PDA

View Full Version : buffalonas.com

Skyfox
18-02-2011, 10:49
Hi, just got a Superhub installed (would rather have kept my old router, but what can you do?)

Have it functioning reasonably well, but I am having a major issues connecting to my Buffalo NAS externally.

Using buffalonas.com simply doesn't work anymore. I have port forwarded the appropriate port (9000 in this case) though I cannot find anywhere to control outbound connections, only the indound.

I would rather not disable the firewall feature of the Superhub, although when I did, it did not seem to fix the situation. (But I have to admit to not giving it too much of a chance)

Has anyone had any success with the superhub and buffalonas.com service? If so, how?

Cheers!

Mick Fisher
18-02-2011, 15:42
Disable the SHub's Firewall and flood detection. You are still behind NAT so you are not compromising your network. If you are still unhappy get a free software firewall. (http://privacyware.com/PF_support.html)

Reboot SHub and see what you've got.

I haven't got a Buffalo NAS so can't check for you.

I remember I had a bit of a performance setting up my own NAS IIRC a pinhole reset was required to access it and setting it to a static IP solved the issue for me.

Skyfox
18-02-2011, 17:38
Yeah, I had to wait a little while before the lack of firewall seemed to kick in. I can now now connect to the NAS externally.

You sure it's reasonably secure with the firewall settings disabled? If so, will leave it as is.

Cheers!

pip08456
18-02-2011, 18:44
Being behind a NAT you'll be secure.

Skyfox
18-02-2011, 23:28
ok, that's good to know...

Ok, buffalonas working fine.. working on FTP access now... more problems! What the heck does "Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead." mean?!?

I may just have to make do until they release a new firmware or add this bridge mode.