PDA

View Full Version : DNS Server addresses for 30mb service?

love2learn
22-02-2011, 10:32
Hi,

I've just upgraded from 20mb - 30mb. All is good apart from the 1mb upload speed... my area in Uddingston hasn't been upgraded to the 3mb upload speed yet. Anyone know if the DNS servers have changed for 30mb and what they are? And do any of the Virgin staff members know when the Uddingston UBR's will be upgraged for the faster upload speed?

Thanks,

Chris

qasdfdsaq
22-02-2011, 12:58
The DNS servers are the same for all services. VM uses anycast DNS which automatically routers your request to the nearest and fastest DNS server depending on where you are.

The dates for the upload increase are listed on the schedule on VM's website. The staff won't usually be able to tell you more than this.

love2learn
23-02-2011, 07:41
The DNS servers are the same for all services. VM uses anycast DNS which automatically routers your request to the nearest and fastest DNS server depending on where you are.

The dates for the upload increase are listed on the schedule on VM's website. The staff won't usually be able to tell you more than this.

The reason I was asking is, I usually setup a static IP address on my machines and input the DNS servers manually. But I i've done it now anyway. I had assumed the default gateway would be the same as my other netgear. It's actually changed to 192.168.0.1, so I found the issue. Thanks anyway.

Do you happen to have a link for the schedule. A VM staff member advised me around August for my area, but that seems rather far away... I'd like to have a look at the schedule just to confirm. Thanks ;-)

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

In fact it's still showing as being planned on http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/uploadschedule2012.pdf so it might be as long as August. Must be the old telewest equipment needing replaced :-(

qasdfdsaq
23-02-2011, 10:39
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, and a lot of the "being planned" areas are shabby old ex-TW. August 2011-March 2012 is the approx timeframe.