PDA

View Full Version : move cable box

axium13
21-02-2011, 23:08
My broadband cable comes into an upstairs bedroom and was put in some years ago when wireless was not available.
I now have a superhub and need the Modem/router to be in a downstairs room. Can I disconnect the incoming wire from the junction box in th bedroom, unscrew the box from the wall and put it on the wall downstairs, then make the incoming wire shorter and reconnect it to the white wall box in the downstairs room?

Nopanic
22-02-2011, 02:34
The cabling is simple coax which is easily manipulated, however should you damage it or cause problems with your local network you will be charged the repair costs. Give customer care a call and get it done by a tech.£75 though I think.

Peter_
22-02-2011, 06:29
I would not recommend taking the external box off the wall and resiting as you may cause major issues for the rest of the road by possibly bring noise onto the local network and once traced to you they would bill you for it.

If you want it resited then call customer Services who will book an engineer to move it for you for a one off charge of £99.