PDA

View Full Version : After Midnight slow down

badhairday
17-02-2011, 00:23
This has been going on for a long time, and as I tend to go to bed around midnight I have not done anything about it,also the possibility of getting a new box and losing all my recorded stuff scares me.
Anyhoo, without fail every night at midnight(seriously exactly midnight) my VMHD box slows down to a crawl when selecting anything.
Changing channel,accessing listings,recorded material anything that involves a button on the remote and the VM box suffers delays.
I choose to fast forward and it goes fast and ignores the stop button, then it stops way past where I wanted it to,rewind and it gos past where I first started...serious lag issues.

Am I alone in this nocturnal habit of a VM box ?

PS please don't post any replies after midnight I won't see them until the morning :)

savvychels
17-02-2011, 02:54
That's the time the daily updates (like epg etc) are taking place so it happens to all of us. Can be very frustrating but I've just got used to not fast fwding at that time.

badhairday
17-02-2011, 08:15
AH HA!!! Thats why ! Thank you savvychels... mystery solved.

pabscars
17-02-2011, 08:34
Its a very annoying problem at times, and I still fail to see why VM cant move the EPG update to say 3a.m.

savvychels
17-02-2011, 16:43
AH HA!!! Thats why ! Thank you savvychels... mystery solved.

You're very welcome :)

Its a very annoying problem at times, and I still fail to see why VM cant move the EPG update to say 3a.m.

Actually until recently I got a 'hang' around 2am as well (yes I'm a night owl). So I would get it between midnight and 1am and then again shortly after 2am.