PDA

View Full Version : Superhub tomorrow!

fixerman
23-02-2011, 16:45
My Superhub is being delivered by courier tomorrow. I called to arrange for a 50MB upgrade but opted for the 30MB after they tried to charge me £6.50 PM even though the paperwork stated £5 PM.

I'm more than a little concerned that I may have made a wrong decision after reading the posts complaining about the wireless performance of the Superhub.:rolleyes:

Any advice on installing the Superhub. Is it simply a matter of removing my current router and modem and replacing it with the Superhub?

Does it need to be configured and is it a simple process.

Any advice welcome please!:)

Stephen
23-02-2011, 16:49
After it is delivered you unplug the modem and router. Connect up the superhub and I think you have to all up and activate it?

I get great wireless performance from the superhub. Not everyone is having problems.

savvychels
23-02-2011, 16:57
If you don't have anything complicated then it's pretty straightforward. I did have some tech issues with getting mine activated, but it was all sorted that evening. Once set up go into your admin area of the router and turn off the router's firewall and ipflood and it 'should' all work fine. I've had no real issues. I'm slightly disappointed with the strength of the wireless sometimes, but that could as easily be down to my netbook rather than the router. Overall I'm very satisfied with it for what I'm using it for (one wired desktop, two wireless laptop/netbook, and a few other small wireless devices).

fixerman
23-02-2011, 17:10
Thanks folks!:)

I have a couple of wired PCs and one wired iMac, two laptops, an Apple TV and two iPads.

Stephen
23-02-2011, 18:06
Mine is similarly connected. A wired iMac, wireless laptop, iPad, xbox360, PS3 and mobile phone. All connected via N apart from the ps3 which is G. Get great coverage in my house and good speeds too.

The only thing you will need to do is to disable ip flood detection on the superhub.

fixerman
23-02-2011, 18:13
Mine is similarly connected. A wired iMac, wireless laptop, iPad, xbox360, PS3 and mobile phone. All connected via N apart from the ps3 which is G. Get great coverage in my house and good speeds too.

The only thing you will need to do is to disable ip flood detection on the superhub.

If you don't mind Stephen I may come back to you for some guidance on that:)

StevenJohnson
23-02-2011, 22:53
Good luck! ;)