PDA

View Full Version : Passport photos from own Camera ?

Mike
18-01-2011, 10:17
Hi all

I need to get some passport photos from my own camera and wondered the best way of doing this...........no printer at home !

Main concern is around getting the correct size printed.....can I just pop into boots or in there anything online I can use ?

Appreciate any advice and thanks for your time

Regards

Mike

Kymmy
18-01-2011, 10:25
Last time I did this I used a photo editing program to drop/crop the pictures down to the acceptable size then copied the picture I think 6 or 8 times onto a 6x4" template.. Went to boots and used their touch screen machine to print a copy then used all eight to update DL/Passport and a few other things like gym membership

Chris
18-01-2011, 10:26
Do you have photoshop or something similar?

Peter_
18-01-2011, 10:26
Try this https://www.paspic.com/

Kymmy
18-01-2011, 10:29
The above site states 3.5cm by 4.5cm.. so that's the size you want.. so instead of paying nearly £4 for 4 do what I said in the first reply and you can have 6-8 for about 50pence and without having to wait for the post ;)

Halcyon
18-01-2011, 18:15
Make sure you have the correct plain background too.

cookie_365
18-01-2011, 18:57
Go to the Passport Agency website and check out their anally retentive rules.

Then get someone who can take a good pic to take a good pic.

Pop it into Ps or whatever, get your calculator out to make sure your chin is precisely 0.684054 cm from the bottom of the picture, or whatever the stupidly precise figure it is, Ps out the background into the precise shade of grey they want, then off to Boots to print out.

Or you can use their online service like I did, but boy do they spam you afterwards.

But whatever you do DON'T SMILE. Do you hear me? DON'T SMILE. Absolutely no smiling here in the soulless world of the UK Passport Agency.

Got it? NO SMILING PERMITTED. Be glum. Not too glum, as NO FROWNING PERMITTED.

;)

Taf
18-01-2011, 19:42
The French refused the photos I sent them from a home printer... "wrong paper". But it was heavyweight gloss photo paper just like the booths (which also now use bubblejet printers AFAIK).

Pauls9
19-01-2011, 14:01
The French refused the photos I sent them from a home printer... "wrong paper". But it was heavyweight gloss photo paper just like the booths (which also now use bubblejet printers AFAIK).Yes, but I bet it wasn't French heavyweight gloss photo paper...

Welshchris
20-01-2011, 15:08
glad this has just been brought up. I have recieved a letter from the DVLA stating my photo Licence is due for renewal costing £20!!! so they last for around 5 years and have to be renewed at a cost!

gazzae
20-01-2011, 15:39
glad this has just been brought up. I have recieved a letter from the DVLA stating my photo Licence is due for renewal costing £20!!! so they last for around 5 years and have to be renewed at a cost!

They last for 10 years. At least they do here in NI.

Welshchris
20-01-2011, 16:14
well they cant do here in UK. I passed my test in August 2004 and now they have contacted me about a renewel. I would have thought they would have been renewed with change of address tho and ive moved twice since i passed test.

Matty_
20-01-2011, 16:22
well they cant do here in UK. I passed my test in August 2004 and now they have contacted me about a renewel. I would have thought they would have been renewed with change of address tho and ive moved twice since i passed test.

Easy money for them, iv`e still got my old pink license from when i passed my test in 1988 with no photo. It`s a little worse for wear :)

Should i really have one of these new fangled photo licenses or will me old one still do. I don`t recall ever being asked to change it :erm:

Pauls9
20-01-2011, 16:44
I'm still running on my old paper licence from ... is it that long ago? AFAIK there's no need to change, unless the details on it have changed.

Though I may have to get a photo licence if the demands for photo ID get worse.

Osem
20-01-2011, 17:16
Yes, but I bet it wasn't French heavyweight gloss photo paper...

with a hint of garlic.... :D

Kymmy
20-01-2011, 17:31

The do last 10 years inthe UK as well..

What's the expiry on the licence? Does it expire early due to age or a medical condition??