PDA

View Full Version : Can reach 192.168.0.1 but can't login

timbop37
18-02-2011, 12:13
Hi all

I am a new member although I have been reading the posts for a while now.

I can get the super hub screen but it says my username / password is incorrect.

I have used the password recently so I know it is correct. The username is admin and I changed the password to the one I have used for my last 3 routers. I have tried entering it on 3 different PCs and also tried a reboot of the PCs and the superhub on several occasions.

I know I can reset the router but I was wonderingo f anyone else had encountered this problem.

I know I have entered the correct password (I have even tried "changeme") as it has been my password for about 4 years.

Any ideas before I reset?

All the best

Tim

Kymmy
18-02-2011, 12:16
Sorry to sound so low tech but have you checked the obvious first like Caps lock and if you're on a laptop the Function lock and also if you have included special characters (like £@") were you on a UK or US keyboard when you set them??

Other than that just reset

pabscars
18-02-2011, 12:17
Is it possible you have input a new password in CAPITALS by mistake?

devilincarnate
18-02-2011, 12:31
Hi have you looked on the Superhub as there should be a sticker on there with the username and password.

If you have just got the new Superhub your old password will not work as it will be the the default one.
TRY:
USER-NAME - ADMIN
PASSWORD - LEAVE BLANK

Peter_
18-02-2011, 12:33
Hi all

I am a new member although I have been reading the posts for a while now.

I can get the super hub screen but it says my username / password is incorrect.

I have used the password recently so I know it is correct. The username is admin and I changed the password to the one I have used for my last 3 routers. I have tried entering it on 3 different PCs and also tried a reboot of the PCs and the superhub on several occasions.

I know I can reset the router but I was wonderingo f anyone else had encountered this problem.

I know I have entered the correct password (I have even tried "changeme") as it has been my password for about 4 years.

Any ideas before I reset?

All the best

Tim
We need to know which router you actually have.

timbop37
18-02-2011, 13:09
Superhub is VMDG480. I have not used capitals or a US kb.

I have had no problems with my LAN for years. I logged into the SH when I got it less than a week ago to change usual settings and setup my network and security, etc. I also changed my router login PW to the one I have always used. Everything has worked great until this morning. I couldn't login to the router and, in fact, the wired PC will not connect to the Internet although I can see it on the network and exchange files with it. I have set a static IP for this PC of 192.168.1.151 and until this morning it has been fine.

I must add that 2 laptops and 2 iPods will connect to the Internet okay but not to the router, although the access screen appears.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tim

Kymmy
18-02-2011, 13:33
could an update have reset the hub?? try the default password (if any), also try DHCP on the PC to see if the router is still on the same subnet (possible an update has defaulted it)

v0id
18-02-2011, 13:43
could an update have reset the hub??

This JUST happend to my Superhub.. I'm not very happy about it either :mad:

timbop37
18-02-2011, 14:02
I reset the hub and can now get into the router with PW changeme. I have set things up again but still can't connect to the Internet with my wired PC. Incidentally, I noticed on router settings that the subnet is now 255.255.252.0 when it used to be 255.255.255.0,, I changed this on my wired connection with success. I have tried obtaining IP automatically and the TCP/IP protocols screen shows this but it still assign my static IP of 192.168.0.150.

Any ideas. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Tim

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quick update. Everything seems okay.

To summarise:

Couldn't login to router with usual password - reset hub and used changeme

Couldn't access internet with one wired PC - changed TCP/IP to assign IP auto. However, it still assigns my static IP I have always had: 192.168.0.150 even though auto is showing in TCP/IP

I can now connect to the internet and to the hub. The subnet did not make any difference and in fact reverted on the PC to 255.255.255.0 after me changing it to 255.255.252.0 to natch the hub. Don't know what that is all about.

Anyway, thank you for your replies and patience. I am no expert - in fact, a little knowledge is dangerous!

Regards

Tim

pip08456
18-02-2011, 14:39
I reset the hub and can now get into the router with PW changeme. I have set things up again but still can't connect to the Internet with my wired PC. Incidentally, I noticed on router settings that the subnet is now 255.255.252.0 when it used to be 255.255.255.0,, I changed this on my wired connection with success. I have tried obtaining IP automatically and the TCP/IP protocols screen shows this but it still assign my static IP of 192.168.0.150.

Any ideas. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Tim

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quick update. Everything seems okay.

To summarise:

Couldn't login to router with usual password - reset hub and used changeme

Couldn't access internet with one wired PC - changed TCP/IP to assign IP auto. However, it still assigns my static IP I have always had: 192.168.0.150 even though auto is showing in TCP/IP

I can now connect to the internet and to the hub. The subnet did not make any difference and in fact reverted on the PC to 255.255.255.0 after me changing it to 255.255.252.0 to natch the hub. Don't know what that is all about.

Anyway, thank you for your replies and patience. I am no expert - in fact, a little knowledge is dangerous!

Regards

Tim

Never a truer statement!:D

zekeisaszekedoes
18-02-2011, 14:44
Until the new firmware update fixes the myriad of problems (well, we're all hoping that it does) then the following can be taken as a general rule for first-step troubleshooting the Super Hub, and indeed many other devices on the whole.

When in doubt, reboot!