PDA

View Full Version : need help with watching tv in another room

jonny1983
10-02-2011, 00:33
This has probably been asked lots of times already but cant find any answers

I have a VM HD + and I'm trying to watch TV in bedroom. I already have Technika video sender but cant seem to get it to work (no signal at all) - set-up as follows

Technika Scart into bottom VM socket
TV Scart into top VM socket

I have HDMI however I have turned this off

can anyone help would be greatly appreciated

spiderplant
10-02-2011, 07:47
If your V+ is made by Samsung you've got the SCART plugs the wrong way round, but it shouldn't make much difference if you have turned HDMI off.

You aren't obviously doing anything wrong. Check the SCART plugs are pushed in properly, and that the video sender and receiver are set to the same channel. Maybe the bedroom is out of range of the sender - could you try setting it all up in the same room just to test it?

Or maybe the video sender is faulty.

jonny1983
10-02-2011, 09:54
yeah will give that a try thought i had it set-up ok. i'm thinking it might be faulty

Matth
10-02-2011, 22:12
Tried changing the channels, remeber that A-D are spread over the same frequency band as Wifi 1-13, so if yoiu have a router on a low channel, you need to put the videosenders on D

i am not scouse
22-02-2011, 13:22
im thinking about getting a tv sender also, but ill ask what is probably a stupid question to some of you guys, does the tv sender allow you to change channels in the other room or are you stuck with what you left on the box??

jonny1983
22-02-2011, 18:28
This has probably been asked lots of times already but cant find any answers

I have a VM HD + and I'm trying to watch TV in bedroom. I already have Technika video sender but cant seem to get it to work (no signal at all) - set-up as follows

Technika Scart into bottom VM socket
TV Scart into top VM socket

I have HDMI however I have turned this off

can anyone help would be greatly appreciated
sorted it - ended up getting a new set of video senders and works perfectly.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

im thinking about getting a tv sender also, but ill ask what is probably a stupid question to some of you guys, does the tv sender allow you to change channels in the other room or are you stuck with what you left on the box??

my senders come with a magic eye allowing me to change channel form the bedroom but you have to watch what's on tv in the room