what time to deliver the item but they text the customer to let them know the time not us.

So would you blame us not HDNL the courier for failing to deliver a parcel at the time they specified which is beyond our control or have you failed to realise that point, get real.

When I ordered my SuperHub, I was given a time slot of between 8am - 12 Noon and told the day it would be delivered by Virgin Media. So I disagree again, Virgin Media do tell the customer when they should expect the router. And the guy came in AM, not PM like the txt advised.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

We are not O2 and our parcels tend to arrive, a phone is more likely to go astray, as stated we have no means to complain to our couriers apart from their phone number.

You can disagree with who you like but that does not change a thing

The issue here is that you think I am lying so oddly I dislike your attitude but considering where you are based that is of no surprise.

I had no dealing with phones in O2, I worked in broadband tech. And now you're attempting in-direct racism as you know I am based in Indian. I am not Indian, not born to Indian parents I was born in the UK. I wondered how long it would be before you attitude shined in it's full glory. If I was your manager, you'd be managed out the door. I wonder if that's already happening in Virgin Media now? :-)

Peter_
25-02-2011, 17:57
When I ordered my SuperHub, I was given a time slot of between 8am - 12 Noon and told the day it would be delivered by Virgin Media. So I disagree again, Virgin Media do tell the customer when they should expect the router. And the guy came in AM, not PM like the txt advised.

If I send anything I tell you it will be delivered by HDNL/YODEL as they are the courier service anyone telling you any different is giving you incorrect information,

I had the Superhub delivered and I received a text from HDNL with a tracking number which I used on their website to track my parcel, on the day of delivery I received another text from HDNL informing me of the timescale, this was from the courier firm not Virginmedia who have nothing to do with the delivery.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

And now you're attempting in-direct racism as you know I am based in Indian. I am not Indian, not born to Indian parents I was born in the UK. I wondered how long it would be before you attitude shined in it's full glory. If I was your manager, you'd be managed out the door. I wonder if that's already happening in Virgin Media now? :-)
No the issue is your attitude nothing more in your posts above with your holier than thou preaching about something you have absolutely no idea about.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/11/13.gif

love2learn
25-02-2011, 17:58
If I send anything I tell you it will be delivered by HDNL/YODEL as they are the courier service anyone telling you any different is giving you incorrect information,

I had the Superhub delivered and I received a text from HDNL with a tracking number which I used on their website to track my parcel, on the day of delivery I received another text from HDNL informing me of the timescale, this was from the courier firm not Virginmedia who have nothing to do with the delivery.

If Virgin Media have nothing to do with the delivery. Then who pays the courier company who delivers Virgin Media's parcel to Virgin Media's customer? And how do the courier company know their is a parcel to be picked up and delivered to the Virgin Media customer within a set Service Leval Agreement if Virgin Media has had nothing to do with the delivery? Who decides to change their contract with the courier company and go to another courier if an unacceptable amount of failed delivery's are logged?

Peter_
25-02-2011, 18:00
If Virgin Media have nothing to do with the delivery. Then who pays the courier company who delivers Virgin Media's parcel to Virgin Media's customer? And how do the courier company know their is a parcel to be picked up and delivered to the Virgin Media customer within a set Service Leval Agreement if Virgin Media has had nothing to do with the delivery? Who decides to change their contract with the courier company and go to another courier is an unacceptable amount of failed delivery's are logged?
Because if you read further back up the thread all stock is held by Kuene and Nagel who order pick the items and deliver to HDNL/YODEL's central Hub for delivery to their depots, apart from keying the order it is out of our hands.

love2learn
25-02-2011, 18:01

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

No the issue is your attitude nothing more in your posts above with your holier than thou preaching about something you have absolutely no idea about.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/11/13.gif

I will agree to disagree with you. I am waisting my time. I as one individual customer will leave Virgin Media in a heart beat if things don't change and a competitors product of the same or similar calibur is available. I know you probably don't care, but you will if many others decide to do the same and Virgin Media suddenly have a surplus of low quality CSR's.

Peter_
25-02-2011, 18:07
I will agree to disagree with you. I am waisting my time. I as one individual customer will leave Virgin Media in a heart beat if things don't change and a competitors product of the same or similar calibur is available. I know you probably don't care, but you will if many others decide to do the same and Virgin Media suddenly have a surplus of low quality CSR's.
You probably think otherwise but I like and enjoy my job and will go the extra mile with someone to try and resolve their issue because that is who I am, why do you think I come on here in my own time.

The above is a none issue because it is very rare anything goes wrong with the system and why we have no direct dealings with the courier company, if the were major problems I fully expect that we would very quickly have a dedicated team on the case sorting it out.

You can choose to believe or think otherwise but most deliveries arrive when expected which is another reason I will arrange to callback a customer the day after the expected delivery of a replacement router to go through setup with them.

janipewter
26-02-2011, 14:53
It looks like HDNL delivery drivers may be self-employed or franchised, and aren't supplied with a company mobile

Correct.

Draag
26-02-2011, 22:12
Virgin claim no responsibility for their contract with HDNL when it suits them.

There is a petition to Amazon to stop them using HDNL.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/deals/forum?cdThread=Tx1A9GFNUAIDZ

I received a text message from HDNL stating they would deliver Tuesday afternoon and duly waited in.

Nothing. So phoned a Virgin Colonial Cousin in the sub-continent on the Wednsesday to be told I should sort out Virgin's delivery problems. Was told that they had tried to deliver and that a card had been left. Was told they could deliver any other day. Asked for Saturday - cannot deliver on a Saturday! Order cancelled. So onto disconnections, they could not intervene in the Virgin contract (although the delivery had by then been cancelled so how did that work?) so asked which part of the DPA they were concerned about. Was then told because I had accepted the StupidHub since 12 Jan and even although it had never worked properly I would be penalised if I no longer wanted it and that I could not have my previously working 20Mb modem back again. Having been given the link to the parcel I looked the refereence up on the HDNL site and noticed the parcel was not at my local depot. Phoning Virgin back again I was told the parcel had been cancelled and that was an end to the matter.

The new Stupidhub was duly delivered on a Saturday!
Unfortunately it was delivered to my parents who are in their 90s and live some 400 miles away from me. It is almost 10 years since I became a customer of Vgn and had only used my parents address then as I was returning from abroad and Vgn wanted a UK address.
The situation now is that HDNL only pick up these hubs when there is a big enough batch of them. So my new StupidHub will not even be picked until Tuesday.
Still I have a concession, if I want to cancel my Virgin services they will not charge me for the Broadband but will charge me £180 for giving up my phone line and TV.
Incompetence, cheating and lying and now having to take another day off work. What ever happened to CableHell?

Zing
26-02-2011, 22:30
Virgin claim no responsibility for their contract with HDNL when it suits them.

There is a petition to Amazon to stop them using HDNL.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/deals/forum?cdThread=Tx1A9GFNUAIDZ

I received a text message from HDNL stating they would deliver Tuesday afternoon and duly waited in.

Nothing. So phoned a Virgin Colonial Cousin in the sub-continent on the Wednsesday to be told I should sort out Virgin's delivery problems. Was told that they had tried to deliver and that a card had been left. Was told they could deliver any other day. Asked for Saturday - cannot deliver on a Saturday! Order cancelled. So onto disconnections, they could not intervene in the Virgin contract (although the delivery had by then been cancelled so how did that work?) so asked which part of the DPA they were concerned about. Was then told because I had accepted the StupidHub since 12 Jan and even although it had never worked properly I would be penalised if I no longer wanted it and that I could not have my previously working 20Mb modem back again. Having been given the link to the parcel I looked the refereence up on the HDNL site and noticed the parcel was not at my local depot. Phoning Virgin back again I was told the parcel had been cancelled and that was an end to the matter.

The new Stupidhub was duly delivered on a Saturday!
Unfortunately it was delivered to my parents who are in their 90s and live some 400 miles away from me. It is almost 10 years since I became a customer of Vgn and had only used my parents address then as I was returning from abroad and Vgn wanted a UK address.
The situation now is that HDNL only pick up these hubs when there is a big enough batch of them. So my new StupidHub will not even be picked until Tuesday.
Still I have a concession, if I want to cancel my Virgin services they will not charge me for the Broadband but will charge me £180 for giving up my phone line and TV.
Incompetence, cheating and lying and now having to take another day off work. What ever happened to CableHell?

it got swallowed by Cableforum but some users relaunched as interhell

mikegreen
28-02-2011, 10:28
Be nice if VM CS actually told me how this is all gonna work!

So you get a text, from the courier, with an estimated delivery time?

I'm due to get my hub on Wednesday.

Peter_
28-02-2011, 16:07
Be nice if VM CS actually told me how this is all gonna work!

So you get a text, from the courier, with an estimated delivery time?

I'm due to get my hub on Wednesday.
If they have a mobile number on your account then yes that is what should happen.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 16:33
If they have a mobile number on your account then yes that is what should happen.

Let's make it clear Masque.:D

Peter_
28-02-2011, 16:37
Let's make it clear Masque.:D
If your number is on the account otherwise they have no contact details, I had the text messages as did many others in this thread.

So saying it should work if they have your mobile number is actually 100% correct as they are not mind readers.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 16:42
I only highlighted the word you used again! Should. What should happen and in some cases what does happen are 2 entirely different things.

mikegreen
28-02-2011, 16:43
Thanks.

If it should turn out not to be the case, VM do have my number as they have used it before, then I'll post back.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 16:45
That's fine, you SHOULD!https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2016/11/3.gif

Peter_
28-02-2011, 16:45
I only highlighted the word you used again! Should. What should happen and in some cases what does happen are 2 entirely different things.
As I said it is down to the being a mobile number on the account, and you will be surprised how many people do not ask for a mobile number even though it is part of the call, that is why it should happen as without the number it will not happen.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 16:52
I agree that one would expect that to happen should a mobile number be registered to the account.

However it is not always the case that what should happen does happen otherwise there would not be so many complaints about what should or would happen not happening!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/12/3.gif

Chrysalis
28-02-2011, 17:04
VM do have my mobile number and I got no text, so I repeat the world should rather than will.

Peter_
28-02-2011, 17:54
VM do have my mobile number and I got no text, so I repeat the world should rather than will.
If you received no text then it is down to HDNL as they are ones to send them not Virginmedia as you say it is listed on the account therefore they never used it.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 18:01
Don't start that argument again Masque, it's water under the bridge.

Peter_
28-02-2011, 18:06
Don't start that argument again Masque, it's water under the bridge.
No that was different to this actually as the delivery is dealt with by HDNL and it is poor practice by them if they fail to inform you of the impending delivery of a Superhub for the upgrade.

If Chrysalis's one was just a replacement they seem to treated differently and just turn up, no idea what the difference is with regards that.

Not wanting to argue about it at all as you were making a funny comment over the mention of Supposed.

pip08456
28-02-2011, 18:09
Yes I was being humourous but I also saw the other which got personal. I see no point in it being resurrected.

Peter_
28-02-2011, 18:12
Yes I was being humourous but I also saw the other which got personal. I see no point in it being resurrected.
I was just saying he should have if it was the initial delivery any replacement equipment do not appear to get this courtesy which is strange.

Chrysalis
01-03-2011, 08:34
No that was different to this actually as the delivery is dealt with by HDNL and it is poor practice by them if they fail to inform you of the impending delivery of a Superhub for the upgrade.

If Chrysalis's one was just a replacement they seem to treated differently and just turn up, no idea what the difference is with regards that.

Not wanting to argue about it at all as you were making a funny comment over the mention of Supposed.

was a new order ;)

my 2nd superhub was given direct by tech.

This isnt a complaint about service, end of the day it came fairly early the morning it was due, but more just feedback to tell you I didnt get the text.

Peter_
01-03-2011, 09:13
was a new order ;)

my 2nd superhub was given direct by tech.

This isnt a complaint about service, end of the day it came fairly early the morning it was due, but more just feedback to tell you I didnt get the text.
Much appreciated for the information as the above should have happened.

mikegreen
01-03-2011, 10:53
Just decided that I will not wait in all day long if I do not get the text.

I'll be out for a coffee and a read of the paper, then back home to settle in for a wait.

Life is, as they say, too short! :)

mikegreen
02-03-2011, 09:18
No it was from HDNL with a tracking number which everyone should receive, Mick above did receive a text telling him that his delivery was this evening.

I am a customer in HDNL's eyes nothing more and they used my registered mobile number to text me which should be taken by the agent at point of sale or contact.

Also if it was a staff only service I could not have mentioned it.;)

Should have yes, but the VM agent did not take my mobile number at "point of sale'.

I, naively, thought that my contact details would be passed on to the delivery company as a matter of course.

I assume this has not been done as I have not received a confirmation of delivery text. :confused:

Peter_
02-03-2011, 09:29
Should have yes, but the VM agent did not take my mobile number at "point of sale'.

I, naively, thought that my contact details would be passed on to the delivery company as a matter of course.

I assume this has not been done as I have not received a confirmation of delivery text. :confused:
They are supposed to ask as part of the call.

mikegreen
02-03-2011, 09:35
They are supposed to ask as part of the call.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/65.jpg

I'll get me coat (and hat)...

Just had a text forwarded to me from GF. Delivery between 12-3pm today.

They had her number and not mine as a contact. Cough...

Peter_
02-03-2011, 09:38
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/65.jpg

I'll get me coat (and hat)...

Just had a text forwarded to me from GF. Delivery between 12-3pm today.

They had her number and not mine as a contact. Cough...
As long as you received the text all well and good.;)

mikegreen
02-03-2011, 16:36
So far so good! Delivery was within the specified times.
Took about 15 mins from unboxing to activation. Was about 5 mins before the hub settled and I could get online. Of course the first thing I did was...
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/104.png

pip08456
02-03-2011, 17:06
The first thing you should do is disable IP Flood detection. You haven't been paying attention!:D

mikegreen
03-03-2011, 07:23
The first thing you should do is disable IP Flood detection. You haven't been paying attention!:D

Yes, of course! I'll get me coat (again).

DanPluck
03-03-2011, 08:45
Got my superhub yesterday plugged it all in, called the activation line. "Sorry we cant activate your superhub it was not scanned when it left the warehouse, you need to wait 24hrs, but you can plug your old modem back in"

Needless to say the old modem didnt work due to be technically being switched to XL. 1 h 30 mins on the phone to activations, technical support, customer services, and 5 pointless reboots of all my kit and they suggested i jsut wait 24hrs until the superhub can be activated. Not a complete loss as i should be getting the activation fee recredited to my account.

Rather comically all departments i spoke to had no idea of the ongoing issues with the superhub. Is it too much to ask for a communications company to communicate with its staff?

AndyCambs
03-03-2011, 08:57
Yes, of course! I'll get me coat (again).

And extend lease time LAN IP settings
Also disable firewall

pip08456
03-03-2011, 09:14
Also disable firewall

But that's 2nd and 3rd:D:D:D

mikegreen
03-03-2011, 16:52
Also disable firewall

Disabled firewall but did not know of the extend lease time LAN IP "fix".

Thanks, I'll do that if it helps anything.

Harryn9000
03-02-2012, 18:27
Are Virgin Still Using HDNL as wait for superhub to arrive as current one keeps rebooting randomly, had no text or anything virgin just told my mum it was today up till 7pm

Peter_
03-02-2012, 20:10
Are Virgin Still Using HDNL as wait for superhub to arrive as current one keeps rebooting randomly, had no text or anything virgin just told my mum it was today up till 7pm
HDNL/YODEL depending on the area.

When was it ordered as it is usually nextday plus 24 hours but it depends what day it was ordered.

Harryn9000
03-02-2012, 20:18
got it 9 mins before 7pm some fella in unbranded van from yodel.