PDA

View Full Version : Ip address needs changing help please!

bathspray
23-02-2011, 16:26
Ebay have just closed my accounts and trying to get back on but i need a new ip address apparently according to all ebay forums. It wasnt through selling dodgy items either it was due to listing hundreds of items over 2 days. Bunch of cowboys they are!!

Anyway i need a change of ip address as ebay block them apparently so whenevr you log on from the same ip it flags up and they shut your new account also.

Ive contacted Virgin media today and he said that ip address will change but it could be days, weeks or even months.

I have 50M WIFI with the superhub.

Can anyone please help me other than me moving broadband to another provider to get a different ip.

many thanks in anticipation

Kymmy
23-02-2011, 16:38
Turn off the hub and within 7 days your dhcp lease will renew.. but even then it's not certain that you'll get a new IP.

Even if you could eBay has a perfect right to throw you off their system and by trying to circumvent that you're probably breaking their terms and conditions whether or not you believe the ban was justified.. Talk to eBay..

bathspray
23-02-2011, 16:44
Believe me i have tried to talk to EBAY cowboys. I have spent hour upon hour but get absolutely no where. You dont imagine it possible until it happens to you then when you look into it they are closing 000's of peoples accounts down and they have to give absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to you why.

RobboEdin
23-02-2011, 18:15
I can't see what your problem is? You think ebay are a bunch of cowboys. Why do you want to continue to do business with them? I try to avoid coyboys.

PS If you do get a new IP, some poor person will inherit your old IP and not be able to legitimately access ebay.

bathspray
23-02-2011, 18:23
Ha even though they are cowboys so many people need EBAY. it sucks i know but i rely on ebay for my business>. Talk about all eggs in one basket. Though ive tried gumtree, ebid, preloved etc and nothing gets responses like ebay- unfortunately.

So i need to get on asap

Nopanic
23-02-2011, 18:47
use a secure proxy ?