PDA

View Full Version : Askmid

Gary L
10-01-2011, 18:04
Check if a car is on the insurance database. and whether the car with the suspicious man and woman in actually is a plain clothes police car as you suspected.

Download Failed (1)
http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Sirius
10-01-2011, 18:15
Check if a car is on the insurance database. and whether the car with the suspicious man and woman in actually is a plain clothes police car as you suspected.

Download Failed (1)

I take it you are not sure if the vehicle that has been outside your house for the last few days is a police car ;)

Gary L
10-01-2011, 18:22
I know now that it's a plain police car :)

I think someone at MID has a SOH. or they and the police think we're all idiots :D

vanman
10-01-2011, 18:26

Download Failed (1)

1. Enter your Vehicle Registration Number (VRN)
2. Data Protection Declaration and Vehicle Ownership Statement
I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry.
I confirm that: I have read and understood the data protection declaration, one of the options stated above applies to me and I agree to the terms of use as stated on this website.

Gary L
10-01-2011, 18:29
Thanks. I'll let the dog know.

vanman
10-01-2011, 19:06
Thanks. I'll let the dog know.
your barking up the wrong tree there.

Hom3r
10-01-2011, 19:48
Is it wrong to enter a number of a car where the driver has said that he will not ever get insurance, then report to the police?

MovedGoalPosts
10-01-2011, 20:03
The terms of use of the website seem quite specific and clearly worded as to what is and is not allowed. Gary L's initial post does not actually identify whcih vehicle he looked up. For all we know it could have been his own that he has decided is suspicious. It is for Gary, and indeed any other user of that website to remain within the lawful use of it. Hom3r's use wouldn't be valid. Having said that I'm surprised that you can apparently look up a vehicle without any verification of who you are.

Derek
11-01-2011, 01:03

:confused:

Where there does it say the vehicle is a police car?