PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi to rf

cocotinker
31-01-2011, 08:58
Hey guys

I have a problem, am currently looking for a way to get the hdmi signal from my ps3 to my hd tv. But i need to place a device in the middle such as a PVD or DVR with an RF in and out so i can run the signal to other tv's.

If possible can I run the signal into the hd tv using the RF connection without loss of HD resolution

Thanks Corey

BenMcr
31-01-2011, 09:21
No RF doesn't support HD resolutions

Are you saying you want to send the PS3 picture to other TVs?

cocotinker
01-02-2011, 10:28
Yes my house is wired so that there is a RF out in the family room and whatever is connected is then transmited into an RF in which is attached to a splitter which sends that signal to all others in the house,

I used to use RCA cables to connect to a VCR and when on the "line in" channel with the RF out connected to the splitter i could view the PS3 on any TV tuned to recieve the VCR frequency.

But now with the hdmi I cant attach it to the VCR, so i was looking for a device with a hdmi in an RF out and a HDMI out.

the-cable-guy
09-03-2011, 18:06
you can get a converter yes however it wont support any HDTV resolutions, why anyone would want to do such a thing when they have a HDTV is beyond me

cocotinker
15-03-2011, 21:19
The reason was I have 1 HD tv and 4 SD tv's all connected to a PS3. I wanted to split the output into 2 HDMI. 1 to go into the HD tv the other into a coaxial splitter to send the signal through the house and into the SD tv's. Know where I can buy one and a rough price tag?