PDA

View Full Version : VM Partner Rates woes

pulegium
10-02-2011, 08:44
So... The company I work for has a deal with VM and we're supposed to get offers at "Partner Rates" rates. Anyway, this looked good, and I thought of switching to them.

Signed up, filled in a form and got a reference number, which I could use to check the order status. So far so good. Checked the status and it said 'we will send you an email within 10 days'. Good, so I waited 10 days. No email.

I sent an email to the address provided on the VM PR website (no phone numbers or anything like that were there). No response.

I then phoned VM Customer support (new customers) phone. A chap that picked up the call checked my postcode and said there are no orders pending. I said that I used VM PR site to register and I have a reference number and the site seems to know about it (still saying wait 10 days). He said he can't check that and he'll transfer me to someone else who might be able to help. Fair enough.

So I got transferred to a girl presumably in PR dept. Explained the situation, she then asked what is the company name. I told her. She then said, she can't do anything and I need to speak to my company's HR dept as they should be dealing with this. That's bizarre I said, it's me who's trying to get the service and all this PR business is just to get slightly lower rates.

I asked if she could check the order status as I have order ref number, but she said she can't do that. Well, then I said, we're not really making any progress here and asked what should I do. Now, the response I got was kind of shocking, so I even forgot to ask her name... She said that I'm not obliged to use VM service at all. :shocked:

WTF?! Is that how they "welcome" new customers?

I then wrote to a company that handles all communications with VM PR asking for help. Now just waiting for response.

I wonder if anyone knows any contact details (phone) of this mysterious VM PR department?

pulegium
10-02-2011, 18:55
ok, got an email earlier on with the phone number. <snip>. For some reason it answered as CarphoneWarehouse or mentioned it, but there.

They recognised my application number and arranged the installation date. Let's see how that goes :)

Peter_
10-02-2011, 18:57
When is your install and did they give you a good deal, no need for details.

pulegium
10-02-2011, 19:07
ok, removed :)

installation is in 2 weeks time, i suppose it's the time now to cancel my existing provider, but i'm bit worried, in case something doesn't work out well, and i rely on internet connection, so will prob keep it until i see that VM is working ok.

with regards to the deal, it's quite a good one i'd think, for just an extra few quid a bump from 5 to 50 mb :)

Peter_
10-02-2011, 19:11
ok, removed :)

installation is in 2 weeks time, i suppose it's the time now to cancel my existing provider, but i'm bit worried, in case something doesn't work out well, and i rely on internet connection, so will prob keep it until i see that VM is working ok.

with regards to the deal, it's quite a good one i'd think, for just an extra few quid a bump from 5 to 50 mb :)
I expect you will need to give 30 days notice which is a good thing just in case the are any glitches with the install.

Good luck with it.

pulegium
10-02-2011, 19:24
yup, i phoned them already, it's 14 days and a £30 penalty fee... ah well... so if i cancel it now it'd be just on time, but i won't take the risk, "just in case" :)

Peter_
10-02-2011, 19:25
yup, i phoned them already, it's 14 days and a £30 penalty fee... ah well... so if i cancel it now it'd be just on time, but i won't take the risk, "just in case" :)
Make sure your old services over run as you never know.;)