PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline The Cape - season 1

Hugh
06-01-2011, 21:31
A new series starting Sunday in the US, The Cape (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izoostPpvnI&feature=player_embedded)

Summer Glau (geekasm!!!), Vinnie Jones, and one of the doctors from ER are in it.

DC Comics offers the opportunity to download the 1st hour of the show if you have an iPad and download their app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dc-comics/id378080432?mt=8) (haven't tried it, so don't know if it works in the UK).

Tezcatlipoca
06-01-2011, 22:58
Interesting. Not so sure about Vinnie Jones though! Good cast other than that: Summer Glau (of course), and Keith David (even if you don't recognise him, I think a lot of people will know his voice).

Let's just hope that it doesn't suffer the usual fate of a show which features Summer Glau though :erm:

Pierre
07-01-2011, 15:11
Interesting. Not so sure about Vinnie Jones though! Good cast other than that: Summer Glau (of course), and Keith David (even if you don't recognise him, I think a lot of people will know his voice).

Let's just hope that it doesn't suffer the usual fate of a show which features Summer Glau though :erm:

Looks like enjoyable hokum, I don't think the format has any longevity in it though.

Also Miss Glau doesn't exactly have a great record in the long running TV series stakes.

Flyboy
07-01-2011, 15:44

Not so sure that's her fault. Girlfriendless geeks will watch anything, if she's in it. :D

P.S. I loved the episode of Big Bang with her in it. Classic epsisode.

Tezcatlipoca
11-01-2011, 00:42
Hugh mentioned this recently in the SF Snippets thread.

New superhero drama, just started on NBC (the pilot was shown on Sunday, subsequent eps are shown on Mondays starting today).

Wikipedia - The Cape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cape_%282011_TV_series%29)

The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows Vince Faraday, an innocent police detective who is considering leaving the city's corrupt police force. He witnesses the murder of the city's new police chief by a mysterious individual known as "Chess"; soon after, he decides to work for the private security team of billionaire Peter Fleming, who is poised to take over the city's police department. An e-mail from the anonymous investigative blogger "Orwell" leads Faraday and his partner Marty Voyt to a cargo train equipped with weapons smuggled in by Fleming's corporation. Unfortunately, Voyt sets up Faraday and delivers him to Chess, who frames Faraday for the police chief's murder and sends the police after him in a chase that culminates in an explosion. The entire city (including Faraday's family) now believes that he was Chess and he died in the explosion. Vince actually survives and is saved by a circus ringleader [Max Malini] who trains him to use a special black cape to defend himself against his foes. The circus folk convince Faraday that he cannot reveal himself to his wife and son without endangering their lives, because if Chess found out that he was still alive then his family would be targeted. Faraday decides to fight Palm City's corruption and clear his name by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, "The Cape".

The Cape / Vince - David Lyons

Chess / Fleming - James Frain (recently seen as Franklin, the crazy English vampire in True Blood)

Max Malini - Keith David (The Arbiter in Halo, Anderson in Mass Effect, the General in Armageddon, Childs in The Thing, the Imam in Pitch Black / Riddick, Goliath in Gargoyles)

Rollo - Martin Klebba (Scrubs, Pirates)

Orwell - Summer Glau (various things which got cancelled :( )

Oh, and Vinnie Jones as "Scales" in the first ep...

It's ... enjoyable cheese.

Nothing amazing, but it helps fill the current gap in the schedules.

Paul
11-01-2011, 00:54
Hmmm. Im not sure about this. With all my other programmes returning in the next two weeks, I dont think I'll bother with this for the moment.

Kymmy
18-01-2011, 20:53
I downloaded the first two... watched the first one and deleted the 2nd without watching it :(

Tezcatlipoca
02-03-2011, 00:41
And like that... it was gone.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-cape-season-series-finale-19251/

Maybe, just maybe, a time will finally come, at some distant point in the future, when Summer Glau stars in something which doesn't get cancelled...

Paul
02-03-2011, 13:30
I downloaded the first two... watched the first one and deleted the 2nd without watching it :(
I didnt even do that. Having seen the general response to it last year, I decided it was a dead series and never bothered. Seems I was right.