PDA

View Full Version : virgin media service absolutely shocking

gary_m
08-02-2011, 17:03
ordered the whole package online (tv phone and broadband) on the 6 of January
got a installation date of 26 of january (not what we booked but understand it was a busy time) so the 26th comes and waiting in all day 6.30 and we call them they say construction team is needed . no phone call to say there not coming . we phone back 2 days later to see what was going to happen and are told we will get a call tomorrow so guess what no call so we call them and are told they will call us by friday still have not had a call by today and it is costing us a fortune phoning vm on a mobile as we have been with out a house phone for a month now and no internet only a dongle.
vm are quick enough to take payment for the boxes as long as they get the money they dont care about customer service at all .
wish i had payed a bit more and choose sky
and if there are any managers on here for bedford area get a move on and get it installed a month is totally unsatisfactory

weesteev
09-02-2011, 07:34
Firstly welcome to the forum...

vm are quick enough to take payment for the boxes as long as they get the money they dont care about customer service at all
Virgin take an upfront payment, I dont understand what your argument is? Sky also take upfront payments and if its a contract installer and your job is cancelled then you dont even get a refund... swings and roundabouts.

it is costing us a fortune phoning vm on a mobile
When you call up ask the agent to call you back on your mobile, they wont have a problem doing that.

we have been with out a house phone for a month now and no internet only a dongle.
Dont disconnect your current provider until after you are installed, any number of problems can halt or prevent an installation for any Telecomms company so disconnecting your existing supplier before you are reconnected is always risky. Its always best to cancel your current provider a few days after your install date with your new supplier, this allows you a safety net if things go wrong.

we call them they say construction team is needed
If you are calling back then ask to speak to the construction team, the agent should put you through to them and they can advise you what the issue is (get them to call you back though!).

Let us know how it goes.

gary_m
16-02-2011, 20:09
got a bit of information from virgin they should be ringing me back by friday . think they might have to put a cable down but next door already have virgin. so not to sure what there doing yet but shouldn't be much of a problem as we are only a couple of meters away from the green box
got a pic of google just to see what an employee of virgin thinks green box and my house circled in red
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/48.jpg

weesteev
17-02-2011, 07:56
All your property needs is a new Tee, this area is Cab architecture so nothing major required. Because this is house built after the primary property on the main street, no network was put in place to serve this. The construction team should resolve this for you quite quickly.