PDA

View Full Version : New Customer Install

DoubleL2k
13-02-2011, 21:07
Hi Guys

First time on the forum. Decided to change from Sky and come over to Virgin Media.

Have a quick question, I used to work for Virgin Media and NTL (before name change) and dealt with installations while was there and getting installs fixed if they couldnt be installed for whatever reason, ie damaged cable, repulls, blocked ts, network etc etc.

I moved in to my current house a year ago and the previous people had Virgin but this was disconnected when they moved. It looks like where the external box is outside the cable that comes into the house was cut off and plastered over when the internal walls were redone.

As the address is already pre-wired will this cable need to re-pulled? when i ordered it with sale i told them of this and they said a 1 man would be able to do the job and just replace the existing cable from the entry point but from my previous experience we always arranged either for a 2man crew to go out or get the cable repulled before the install took place.

Has anything changed since i used to work for them 5 years ago? u reckon my installation will be ok for a 1 man to do this if the cable was cut at the entry point?

Any advice would be great.

Looking forward to seeing what virgin is like....hoping there BB is still the same, compared to skys pathetic service.

Peter_
13-02-2011, 22:33
If the is an external cable to the omni box then all he should need to do is drill through the wall and replace the cable from the isolator.

WooLLsterQ
13-02-2011, 23:05
Really depends on the engineer, there is no reason why he can not get a temp connection from any part of the cable in the garden as long as he can get a good enough signal on it. Once he gets you up and running he should book it in for a repull, which will be completed outside your property.

Dont worry mate one way or another it will go in. :)

JayJay
14-02-2011, 08:38
Dont worry mate one way or another it will go in. :)

Dont we know it. LOL

WooLLsterQ
14-02-2011, 09:11
Dont we know it. LOL

Yes indeedy Ha Ha Ha:D:D:D:D