PDA

View Full Version : Incompetent 50Mb Installation

MK1
17-02-2011, 21:29
No ethernet cable (made worse by the fact that i hate routers to begin with)
No free security package
No speed check when he finished the installation
And he was going to leave before he checked to make sure all computers were connected

Not happy at all but i knew things like this would happen before he turned up but to not bring an ethernet cable well i can't say i'm surprised really.

qasdfdsaq
17-02-2011, 21:52
The free security package you have to download yourself off the VM website, it's always been that way.

As for the rest of it, yeah that's pretty bad. For me they left me the box and everything in it, including ethernet cables, and did a speed test - which IIRC is the point of why they require engineer installations to begin with.

looper35uk
17-02-2011, 21:53
No free security package
And he was going to leave before he checked to make sure all computers were connected

Not happy at all but i knew things like this would happen before he turned up but to not bring an ethernet cable well i can't say i'm surprised really.

In defence of the installer
1) You do get a free security package. This is downloaded and is part of the registration process that must be completed by yourself, not by the installer.
2) The installer will only connect one computer at the time of install. Out of courtesy some installers may do more than one.

pip08456
17-02-2011, 21:59
In defence of the installer
1) You do get a free security package. This is downloaded and is part of the registration process that must be completed by yourself, not by the installer.
2) The installer will only connect one computer at the time of install. Out of courtesy some installers may do more than one.

Without an ethernet cable?????????????????

jb66
17-02-2011, 22:11
Your only supposed to do one computer and the customer is responsible for antivirus. Not a perfect install though.

royaltiger
17-02-2011, 22:31
Sounds right to me, so much for having the correct levels to make it work properly and being checked by the tech. When mine was installed I was out at the time and came home to find the router installed in a completely different room to what the pc was in, you tell me how thats supposed to work, didn't take a rocket scientist to see pc in other room so took me all of two minutes to swap over modems but then the dreaded levels were not correct so a tech had to come out again to finish it properly, I never had the dongle that was part of the package either.

savvychels
18-02-2011, 02:21
I never had the dongle that was part of the package either.

dongle? Is that still supposed to be part of the package?

Harryn9000
18-02-2011, 02:45
u have to ring up to get it i had same problem they are send out when a customer requests it. still free tho. if they say it 30 quid tell them it not

Chrysalis
18-02-2011, 06:57
No free security package

usually you at least get a short ethernet cable with router, on superhub you now get a longer one.
security package you download but I dont reccomend it ;)
no surprise on the speedcheck if in congested area, not sure if they supposed to run one.
I think they only need to make sure its working on one machine.

MK1
22-02-2011, 21:05
usually you at least get a short ethernet cable with router, on superhub you now get a longer one.

We never used the shorter one in the past because it wouldn't reach across the frontroom but thats really interesting that they now do a longer one. Seeing as we should have got one in the first place when it was installed can we phone up and ask for one?

zekeisaszekedoes
22-02-2011, 21:08
Oh yeah, I remember now. A nice new gigabit cable, long with yellow plastic end covers. Actually that has been the most useful part of the Super Hub kit. :D

jb66
22-02-2011, 21:10
The long cable only comes with the quickstart kit, engineers don't get issued them. They are only £4 on ebay