PDA

View Full Version : ps3 hdmi problems

samcha14
08-02-2011, 09:27
ive got 2 ps3 1 fat n 1 slim, my fat ps3 works fine on hdmi, and always has done, but when i got the slim hooked it up to my 42" sharp lcd the main xmb screen is fine but as soon as i try playing a game it flashed either green or blue, some games worse than others, sum time it flashes a fuzzy screen 1st, works well on scart, does any 1 no if there is away to sort it,im nt tht technical so very hesitant to open it up and have a look, can any 1 give any suggestions please.

haydnwalker
08-02-2011, 09:34
Have you tried it on another HDMI TV? Does it work OK then?

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Does it work OK then?

If not then it sounds like it should be returned (if under 12months old) to the retailler for a replacement, as it sounds like a faulty HDMI port on the PS3.

samcha14
08-02-2011, 10:05
i have not tried another tv as my fat ps3 works fine on it, i have tried other cable same problem, i gt it from cash generator on amazon they never declared any problems, i asked y someone brought it back they said they found a better deal. i just want to see if i can sort the problem before i resort to taking it back, loads have got problems with hdmi but never seems to be same thing.

Hom3r
08-02-2011, 11:21
Have you tried putting the HDMI lead in the PS3 into the TV and vise vera, some leads might not be bi-directional.

haydnwalker
08-02-2011, 14:07
i have not tried another tv as my fat ps3 works fine on it, i have tried other cable same problem, i gt it from cash generator on amazon they never declared any problems, i asked y someone brought it back they said they found a better deal. i just want to see if i can sort the problem before i resort to taking it back, loads have got problems with hdmi but never seems to be same thing.

Have you done the PS3 graphics reset?

By Sony had already though of this problem and there is an easy solution:

* Make sure the system is off.
* Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
* That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

Simple!!

Does it work on Composite/SCART?

It could well be a completely faulty PS3?

pabscars
08-02-2011, 15:16
What I've found works in order to get the HDMI working was to turn off the console.

1. Plug the scart lead in to the PS3 and TV
2. Plug the HDMI lead into PS3 and TV
3. Switch the PS3 on and I'm pretty sure the PS3 detects the HDMI cable and asks if you want to use that instead.
4. Select Yes, then the screen will go blank for 30 seconds.
5. Quickly change your TV over to the correct HDMI port
6. Then select Yes. (you should be able to see a display at this point)

If you don't do it quick enough it will revert back to the previous scart connections so start again.

Something like that anyway, I cant remember 100% but I'm pretty sure it should work.

Lord Nikon
09-02-2011, 08:15
Sounds more like a HDCP problem, the XMB isn't protected by HDCP whereas games are.