PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Getting Fit This Year?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ignitionnet
08-01-2011, 21:15
Roll call!

Who is trimming down, or bulking up this year?

This thread is useless without before and after pics!

Me as of 5th January 2011.

Download Failed (1)

superbiatch
08-01-2011, 21:21
No photo's of me, but i do want to take up Zumba again and I'm quite partial to Kinect Sports. I lost 3kg before Christmas and I didn't put it on again but i'm continuing with Rosemary Conley to keep shifting those pounds ;)

Zing
08-01-2011, 22:27
You need to work on your traps dude lol
I will be fit by the end of the year all being well

alferret
08-01-2011, 22:34
I've started, dont know how well I'll do though. Done a 14k off road bike ride today to start things off :)

Gary L
08-01-2011, 23:56
Me as of 5th January 2011.

Where's the before pic?

Are you aiming to lose all that flab? :D

Derek
09-01-2011, 06:57
I've got two marathons planned for this year. Barcelona in March and London in April.

Depending how they go I might go for the Loch Ness one in October as well as the usual collection on 1/2 marathons and 10k's. Wanting to do a couple of triathlons as well this year.

Tinky
09-01-2011, 09:05
Me! It's this year or never to lose weight.

I've dieted all my life, every stupid diet from cabbage soup, to grapefruit and all the others in between. As from 6th January I have been paying special attention to what I eat (and drink), by cutting down on the fat and alcohol intake.

I have also signed up for a NHS 8 week course, which starts on the 12th January. Basically it's about nutrition and exercise.

I am doing this for myself for health reasons as I am finding it difficult to walk any distance. I am just taking one day at a time, it's said the longest journey begins with just one step. Good luck everyone, hope you achieve your goals, and keep us posted on your progress. :)

Ignitionnet
09-01-2011, 09:06
Where's the before pic?

Are you aiming to lose all that flab? :D

Correct - carry far too much of it!

ChrisLUFC22
09-01-2011, 15:12
Took up boxercise and running in the couple of months before Christmas - had to stop because of the weather - managed to lose a stone in about a month. So hopefully get back on track and get down to my target of 12st.

Tinky
11-01-2011, 11:43
For anyone who is interested in losing weight, I find this site quite helpful for keeping track of food and drink intake, weight, exercise etc.,

http://fitday.com/

Nugget
11-01-2011, 12:56
Started the light running again after a lengthy lay-off - just doing 2 miles every other day to start, but I've signed up to the MapMyRun '30in30 Challenge' - need to run 30 miles within 30 days, which should be the kick up the backside I need to properly get going again.

Uncle Peter
11-01-2011, 17:01
After hanging up the footie boots I've been clocking up 30-40k a week for the past 10 years and one of my knees is now beggared so be careful!

danielf
11-01-2011, 18:00
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs799.ash1/168978_10150376146890727_798095726_16843674_635651 0_n.jpg

Why don't you have a neck? :erm:

alferret
11-01-2011, 20:05
why don't you have a neck? :erm: rofl

borrissey
12-01-2011, 16:17

Maybe someone told him to wind his neck in...

Ravenheart
12-01-2011, 16:23
For anyone who is interested in losing weight, I find this site quite helpful for keeping track of food and drink intake, weight, exercise etc.,

http://fitday.com/

I saw a few folks recommending this one so signed up (free) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

This and Sports Active 2 seems to be helping already :)

Gary L
12-01-2011, 16:43
Maybe someone told him to wind his neck in...

Either that, or God didn't give him one :)

Tinky
12-01-2011, 20:27
I saw a few folks recommending this one so signed up (free) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

This and Sports Active 2 seems to be helping already :)

Thanks for that Ravenheart have Bookmarked that one for a gander later.

Went to the free 8 week 'Weight Matters' course today. Was somewhat apprehensive about what it entailed etc. However it turned out to be really quite interesting. We were a fairly eclectic bunch (10 of us) but all had one thing in common, to lose weight. I was probably the oldest person there but happily I wasn't the largest. They stressed that there was no pressure to lose weight as that was not the purpose of the course. The purpose is to make us re-evaluate our lifestyles, and in the process change our way of looking at food and exercise. Too long to explain the ins and outs, but at the end of the 8 weeks I'm hoping I will have the mindset to be able to accomplish a significant weight loss this year........................ ok, ok but at least I am trying! :D

By the by have lost 6 lbs since last Thursday, trying not to get too excited as most of that is probably just fluid and excess due to Christmas binging. But it is a start. Just hope I can keep it up. :)

Halcyon
12-01-2011, 22:11
Zumba started again for me today.
It's briliant and really doesnt feel like you are doing exercise and is a fusion of dancing, aerobics, dance, and beats. See here for more info:

http://www.zumba.com/us/

borrissey
13-01-2011, 00:00
Zumba started again for me today.
It's briliant and really doesnt feel like you are doing exercise and is a fusion of dancing, aerobics, dance, and beats. See here for more info:

http://www.zumba.com/us/

You can get a zumba game for the PS3 it supports PS move as well.

Ignitionnet
13-01-2011, 11:28

I'm looking downwards into the phone which hides it.

superbiatch
13-01-2011, 11:34
You can get a zumba game for the PS3 it supports PS move as well.

And the Xbox Kinect too :)

Although I do feel they are priced high, so i'll be keeping an eye out for them reducing and int he meantime dancig my butt off in my class :D

Good luck Tinky, You're doing fab!

Good luck also to anyone else aiming to get fit or lose a few pounds this year. Remember its not a diet, its a lifestyle change - something that keeps me going ;)

Tinky
13-01-2011, 13:57
Good luck Tinky, You're doing fab!

Good luck also to anyone else aiming to get fit or lose a few pounds this year. Remember its not a diet, its a lifestyle change - something that keeps me going ;)

Thank you Super! I think that going to this class will help keep me focused, especially on the weight part. I am now finding myself looking at the ingredients on food packaging and also I plan to do more walking. They weigh you and take your waist measurement at the first meeting, so although they tell you it's not about losing weight, you sort of feel obliged to watch the calories.

How is everyone else doing? Let's hear how you are/aren't getting on.

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-01-2011, 15:14
Started the light running again after a lengthy lay-off - just doing 2 miles every other day to start, but I've signed up to the MapMyRun '30in30 Challenge' - need to run 30 miles within 30 days, which should be the kick up the backside I need to properly get going again.

dont matter what u do, you'll never look good ;)

Nugget
13-01-2011, 16:29
dont matter what u do, you'll never look good ;)

No, but I can still look better :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-01-2011, 17:15
No, but I can still look better :D

ahhh yes, cos u look ill ;)

Halcyon
13-01-2011, 18:34
The latest craze at work is running for 30 seconds very intensely and doing that for about 4 minutes 3 times a week.

Apparently it is meant to be the same as going on a massive run.

Tinky
13-01-2011, 19:12
The latest craze at work is running for 30 seconds very intensely and doing that for about 4 minutes 3 times a week.

All depends on your level of fitness Hal. I decided I'd try running on the spot during the TV adverts, nearly did myself in lol!:D

Ravenheart
19-01-2011, 19:37
6lbs lost so far, with the combination of watching the calories etc on the myfitnesspal food diary and EA Sports Active 2 :D

Tinky
19-01-2011, 20:05
:clap: Well done Ravenheart!
I went to my second 'Weight Matters' course today and have lost 3 and 1/2lbs this week. Got to keep positive. I reckon I have lost 9lbs in total since 6th January. But I have got a long, long way to go. My aim is to be more active, hopefully the weather will be kind, and I will be able to do more walking. I find that when I get peckish I have a cup of homemade veg soup; tides me over till my main meal at night. Thing is not to feel deprived, I have what I usually have, but I just cut down on the portions. Seems to be working so far, long may it last.:shrug: :)

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 20:20
6lbs lost so far, with the combination of watching the calories etc on the myfitnesspal food diary and EA Sports Active 2 :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/01/52.gif Ravenheart. That is fantastic :D

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

:clap: Well done Ravenheart!
I went to my second 'Weight Matters' course today and have lost 3 and 1/2lbs this week. Got to keep positive. I reckon I have lost 9lbs in total since 6th January. But I have got a long, long way to go. My aim is to be more active, hopefully the weather will be kind, and I will be able to do more walking. I find that when I get peckish I have a cup of homemade veg soup; tides me over till my main meal at night. Thing is not to feel deprived, I have what I usually have, but I just cut down on the portions. Seems to be working so far, long may it last.:shrug: :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/01/52.gif to you Tinkey as well. ;)

Ravenheart
19-01-2011, 20:21
Well done Tinky :)

Did folks see the repeat of the BBC's 10 things to know about losing weight? Soup was mentioned as a great lunchtime food as it takes longer to digest than a meal and a few glasses of water separately

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 20:25
I started to do the walking but the weather has start to get bad again with frost and ice in the evenings I have had to stop for awhile but will pick up again when the weather gets better

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Well done Tinky :)

Did folks see the repeat of the BBC's 10 things to know about losing weight? Soup was mentioned as a great lunchtime food as it takes longer to digest than a meal and a few glasses of water separately

I'm not a great lover of soup but one I'm willing to try. Any particular kind of soup Raveheart?

Ravenheart
19-01-2011, 20:35
They said chunky soup was the best, they also mentioned that low fat dairy products can also help us get rid of more fat, which I found interesting as dairy is often seen as a nono when on a healthier diet.

Seems the programme is no longer available on iPlayer which is a shame as it was really interesting http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ksh7c

The top tips from the programme are as follows:

Here are the ten things that Michael Mosley thinks you should know about losing weight:

o 1. Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast, as it makes you crave more higher calorie food.
o 2. Use smaller plates to control portion size.
o 3. Count your calories.
o 4. Don’t blame your metabolism.
o 5. Protein staves off hunger pangs.
o 6. Soup keeps you fuller for longer.
o 7. The wider the choice, the more you eat.
o 8. Low fat dairy actually helps you excrete more fat.
o 9. Exercise goes on burning fat even while you sleep.
o 10. Keep moving and lose weight – Just keep active.

Tinky
19-01-2011, 20:46
I started to do the walking but the weather has start to get bad again with frost and ice in the evenings I have had to stop for awhile but will pick up again when the weather gets better

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

I'm not a great lover of soup but one I'm willing to try. Any particular kind of soup Raveheart?

So easy to make your own pot of soup Defirish. Carrot ,turnip, onion + small potato, in fact any veg simmered in approx 3pints water with chicken, or beef stock. If no stock, then stock cubes are just as good. Most supermarkets do ready diced veg these days. Very filling. Sometimes I use as a base a couple of packets of cup-a-soup tomato flavour for example, then add the previous veg.

and Ravenheart I missed the programme you are talking about, sounded really interesting. I have been watching 'the biggest loser', that has been opened my eyes.

Congrats Ravenheart on your 1000th post!

MK1
19-01-2011, 20:52
Whatever you do if you are trying to lose weight don't eat bread.

Ravenheart
19-01-2011, 21:07
Whatever you do if you are trying to lose weight don't eat bread.

I was stunned when I saw the calories in bread, I think it was my downfall as when my RA is bad I'd often have a couple of sandwiches, amazing to think that 1 sandwich can have the same calories as a full chicken dinner with potatoes and veg.

Keep up the great work folks :)

Tinky
19-01-2011, 21:18
You don't have to give up bread entirely (one of my favourite foods apart from potatoes) Nimble is only 49 calories per slice and 0.1grams of saturated fat.

Ravenheart
19-01-2011, 21:24
Found the programme on YouTube :)

Part 1 of 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVSDHwA6nFw

There's links from there to the other parts. Hope this helps :)

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 22:15
So easy to make your own pot of soup Defirish. Carrot ,turnip, onion + small potato, in fact any veg simmered in approx 3pints water with chicken, or beef stock. If no stock, then stock cubes are just as good. Most supermarkets do ready diced veg these days. Very filling. Sometimes I use as a base a couple of packets of cup-a-soup tomato flavour for example, then add the previous veg.

and Ravenheart I missed the programme you are talking about, sounded really interesting. I have been watching 'the biggest loser', that has been opened my eyes.

Congrats Ravenheart on your 1000th post!

Thanks so much for that Tinkey. That is really useful and one I will be trying out tomorrow. :D:D

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Found the programme on YouTube :)

Part 1 of 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVSDHwA6nFw

There's links from there to the other parts. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the link Raveheart. Some really useful stuff in that and very good ideas as well ;)

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

You don't have to give up bread entirely (one of my favourite foods apart from potatoes) Nimble is only 49 calories per slice and 0.1grams of saturated fat.

I love bread and potatoes as well and would find it hard to give them both up :(

Mr_love_monkey
19-01-2011, 22:18
I am trying to lose some weight too - aiming to go to the gym atleast once a week (I'd like to do more, but work, kids, etc, get in the way) - I've also stopped drinking my 2 to 3 pints of milk a day, having discovered that it was worth 500 to 700 calories a day

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 22:19
I was told to drink more low fat milk as I need to have the protien :shocked:

Mr_love_monkey
19-01-2011, 22:20
losing weight will also make 'Little_love_monkey' look bigger too :)

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

I was told to drink more low fat milk as I need to have the protien :shocked:

I could make a very crude joke here...

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 22:22

Or little_love_monkey could lost the weight with you :D:D

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

I dare you :D:D:D:D

Mr_love_monkey
19-01-2011, 22:24
Or little_love_monkey could lost the weight with you :D:D
I hope not! - he'll vanish!

I dare you :D:D:D:D
soooo tempting...

danielf
19-01-2011, 22:25

Time to crack open the masculout...

Sasha222
19-01-2011, 22:25
I bet...........................:D:D:D:D:D:D

MK1
19-01-2011, 22:46
I was stunned when I saw the calories in bread, I think it was my downfall as when my RA is bad I'd often have a couple of sandwiches, amazing to think that 1 sandwich can have the same calories as a full chicken dinner with potatoes and veg.

Keep up the great work folks :)

Not only is bread high in calories it also bloats your stomach because of the yeast and flour in it.

Tinky
20-01-2011, 09:22
It's not about giving up bread or potatoes or whatever, it's about cutting down. If you cut out what you like you will soon tire of your diet. Aim to lose a modest amount even if just 1/2lb per week, over the year that is 26lbs! So really what I am saying is it's about changing our eating habits, and being more aware of our intake, and also trying to be more active. :soapbox: Hopefully we can stick at it this year, and keep us posted on your progress peeps!:)

Sasha222
20-01-2011, 14:45
I've cut down on my portion size and also cut out take aways I used to get once a week and also cut out chocolate and have being doing exercises around the house until the weather improves again and I can take up my walking again. No more I can do I dont think. :erm:

Ravenheart
26-01-2011, 00:09
Another lb lost last week (as I was away for a few days, and tried to be good but fell down on the Sunday lunch)

Another EA Sports Active workout done tonight, which burnt off another 200 calories :)

How is everyone else doing?

Tinky
26-01-2011, 08:24
I've lost another 1lb that makes a total of 10lbs since 6th January, sounds a lot, but I have a lot to lose. I'm trying to stay determined, as, according to what they have told us the average time for giving up diets is after the 4th week.

I also intend to walk into town today (approx 1 and 1/2 miles) as I have the WM meeting today. We are being shown how to cook healthier meals.

Stay positive everyone, keep up the good work your doing great!

Keep us posted on your progress wont you? :)

Nugget
26-01-2011, 12:04
I haven't been monitoring my weight at all, purely as I'm looking at getting back into the running - I'll be back on the treadmill tonight, but I'm back up to 3 miles in around 28 minutes, which'll do nicely.

Probably weigh myself at the start of February, and take it from there :)

Uncle Peter
26-01-2011, 16:56
I haven't been monitoring my weight at all, purely as I'm looking at getting back into the running - I'll be back on the treadmill tonight, but I'm back up to 3 miles in around 28 minutes, which'll do nicely.

Probably weigh myself at the start of February, and take it from there :)

That's pretty good if you've not been running for a while. I was struggling to get back up to break the 20 minute 5K after coming back from a knee injury. It can be really difficult to up a level when you're doing steady treadmill running so started doing some interval training every other day and within 2-3 weeks managed to get back to consistent times again. Give it a go?

Nugget
26-01-2011, 17:32
That's pretty good if you've not been running for a while. I was struggling to get back up to break the 20 minute 5K after coming back from a knee injury. It can be really difficult to up a level when you're doing steady treadmill running so started doing some interval training every other day and within 2-3 weeks managed to get back to consistent times again. Give it a go?

That's actually what I'm building up to - it'd actually been several months since I'd done any running, so I'm currently using the treadmill to build up my stamina again.

Once it starts staying light until around 6, I'll be going back out to run so I can do the interval stuff then - I reckon that'll give me about another 6 weeks maybe, then I can concentrate on increasing my distances as well. I want to try and do a 10k this year as, if I don't have a targte, I know that I'll just get bored of it again :)

Anyway, I started that '30 in 30' challenge on the 8th of this month, and todays 3 miles has got me up to 19.1 in total, so I've got 13 days left, and only 11 miles for the total - quite happy with that :)

Ignitionnet
26-01-2011, 18:06

:rofl:

If only it were that easy!

dave6x
26-01-2011, 18:34
Last July my wife decided she would like a dog, so we got a Borador puppy (Border Collie/Labrador Cross), what has that to do with weight and fitness you may ask?

Although I was reasonably reasonably fit and not overweight, with the additional three dog walks/day usually totalling at least 5-6miles plus things like playing with the dog with a ball I now weigh 8lbs less and feel fitter than I have done for several years and all with no reduction in food or drink (just as well since I love a pint or 3 of Real Ale but I do always walk to and from the pub!)

Sasha222
26-01-2011, 19:04
I'm doing my gentlle walking and will build it up slowely. I dont weigh myself as that would put me right of and I would get impatient as well. I'm hoping that the stone I have to lose I will have lost it if I keep up the walking. Congrats to you all on the progress your making https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/01/32.gif

Tuftus
27-01-2011, 00:15
Well, the Mrs got me a Nintendo Wii with Wii Fit Plus for my Birthday yesterday... It said i was pretty good BMI wise (22.5) but you could always do better right?

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 00:21
Well, the Mrs got me a Nintendo Wii with Wii Fit Plus for my Birthday yesterday... It said i was pretty good BMI wise (22.5) but you could always do better right?

Did you find the Wii fit plus good?

Tuftus
27-01-2011, 00:55
Did you find the Wii fit plus good?

Yes, once you get used to the Nintendo way of doing things. I find it hard to back out of stuff or find a place to 'save' so you can revisit etc

Tips please!!!!

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 01:03
I dont have an Nitendo wii but really want one and loads of people have told me that Its not good and the wii fit plus is usless as well so thats why I asked you. Would you recommend it as a good buy?

---------- Post added 27-01-2011 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 26-01-2011 at 23:58 ----------

Yes, once you get used to the Nintendo way of doing things. I find it hard to back out of stuff or find a place to 'save' so you can revisit etc

Tips please!!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100104061207AA7M7kC

I found this for you. Hope it helps.

Tuftus
27-01-2011, 13:28
I dont have an Nitendo wii but really want one and loads of people have told me that Its not good and the wii fit plus is usless as well so thats why I asked you. Would you recommend it as a good buy?

---------- Post added 27-01-2011 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 26-01-2011 at 23:58 ----------

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100104061207AA7M7kC

I found this for you. Hope it helps.

Cheers for that,

It is a bit of a giggle really, the main benefit for me is that I really do not want to join a gym so being able to do stuff in my own front room is a plus.

It looks like there are some good games for it too :D

Caff
27-01-2011, 17:26
OP - me :D
I think I live fairly healthily but need to cut out some harmful stuff, and I'm onto that, plus I'm taking up something I haven't done for years - it's swimming :D (have to be able to time myself, swim the width of the pool underwater and plain enjoy the water). My local pool is olympic-sized so I'm very fortunate.

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 18:00
I can swim..............like a stone :D:D but I was told to go to the pool and walk up and down to fix my dodgy back :erm:

Caff
27-01-2011, 18:17
I can swim..............like a stone :D:D but I was told to go to the pool and walk up and down to fix my dodgy back :erm:

I'm a complete fish :D
Swimming is such a great therapy for exercising as gently as you want to.
I found salsa lessions good for my dodgy back and far cheaper than regular chiro appointments and a lot more fun :D

Get that cossie on Lass! :)

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 18:27
I cant do the length of the pool and just go in to the childrens end :D:D I dont like going under water either :( so walking in the pool has to be my option

Caff
27-01-2011, 18:40
I cant do the length of the pool and just go in to the childrens end :D:D I dont like going under water either :( so walking in the pool has to be my option

Just enjoy the support of the water and move around. :) You could float on your back and just let your arms, or legs, or both do the work. Failing that, I'm just going to get that flight and drag you into the water aren't I? :D
Is there a saline swimming pool near you? I think that's exactly what you'd enjoy.

Tinky
27-01-2011, 19:20
Just enjoy the support of the water and move around. :) You could float on your back and just let your arms, or legs, or both do the work. Failing that, I'm just going to get that flight and drag you into the water aren't I? :D
Is there a saline swimming pool near you? I think that's exactly what you'd enjoy.

That's a good idea Caff, swimming apparently exercises all your muscles. I may make enquiries about opening times etc at our local pool.

Today I walked to the doctor's surgery (car is in for MOT). I have been wearing my new pedometer all day and surprisingly I've taken 6826 steps, which used up 205 calories and is equal to 4.778 Km. :) There was me thinking I did no exercise. I'm going to make a habit of wearing it and see if I can beat the total.

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 19:32
I must invest in the pedometer as well as they are very good. Well done Tinkey. Your doing fantastic :D

Tinky
27-01-2011, 19:40
I must invest in the pedometer as well as they are very good. Well done Tinkey. Your doing fantastic :D

I can recommend it deffy, it will give me a daily target to aim for. :)

Did anyone watch the channel 4 programme last night 'Will my crash diet kill me?' http://www.channel4.com/programmes/will-my-crash-diet-kill-me/articles/lighter-life

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 19:42
No I missed that but will watch it on 4od when Its available. Thanks Tinkey for that. Also they might repeat it on more 4

Caff
27-01-2011, 19:51
Thank you Tinky.

Inch by inch we walk the mile - or something like that :D

Ravenheart
27-01-2011, 19:57
Swimming is a really good low impact exercise and especially beneficial to anyone who has any musculoskeletal problems who will benefit from swimming or even just doing exercises in the water. You often find that some council run pools can be a little chilly, which doesn't help if you're a bit creaky, often hotels/gym have warmer water in their pools, or see if a local hospital has open hydro pool sessions.

Have a look online for free pedometers, a lot of organisations/companies often give them away

Keep up the great work folks :D

Edit: Free pack for walking including a pedometer here though it seems to be restricted to certain areas at the moment
http://www.getwalking.org/get-walking-pack/

Tinky
27-01-2011, 20:22
Thank you Tinky.

Inch by inch we walk the mile - or something like that :D

Aye Caff something like that, in my case probably waddle would be a better description lol!

Swimming is a really good low impact exercise and especially beneficial to anyone who has any musculoskeletal problems who will benefit from swimming or even just doing exercises in the water. You often find that some council run pools can be a little chilly, which doesn't help if you're a bit creaky, often hotels/gym have warmer water in their pools, or see if a local hospital has open hydro pool sessions.

Have a look online for free pedometers, a lot of organisations/companies often give them away

Keep up the great work folks :D

Edit: Free pack for walking including a pedometer here though it seems to be restricted to certain areas at the moment
http://www.getwalking.org/get-walking-pack/

Thanks for that info Ravenheart, doesn't look like they do the packs down here with the free pedometer. However I just bought one on Wednesday only cost £2.99 so didn't break the bank.

Good luck everyone with all your efforts, hope we can all continue to support each other and reach our desired targets this year! Keep us posted won't you? :)

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 20:24
Sure will and I will weigh myself in six months and let you all know if I have lost any weight. I was told I had to lose a stone :(

Caff
27-01-2011, 20:29
http://www.getwalking.org/get-walking-pack/[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it :)
And I agree about the temperature. Warmer water is a good idea if you're not just trying to beat your last times.

budwieser
27-01-2011, 22:00
I`ve heard that getting in a few lengths is supposed to be good for you. !:D

Sasha222
27-01-2011, 22:03
Well come Monday I will be be going to the pool and doing exercises even if Its only walking in the water. I'm hoping that it will sort out my back

Caff
27-01-2011, 22:26
I`ve heard that getting in a few lengths is supposed to be good for you. !:D

What??? And underwater and holding your breath too???

You go Deffy and let us know how you get on :tu:

Sasha222
28-01-2011, 00:51
I hate the calorie counting. Any easy way of doing it?

Sasha222
28-01-2011, 01:36
If I cut out anymore I may as well lie down and die :(

Caff
28-01-2011, 01:51
If I cut out anymore I may as well lie down and die :(

No!!!
Do some fun exercise and - just do stuff really - I lost 3 stone lately by stress (not good) and just eating sensibly (you get used to it) do it with me and have a cream cake afterwards :)
Step by step Lass - it doesn't have to happen in one day :)

Sasha222
28-01-2011, 01:52
Thats the one good thing I hate cake

Caff
28-01-2011, 01:55
Thats the one good thing I hate cake
I'm giggling me socks off. I don't have a sweet tooth either.

OK - me/you pool and then zumba? Or a pillow fight on the drive?

Tinky
28-01-2011, 19:25
:( Today's been a bit of a failure.................checking pedometer..........only 3560 steps taken today. Tried to go for another walk but my hip bones hurt so much, must have overdone it these past few days. No time to give up, must stay positive.

Sasha222
28-01-2011, 19:37
Oh sorry to hear that Tinkey. I had to have a day of as well and not do anything as I had a bit of swelling in my back but due to rest and pain killers the swelling is going down. Your doing fantastic Tinkey and well done :hugs::hugs:

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

I'm giggling me socks off. I don't have a sweet tooth either.

OK - me/you pool and then zumba? Or a pillow fight on the drive?

Yep of to the pool with me on Monday for def.

Ravenheart
28-01-2011, 19:43
:( Today's been a bit of a failure.................checking pedometer..........only 3560 steps taken today. Tried to go for another walk but my hip bones hurt so much, must have overdone it these past few days. No time to give up, must stay positive.

Hey Tinky, don't think that way! you've done what you could, and overdoing things is no good for anyone. Any movement or moderate exercise is beneficial so don't go writing today off! Hope the joints ease off :)

Tinky
28-01-2011, 20:34
Oh sorry to hear that Tinkey. I had to have a day of as well and not do anything as I had a bit of swelling in my back but due to rest and pain killers the swelling is going down. Your doing fantastic Tinkey and well done :hugs::hugs:

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Yep of to the pool with me on Monday for def.

Sorry about your back Deffy, maybe we are too keen and expect too much too soon, and we need to slow down on our efforts, like Caff says one small step at a time.

Hey Tinky, don't think that way! you've done what you could, and overdoing things is no good for anyone. Any movement or moderate exercise is beneficial so don't go writing today off! Hope the joints ease off :)

Thanks so much Ravenheart, maybe I expect too much from my megre efforts. If I am to carry on I will have to accept that I will have good days and bad. The crunch may come if I step on the scales and find I have put on weight. But let's not go there.:erm: Tomorrow is another day. I think if we can keep encouraging each other in times of weakness, maybe, just maybe, with a shed load of luck we will manage to achieve our goals.

Thanks for the support peeps!

Sasha222
28-01-2011, 20:44
I have learned my lesson and I'm going to take it in small steps. There is great support on here so thats all we need. The best time to weigh yourself Tinkey is in the moring before you have anything to eat

Ravenheart
29-01-2011, 13:53
Hey!

How is everyone today? hope the creakiness has subsided in everyone. Great support on here I've found the folks on the myfitnesspal forum encouraging too.

Have a great weekend!

Derek
29-01-2011, 15:12
After the ice and snow have finally completely gone my local Parkrun was back to it's usual hilly course today.

For anyone training for any running distance or just wanting a bit of encouragement I'd recommend it. It's only 5K, it's open to all levels and free of charge.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/

Ravenheart
29-01-2011, 15:21
Thanks for that link Derek, while I'm not able to run, I've passed it on to some friends who do a few 5 & 10K runs. :)

Sasha222
29-01-2011, 20:25
Hey!

How is everyone today? hope the creakiness has subsided in everyone. Great support on here I've found the folks on the myfitnesspal forum encouraging too.

Have a great weekend!

Aftet having to rest for the last two days I done a gentle walk today and have booked myself in for the swimming pool on Monday Wednesday and Friday and Saturday afternoon so looking forward to that. I will only be walking in the water but Its something and will help with the pain in my back as well. So all good so far. I enjoyed the walk today even do it was just a short one. Thanks Raverheart :D:D

Ravenheart
29-01-2011, 20:56
I've got a sheet of exercises from when I was having my hydro sessions at the rheumatology unit, I'll see if I can dig it out and scan it.

Of course you don't need any joint or other problems to benefit from exercising in water, the water supports the joints and increases resistance making the exercises a little harder.

Water exercising can be quite tiring, hope it all goes well defirish :)

EDIT: Hmm sheet isn't in the folder I thought it was..

Here's some exercises listed online a few of which were on the sheet I had. Hope this helps. If you're unsure about doing any of these always ask your GP or specialist/nurse. :)

Back pain warm water exercises (http://www.ehow.co.uk/way_5638098_hydrotherapy-exercises-back-pain.html) 10 exercises to get fit in water (http://www.womenfitness.net/fitinwater.htm)

Sasha222
29-01-2011, 21:03
Thanks so much Ravenheart. I was speaking to the girl from the pool today and was explaining the injury to my back and she said that they willl give me exercises to do and she said for the start 20mins is more than enough as well to start with and then I can build it the exercises when I feel my back getting stronger so looking forward to it

Ravenheart
29-01-2011, 21:05
Aye the hydro sessions were no longer than 20 mins at first. Was wiped out when I got out, but no doubt of the benefit :)

Keep us posted how you get on!

Sasha222
29-01-2011, 21:08
I sure will. I start at half 10 on Monday and will do my gentle walk as well tomorrow also as dont want to put my back out again and be in pain and not be able to do anything for two days. I was bored to death.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Sorry about your back Deffy, maybe we are too keen and expect too much too soon, and we need to slow down on our efforts, like Caff says one small step at a time.

Thanks so much Ravenheart, maybe I expect too much from my megre efforts. If I am to carry on I will have to accept that I will have good days and bad. The crunch may come if I step on the scales and find I have put on weight. But let's not go there.:erm: Tomorrow is another day. I think if we can keep encouraging each other in times of weakness, maybe, just maybe, with a shed load of luck we will manage to achieve our goals.

Thanks for the support peeps!

Hows your hip today Tinkey? I hope your feeling a lot better :hugs:

Caff
30-01-2011, 03:13
Thanks so much Ravenheart. I was speaking to the girl from the pool today and was explaining the injury to my back and she said that they willl give me exercises to do and she said for the start 20mins is more than enough as well to start with and then I can build it the exercises when I feel my back getting stronger so looking forward to it

Aye the hydro sessions were no longer than 20 mins at first. Was wiped out when I got out, but no doubt of the benefit :)

Keep us posted how you get on!

Just don't do what I do which is to stay in so very long that I get used to the support and then find it difficult to get out again, and stagger as gracefully as I can to the changing rooms :D

Sasha222
30-01-2011, 10:59
No fear of that Caff as I'm only allowed 20mins tops.

Sasha222
30-01-2011, 20:00
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/01/4.gif Wonder could I do this if I eat milk chocolate. :( I really really really want to have chocolate https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/04/28.gif :(

Tinky
30-01-2011, 20:22
Lol Deffy don't deprive yourself, just cut down. Fortunately for me I don't have a sweet tooth, I never buy chocolate or sweets, and I don't eat biscuits, cakes, puddings, gateaux etc.

Sasha222
30-01-2011, 20:25
The milk chocolate is my weakness so I opted for the dark chocolate but not the very dark chocolate and I only eat a small bit of it. I got a present of these and I cant just stop at one and before I know it I have the box finished and then feeling sick :(:(:(

Mr_love_monkey
30-01-2011, 20:26
crisps are my downfall.

(well that and beer).

I acutally think my stomach leaves my body each night and goes down stairs and eats to thwart my dieting plans

Tinky
30-01-2011, 20:32
I'm finding myself beginning to waver this last two or three days, possibly because I have not lost any more weight. This is the hard part, keeping positive. I've come this far, I know I can't lapse back to my old ways, but it's hard. Gonna try a new tack tomorrow, and see if I can kick start things again. Getting the old hair done tomorrow, perhaps that will perk me up again.

Sasha222
30-01-2011, 20:32
I dont even like crisps and for two weeks I just had to have them on bread. Those chocolates are staring me really bad. They are starting to annoy me now. I think also my stomach has a midnight feast when I'm asleep. I dont drink so that is a bonus for me :D:D:D

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 15:32
Done my first day at the pool and done the walking for 25mins and feel so good now for doing it.

pabscars
31-01-2011, 15:40
Well I started my diet last Monday, and did an impromptu weigh in last night and I've lost 5lb.

Just another 23lb to go and I will be happy,

maybe a little gaunt but happy :)

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 15:41
Congratulations on the loss. That is so good. I'm hoping with my exercise in the pool will help as well.

Ravenheart
31-01-2011, 15:49
Done my first day at the pool and done the walking for 25mins and feel so good now for doing it.

That's great, the post exercise buzz is always nice. Well done :D

Well I started my diet last Monday, and did an impromptu weigh in last night and I've lost 5lb.

Just another 23lb to go and I will be happy,

maybe a little gaunt but happy :)

Well done Pabs :D

I've shed another 1lb so that's 8 so far. The Sports Active sessions are getting easier and I've found some nice recipes to try too.

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 15:52
It didn't even feel like a workout just walking up and down in the pool and it also helped my back as well which is also good news. I had only booked in for Today Wednesday and Sat but going to do this every day

Chris
31-01-2011, 15:57
I lost 10lbs in the first 7 days doing Slim Fast, but only 1lb in the second week. I'm getting the impression that it only works if you religiously count the calories in your 'sensible' main evening meal ... and avoid staying overnight at your in-laws' house and being given sausage and bacon rolls for breakfast on Saturday morning. :erm: :D

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Oh and exercise. Lots of it.

pabscars
31-01-2011, 15:59
thanks peeps, my goal is to loose it before November when my daughter is getting married, and I don't want to be seen to be having an arse you could park a bike in.

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 16:00
I hate the counting of calories so dont bother. I have just cut down on my portion size and cut out eating milk chocolate and eat a tiny bit of the dark one and after that not much I can do only just do the exercises now in the pool and hope for the best :D:D

Ravenheart
31-01-2011, 16:01
I don't want to be seen to be having an arse you could park a bike in.

OMG You've seen that pic of me abseiling haven't you :shocked: <giggle>

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 16:02
thanks peeps, my goal is to loose it before November when my daughter is getting married, and I don't want to be seen to be having an arse you could park a bike in.

You will do it no problem and feel healtier for it as well. There is great support here as well :hugs:

pabscars
31-01-2011, 16:05
You will do it no problem and feel healtier for it as well. There is great support here as well :hugs:

Sweet comments thanks very much, now if only you could live in my fridge with a stun gun at the ready.

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 16:10
Put a photo up on the fridge door and also have in your wardrobe what you want to fit into at the wedding and when your tempted look at the photo and also the outfit and that should hopefully work for you. Did you ever look at the biggest loser? Its really good for getting tips

pabscars
31-01-2011, 16:17
OMG You've seen that pic of me abseiling haven't you :shocked: <giggle>

Cant say I have

Well I'm no gynaecologist but I'll have a ruddy good look at it for ya :shocked::shocked:

Couldnt resist sorry :D

Chris
31-01-2011, 16:54

I don't think losing it by November is likely to be your problem (unless you're very, very overweight) ... more likely the risk is losing it, then getting complacent and putting it back on again.

You need to work on the lifestyle changes at this point, as much as the dieting. Think about the errands you could on foot rather than in the car, that sort of thing.

Nugget
31-01-2011, 16:56
Well, I did another 3 miles yesterday, so I'm currently at 22 out of the 30 that I need to do to complete the challenge - couple of days off, then finish it by the end of the week :)

After that, I may actually weigh myself, and take it from there

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 18:24
Well, I did another 3 miles yesterday, so I'm currently at 22 out of the 30 that I need to do to complete the challenge - couple of days off, then finish it by the end of the week :)

After that, I may actually weigh myself, and take it from there

What challenge are you doing Nugger? Is it one for yourself?

pabscars
31-01-2011, 19:00
I don't think losing it by November is likely to be your problem (unless you're very, very overweight) ... more likely the risk is losing it, then getting complacent and putting it back on again.

You need to work on the lifestyle changes at this point, as much as the dieting. Think about the errands you could on foot rather than in the car, that sort of thing.

Your absolutely right Chris, I'm not very overweight, well I don't think I am and loosing 2 stone in total should do me just right, that gets me back to my fighting weight as I like to call it.

I'm reasonably active in the summer and can easily loose a stone, so keeping it off for a while shouldn't be too difficult.

The problem arises in the winter when I'm a bit more house bound but one step at a time for now.

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 19:03
I have to lose a stone so hopefully I can lose that as well with the exercises I will be doing in the pool.

Tinky
31-01-2011, 20:03
Keep up the good work everyone, seems like most of us are doing well. I think I have come to a plateau, as the scales do not appear to be moving. I am trying different things today, for example I had porridge for breakfast. Normally would have two slices of nimble with tomato and low cal cheese spread. It will be four weeks on Thursday since I started cutting down, if I can just lose 1lb this week I will be well chuffed.:)

Sasha222
31-01-2011, 20:08
Sometimes there is a stall in losing the weight so dont get disheartned tinkey as your doing fab and well done

Nugget
01-02-2011, 13:54
What challenge are you doing Nugger? Is it one for yourself?

It's the 30 in 30 challenge on the MapMyRun website - as simple as it sounds, I need to run 30 miles in 30 days. I'm at 22 with 6 days to go, so I may even attempt a sneaky (and slow!) 4 miles tonight :)

Sasha222
01-02-2011, 14:06
Thanks nugget for explaining that to me. Well done you. ;)

Sasha222
01-02-2011, 18:17
Done nearly an hour in the pool today and walked half a mile after that. Feel really pleased with myself

Jimmy-J
01-02-2011, 18:35
I'm getting very fat this year. :D

Wayfair
01-02-2011, 18:36
Done nearly an hour in the pool today and walked half a mile after that. Feel really pleased with myself

And so you should, well done indeedy :)

Sasha222
01-02-2011, 18:38
And so you should, well done indeedy :)

Thank you so much Wayfair. I cant belive how unfit I was after getting but my aim now is to keep going

Ravenheart
01-02-2011, 18:59

Wow well done! And you're right to feel pleased :)

Sasha222
01-02-2011, 19:01
Thanks so much Ravenheart.

Tinky
01-02-2011, 19:13

Well done that girl! At this rate you will be entering for the London marathon lol!

I have my class tomorrow, and hopefully they will have remembered to bring the scales with them this time. I'm not looking forward to it, the subject is Move more -Physical activity :erm:, hope that doesn't mean they will have us prancing around like a bunch of whats-its? :D

Ramrod
01-02-2011, 19:14
I'm going for being able to do one arm chin ups by the end of the year :disturbd: :)

Ravenheart
01-02-2011, 19:19
I have my class tomorrow, and hopefully they will have remembered to bring the scales with them this time. I'm not looking forward to it, the subject is Move more -Physical activity :erm:, hope that doesn't mean they will have us prancing around like a bunch of whats-its? :D

Hope it goes well tomorrow Tinky, we had a nutritionist/fitness trainer at one of our RA group meetings last year, he stressed that even just doing a bit more moving about is beneficial, I think they showed that in the BBC show I linked to as well.

Keep your spirits up folks, you're all doing great :D Keep up the great work!

Sasha222
01-02-2011, 19:25
Well done that girl! At this rate you will be entering for the London marathon lol!

I think I'm a long way from the marathon Tinkey but I feel better now for starting.

Good luck with the classes Tinkey. They will probably having you do a couple of these Download Failed (1) https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/82.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/83.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/84.gif :D:D:D

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

I'm going for being able to do one arm chin ups by the end of the year :disturbd: :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/83.gif :erm:

Tinky
02-02-2011, 08:58
Hope it goes well tomorrow Tinky, we had a nutritionist/fitness trainer at one of our RA group meetings last year, he stressed that even just doing a bit more moving about is beneficial, I think they showed that in the BBC show I linked to as well.

Keep your spirits up folks, you're all doing great :D Keep up the great work!

Thank you and I echo your sentiments Ravenheart!

I think I'm a long way from the marathon Tinkey but I feel better now for starting.

Good luck with the classes Tinkey. They will probably having you do a couple of these http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n314/cindyinderry/z76021311.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/82.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/83.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/84.gif :D:D:D

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/83.gif :erm:

Lol Deffy the mind boggles.:D If we had to do all that they'd have to call an ambulance, well for me at any rate.:D:D

Mr T already does one arm pint ups with ease and he's not even lying down lol!

Sasha222
02-02-2011, 19:54
How is everyone doing today?

Tinky
02-02-2011, 20:24

Oho.... well that was precisely what they did today, had us doing circuit training/exercises. I was slightly disappointed with their scales (weighed around 1/2lb more than I thought I was) however dinna fash yersel, tomorrow is another day, 12 lbs (loss) in one month is pretty good in anyone's book. Now to see what I can achieve in the next 4 weeks :):):)

Sasha222
02-02-2011, 20:28
Oho.... well that was precisely what they did today, had us doing circuit training/exercises. I was slightly disappointed with their scales (weighed around 1/2lb more than I thought I was) however dinna fash yersel, tomorrow is another day, 12 lbs (loss) in one month is pretty good in anyone's book. Now to see what I can achieve in the next 4 weeks :):):)

Is that the scales you get weighed all the time from Tinkey as all scales will give you different readings and also if you had someting to eat not long before you went then that would put on the extra as well

Ramrod
02-02-2011, 21:20
How is everyone doing today?Due to not drinking alcohol in Jan my abs are ripped and my face is thinner (I'm told by my wife) and I'm coming on nicely with my one arm pull-ups training :)

Sasha222
02-02-2011, 21:23
Due to not drinking alcohol in Jan my abs are ripped and my face is thinner (I'm told by my wife) and I'm coming on nicely with my one arm pull-ups training :)

Well done you. Everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work :hugs:

Mr_love_monkey
03-02-2011, 21:14
I'm coming on nicely with my one arm pull-ups training :)

How are you excercising that arm? - is it your right arm?? :)

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 21:23

I'd say doing very well I'd say https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/72.gif

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/67.gif

budwieser
03-02-2011, 22:08
Lol! :D
He could be left Handed!;):D

Caff
03-02-2011, 22:33
I have to lose a stone so hopefully I can lose that as well with the exercises I will be doing in the pool.

I have a huge smile of admiration Def. :cleader:

(It saved me a couple of plane tickets ;) :D)

Gawd we're all trying our socks off here.

I tried my new cossie on and the rest of you are way ahead of me :D But well done all. :tu: We'll all get there.

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 22:43
Well thats the first step Caff and now you just have to get to the swimming pool and your sorted https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/71.gif

Ramrod
03-02-2011, 22:47
How are you excercising that arm? - is it your right arm?? :)Both.....*ignoring the slight* :D

Caff
03-02-2011, 22:50
Well thats the first step Caff and now you just have to get to the swimming pool and your sorted https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/71.gif

Race me? Underwater?
Kidding, Lass - well done you, and Tinky too, and the others flashing their abs and having a go :)

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:06
Race me? Underwater?
Kidding, Lass - well done you, and Tinky too, and the others flashing their abs and having a go :)

When I progress from that pool we will have a race https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/70.gif

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:10
When I progress from that pool we will have a race https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/70.gif

TBH Deffy - I think we'd migrate to the end of the pool and have a big natter :D

Well to answer the OP - me I hope. In little, fun and focussed, steps. My personsl progress has not been too good yet - but I expect better stuff from me later :D

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:12
If I didn't drown in the process first https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/69.gif

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:14
If I didn't drown in the process first https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/69.gif

And do you think I'd let you do that??? ;)

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:18
Not at all. It's myself I dont trust https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/68.gif

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:26
Not at all. It's myself I dont trust https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/68.gif

Hey - common' Lass - know the calm water and trust it - yes?
I'm still going to get those flight tickets aren't I? But...
you plain don't need them. You're doing it all by yourself

I apologise for being silly earlier - I was joking. I'm really pleased you did so well today - I really am.

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:28
You have nothing to be sorry for Caff honestly. I'm just messing. I can swim a small bit honestly.

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:33
You have nothing to be sorry for Caff honestly. I'm just messing. I can swim a small bit honestly.

I never thought that you couldn't. :) I'm probably an over-enthusiastic swimmer :D

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:35
I'm going to book swimming lessons when I get the courage to do it ;)

Mr_love_monkey
03-02-2011, 23:40
I don't like the water - never have, never will.

I always worry about sharks. especially in the bath

Derek
03-02-2011, 23:43
How is everyone doing today?

5 miles yesterday, fast pace with plenty of hills and steps. Most of it was along a riverside but once that ended it was very wet and windy.

15 miles today nice and slow. Was fine till 12 miles when the rain came on and I was running into a howling gale :(

Rest day tomorrow before the usual Saturday slow, fast, slow 9 miles.

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:44
I don't like the water - never have, never will.

Oh this was you so http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/Pet%20or%20animal%20animations/3petFinni.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/67.gif

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:50
5 miles yesterday, fast pace with plenty of hills and steps. Most of it was along a riverside but once that ended it was very wet and windy.

15 miles today nice and slow. Was fine till 12 miles when the rain came on and I was running into a howling gale :(

Rest day tomorrow before the usual Saturday slow, fast, slow 9 miles.

I'm totally unaccustomed to the joys of running. :) Clibling. scrambling, etc - it must be a pretty nice place where you do that. ?

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:51
I never checked It out as I'm a City slicker :D:D:D

Caff
03-02-2011, 23:52
]I don't like the water - never have, never will./B]

Oh I bet you have :D

Derek
03-02-2011, 23:55
I'm totally unaccustomed to the joys of running. :) Clibling. scrambling, etc - it must be a pretty nice place where you do that. ?

City dweller myself but lucky enough to stay within 3 miles of four different parks with varied and well maintained running routes in them.

Sasha222
03-02-2011, 23:57
We have noting like that. Not that I know of anyway :(

Ignitionnet
04-02-2011, 00:00
No training this week due to having manflu but things are going ok - body fat has dropped a bit since that photo and overall weight has gone up.

Joys of the weight room and appropriate supplements.

Download Failed (1)

Regarding 'before' pictures, here's me from not that long ago.

Download Failed (1)

Caff
04-02-2011, 00:03
City dweller myself but lucky enough to stay within 3 miles of four different parks with varied and well maintained running routes in them.

I tend to stroll an awful lot but the scenery has to be good. I'm fairly sure I don't have ... well - mebbe Coombe Park has one but I doubt it. Seen no end of neighbours 'mess' their knees up because they were relentlessly pounding tarmac and concrete.
I'll be envious and stick to my strolls and swimming i guess :( :D

Gawd - has anyone ever tried to stroll a cross Tresco Islands shell-beach sands??? I ached for days! And I didn't get further than a few hundred metres.

Sasha222
04-02-2011, 00:06
Nope I think I will stick to the swimming pool and gentle walking as well. That is more than enough for me :D:D:D

Caff
04-02-2011, 00:19
Nope I think I will stick to the swimming pool and gentle walking as well. That is more than enough for me :D:D:D
Actually - I'm really missing Cwm Idwal. A lot. And the height of the Brecon Beacon. And want to know the Derbyshire Peaks - let alone more north than that. Oh! and the entire Pembrokeshire coast... my list is endless :D

You've done so well Deffy :) We'll get there Lass. :)

Ramrod
04-02-2011, 10:29
Ramping up the kettlebells usage here as well :)

pabscars
04-02-2011, 10:33
No training this week due to having manflu but things are going ok - body fat has dropped a bit since that photo and overall weight has gone up.

Joys of the weight room and appropriate supplements.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs280.snc6/180821_10150395008220727_798095726_17169660_794631 8_n.jpg

Regarding 'before' pictures, here's me from not that long ago.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1369.snc4/164111_10150393138390727_798095726_17142185_411469 5_n.jpg

Definite improvement there Igni, so how long has it taken to get where you are, the guns are looking better :)

Keep up the good work

I take it your on the protein shakes, beware that stuff will give bad gas :D:D

Ignitionnet
04-02-2011, 11:43
Definite improvement there Igni, so how long has it taken to get where you are, the guns are looking better :)

Keep up the good work

I take it your on the protein shakes, beware that stuff will give bad gas :D:D

That's over the course of a few months.

Yes I am drinking the protein shakes, however I'm quite used to them now so it's not a problem. It all depends on the person and how much they use, it's just food!

Nugget
04-02-2011, 12:05
I'm now this close to finishing my 30 day challenge - did a relatively fast 2 miles last night in 17:02, so I've only got 2.9 left to do by Sunday. Might finish them off tonight, then the next 30 day challenge may well be 40 miles :)

pabscars
04-02-2011, 12:42
That's over the course of a few months.

Yes I am drinking the protein shakes, however I'm quite used to them now so it's not a problem. It all depends on the person and how much they use, it's just food!

Well that's a pretty good result in such a short space of time, youve gained a fair bit of mass in the process, whilst loosing a chunk of fat by the looks of it.

Personally I'm not into bulking up just trimming down and gaining some definition back, as I used to have abs you could grate cheese on.

Yes it was a long time ago

Mr_love_monkey
05-02-2011, 00:46
used to have abs you could grate cheese on.

Me too....

No wait, it was abs that smelt like grated cheese that I had

Tinky
05-02-2011, 08:12
Ignitionet you are doing really I can see a definite improvement, well done!

Ramping up the kettlebells usage here as well :)

Excellent keep up the good work Rammers.:)

I'm now this close to finishing my 30 day challenge - did a relatively fast 2 miles last night in 17:02, so I've only got 2.9 left to do by Sunday. Might finish them off tonight, then the next 30 day challenge may well be 40 miles :)

That was quite some target you took on Nugget, and you are going to do it all over again? :erm:

Me too....

No wait, it was abs that smelt like grated cheese that I had

.........or was that not the rarebits lol? :D:D:D

Ravenheart
05-02-2011, 11:00
Wow! well done everyone. :) What a great positive thread this is.

Another 1lb lost here so that's 9 in total now.

Ignitionnet
05-02-2011, 11:50
Well that's a pretty good result in such a short space of time, youve gained a fair bit of mass in the process, whilst loosing a chunk of fat by the looks of it.

Personally I'm not into bulking up just trimming down and gaining some definition back, as I used to have abs you could grate cheese on.

Yes it was a long time ago

Getting trim is the hard part, tons of cardio and really being careful in the kitchen. What I'm doing is easy, even though the diet isn't always the most fun! 200g of protein a day isn't always the easiest thing to eat and occasionally 3000 calories is tough!

Sasha222
05-02-2011, 20:20
I had a great work out in the pool today after not doing anything for the last two days and feel so good after it. Was to wet to do any kind of walking. :( I have now enquired about swimming lessons but have to now get up the nerve to actually start them Download Failed (1)

How did everyone else do today.

Nugget
07-02-2011, 00:17
'30 in 30' challenge has been completed (with a day to spare) following todays 3 miles in 26:14 - properly chuffed with myself, and totally not looking forward to the next monts 40 in 30 :)

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 00:28
'30 in 30' challenge has been completed (with a day to spare) following todays 3 miles in 26:14 - properly chuffed with myself, and totally not looking forward to the next monts 40 in 30 :)

And so you should be. Congrats Nugget and well done. Have you another challenge set up now to do?

Caff
07-02-2011, 04:35
I had a great work out in the pool today after not doing anything for the last two days and feel so good after it. Was to wet to do any kind of walking. :( I have now enquired about swimming lessons but have to now get up the nerve to actually start them Download Failed (1)

I'm so very pleased Lass :tu:

Go Gurl!

(Have not got me cossie wet yet but not through lack of trying :D)

Tinky
07-02-2011, 08:43

Awe well done Deffy, if you carry on with these exercises that stone is going to just drop off!

Awe go on wit yah, after all that running you'll be toned and fit and should 'walk' the next 40 lol!

(Have not got me cossie wet yet but not through lack of trying :D)

I've yet to pluck up the courage to try mine on! :erm: But we'll get there Caff.:):):)

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 19:30
Awe well done Deffy, if you carry on with these exercises that stone is going to just drop off!

Awe go on wit yah, after all that running you'll be toned and fit and should 'walk' the next 40 lol!

I've yet to pluck up the courage to try mine on! :erm: But we'll get there Caff.:):):)

Thanks so much Caff and Tinkey. For the first time today I actually put my face a bit under water, not for long but done if for a few minutes a few times. By next month I should be putting my whole head under water and swimming like Download Failed (1) :D:D:D:D:D

Uncle Peter
07-02-2011, 20:30
I'm just about to cart my gear out to rehearsal. That has to be a double session on the free weights at least.

Tinky
07-02-2011, 20:58
Thanks so much Caff and Tinkey. For the first time today I actually put my face a bit under water, not for long but done if for a few minutes a few times. By next month I should be putting my whole head under water and swimming like http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b407/kissthatgrrl/Gifs/Films/tumblr_lf2iuf6qp01qbj0fio1_500.gif :D:D:D:D:D

I'm just about to cart my gear out to rehearsal. That has to be a double session on the free weights at least.

Well done both of you!!!!
Mr Tink is once more wanting to go abroad on holiday, which means not only do I have to psych myself up for the flight, but I have to up the ante and get a shed load of weight lost.:erm:

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 21:02
Well done both of you!!!!
Mr Tink is once more wanting to go abroad on holiday, which means not only do I have to psych myself up for the flight, but I have to up the ante and get a shed load of weight lost.:erm:

I know where your coming from Tinkey as I have claustrophobia as well as I'm scared stiff of going up on a plane and being locked in. I know the minute the door closes I would panic. You done very well the last time and also your doing very well getting fit. Its one day at a time. When does he want to go?

Ignitionnet
07-02-2011, 21:29
Well my plan is going swimmingly, I tipped the scales yesterday at 14st 10lb, or 93.4kg in new money.

Given I'm only 5ft 9in or so not bad.

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 21:35
That is very good and well done. You must be so proud ;)

Ignitionnet
07-02-2011, 21:37
That is very good and well done. You must be so proud ;)

I'm proud that I'm the only person who gets complimented for weight gain, yes :D

I have damn good steroids, what can I say? :angel:

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 21:45
I'm proud that I'm the only person who gets complimented for weight gain, yes :D

I have damn good steroids, what can I say? :angel:

Well Its not much weight and you wont be long losing it. We are really supportive here if you put on weight or not as were all trying our hardest :D:D

Ignitionnet
07-02-2011, 22:57
I'm trying to put some weight on before I start losing it again so it's all good. Weight loss time around the end of March :)

Sasha222
07-02-2011, 23:04
Why are you putting on weight to lose it https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/56.gif

Ignitionnet
07-02-2011, 23:24
I'm gaining muscle then I'm going to lose any excess fat that I gained while putting the muscle on as gaining muscle requires a calorific surplus. Surplus calories means fat gain.

Sasha222
08-02-2011, 00:05
I'm gaining muscle then I'm going to lose any excess fat that I gained while putting the muscle on as gaining muscle requires a calorific surplus. Surplus calories means fat gain.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/55.gif how?

Ignitionnet
09-02-2011, 00:18
The fat gain bit?

First law of thermodynamics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics), energy going into a closed system cannot be created or destroyed but has to be changed.

Putting it into food terms if you eat it you either have to burn it or you're going to store it. We store excess calories partly as glycogen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen) and partly as fat.

If you were asking about how I lose it that's in theory easy, I drop from my current 3,000 calories a day to about 2,000 calories, a shade over my BMR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate), by reducing my fat and carbohydrate intake though not my protein intake, and exercise enough to burn more than 2,000 calories a day putting me in negative energy balance and once I've depleted glycogen store enough burning fat.

Sasha222
09-02-2011, 00:25
The fat gain bit?

First law of thermodynamics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics), energy going into a closed system cannot be created or destroyed but has to be changed.

Putting it into food terms if you eat it you either have to burn it or you're going to store it. We store excess calories partly as glycogen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen) and partly as fat.

If you were asking about how I lose it that's in theory easy, I drop from my current 3,000 calories a day to about 2,000 calories, a shade over my BMR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate), by reducing my fat and carbohydrate intake though not my protein intake, and exercise enough to burn more than 2,000 calories a day putting me in negative energy balance and once I've depleted glycogen store enough burning fat.

What foods do you recommend so that give you enough calories to be able to lose the weight. I like potatoes and bread and thats were Im going wrong and I do like them so dont know what I would replace them with as I feel hungry all day if I dont have the potatoes :( and I dont like any kind of fish

Tinky
09-02-2011, 08:24
Defirish here (http://www.weightlossforall.com/low-calorie-food-list.htm) is a small example of low calorie foods including potatoes. Also Nimble bread only has 48 calories per slice, so you don't have to give up your favourite foods. If you did that you would soon tire of trying to lose weight.

I have my Weight Matters course today, hope they remember to bring the scales (and hope I've lost some more). Before that I have a doctor's appointment at 8.30am for a blood test and a you know what sample.:) Hope they can tell me sometime soon that I am not diabetic. :erm:

Sasha222
09-02-2011, 16:51
Defirish here (http://www.weightlossforall.com/low-calorie-food-list.htm) is a small example of low calorie foods including potatoes. Also Nimble bread only has 48 calories per slice, so you don't have to give up your favourite foods. If you did that you would soon tire of trying to lose weight.

I have my Weight Matters course today, hope they remember to bring the scales (and hope I've lost some more). Before that I have a doctor's appointment at 8.30am for a blood test and a you know what sample.:) Hope they can tell me sometime soon that I am not diabetic. :erm:

Thanks so much for that Tinkey. Your so so good. I hope today goes well for you with the doctors and hope your not waiting to long for you test restults and https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/52.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/53.gif

Derek
12-02-2011, 14:36
Having a curry, several beers, half of the G/Fs curry and sampling some other peoples to check they were as hot as they looked then having a few hours sleep is NOT they best way to prepare for a 5K run on Saturday morning.

Still I managed it, crap time, but managed it and the amount of sweat lashing off me has to have been good for some form of detoxing.

Ravenheart
12-02-2011, 16:31
Having a curry, several beers, half of the G/Fs curry and sampling some other peoples to check they were as hot as they looked then having a few hours sleep is NOT they best way to prepare for a 5K run on Saturday morning.

Still I managed it, crap time, but managed it and the amount of sweat lashing off me has to have been good for some form of detoxing.

Well done Derek! what was your time for the 5k?

Hope everyone else is doing well too :)

Another 2lbs lost making my total 11lbs so far. combination of logging my calories and EA Sports Active at the moment.

Derek
12-02-2011, 16:34
Well done Derek! what was your time for the 5k?

23:59 - It's a tough, hilly course but I normally hit 22 minutes or under.

Tinky
16-02-2011, 19:57
Happy to say I have clocked up my first stone (loss), only another *?/stones to lose. :):):)

Ravenheart
16-02-2011, 20:23
Wooohooo well done Tinky :) Keep up the great work!

Caff
16-02-2011, 20:55
Happy to say I have clocked up my first stone (loss), only another *?/stones to lose. :):):)

Gawd Lass. Don't fade completely away. :shocked:
Well done :)

Ravenheart
19-02-2011, 16:05
Another 2 lbs lost.. 13 in total so far I might have a cake to celebrate ;)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Tinky
19-02-2011, 20:43
Well done Ravenheart! :clap: Keep up the good work. On Wednesday with the class I attend, it is an introduction to the gym. I am hoping that at least one of the other members will be keen enough to enrole and we can meet on a regular basis at the gym, and give each other support. :)

Sasha222
19-02-2011, 20:47
I have to get back on track again. I had to stop the swimming as and old injury to my neck was starting to get really bad and I'm under doctors orders not to use the gym so dont know what to do now :(:(:(

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Another 2 lbs lost.. 13 in total so far I might have a cake to celebrate ;)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Well done to you Revenheart. :hugs::hugs::hugs: So proud of you ;)

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Well done Ravenheart! :clap: Keep up the good work. On Wednesday with the class I attend, it is an introduction to the gym. I am hoping that at least one of the other members will be keen enough to enrole and we can meet on a regular basis at the gym, and give each other support. :)

Good luck to you Tinkey as well. Your doing so so well also ;)

Caff
21-02-2011, 06:16
I have to get back on track again. I had to stop the swimming as and old injury to my neck was starting to get really bad and I'm under doctors orders not to use the gym so dont know what to do now :(:(:(

I'm going to say ask for further advice, and let the water let you gently exercise - but I'm so reluctant to say anything as I'm no expert.
Make the experts step in :)
I wish you had a brine pool there.

Chris
21-02-2011, 08:55
Back from a half-term travelling and staying with family and friends. I'm going to get on the scales shortly for the first time since getting back ... not sure I'm going to like it. :erm:

Tinky
21-02-2011, 11:16

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Defirish with your health issues being as severe, it would seem prudent to take little gentle steps in your quest to lose weight. For example if you can walk round the block (or as far as you can manage) and gradually increase the length of your walk, would help. The main thing is to increase your activity. In my case I have found my pedometer has been a great aid. I know the figures it gives are not accurate, but the point is it reminds me the little/lot of activity I am doing on a daily basis (if that makes sense).:)

Back from a half-term travelling and staying with family and friends. I'm going to get on the scales shortly for the first time since getting back ... not sure I'm going to like it. :erm:

Ooooooooooo Chris! < :erm: There again you may well be pleasantly surprised, I hope the latter is the case!:)

Tinky
23-02-2011, 20:23
Didn't feel like I had lost anything this week, but another 1lb gone. I've got approx 5 weeks till our holiday, can I lose 7lbs by then?

Sasha222
23-02-2011, 20:41
Well done you Tinkey and the way your going looks like you will have it lost by your holidays. Congratulations and so proud of you. I have started doing small walks again

Caff
23-02-2011, 21:08
Well done you Tinkey and the way your going looks like you will have it lost by your holidays. Congratulations and so proud of you. I have started doing small walks again

Well done both! :)

Sasha222
23-02-2011, 22:55
Well done both! :)

Thanks so much Caff. I dont think I will lose much just doing small walks but at the moment It's all I can do at the moment. I never thought I would miss the swimming pool but I do now. Hope soon I can get back to it again :(

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Congratulations to all that are getting fitter. I've tried on my tight (98) jeans: I put them on, did up the zip... And then I took them off again. :D Too soon. Still it's a target.

I can get the tight jeans on as well but like you not able to tie them up. Oh well hopefully by the end of the year it will happen and if not next year

Will21st
23-02-2011, 22:59
Getting fit is my next big project... :)

Sasha222
23-02-2011, 23:01
Welcome to the thread and you will get all the support here you need.

Will21st
23-02-2011, 23:18
Welcome to the thread and you will get all the support here you need.

Thank you,I will need it! :)

Sasha222
23-02-2011, 23:23
Thank you,I will need it! :)

Your more than welcome as we are all aiming for the same goal of getting fit so your in the right place https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/02/13.gif

Halcyon
24-02-2011, 00:28
Did a double session of zumba instead of just one tonight.

Quite some work and a lot of sweating but really worth it as felt really good at the end.

Sasha222
24-02-2011, 00:30
Well done Halcyon. I'm sweating just thinking of you doing all that work :D:D

Caff
24-02-2011, 02:19
Did a double session of zumba instead of just one tonight.

Quite some work and a lot of sweating but really worth it as felt really good at the end.

Double? DOUBLE??? :Yikes:
I did 1 session once (eldest's fiancee's friend couldn't go with her so I did). It was huge fun and felt like I'd had a really good workout afterwards. Slept like a log that night too :D.
:tu: :)

Dai
24-02-2011, 10:29
Getting fit is my next big project... :)

Get yourself an energetic collie dog. They come with miles of gentle walking as part of the package and it's surprisingly social as well as dog walkers all seem to talk to one another.

Halcyon
24-02-2011, 11:21
Double? DOUBLE??? :Yikes:
I did 1 session once (eldest's fiancee's friend couldn't go with her so I did). It was huge fun and felt like I'd had a really good workout afterwards. Slept like a log that night too :D.
:tu: :)

It definately is a lot of fun.
It is the one exercise I have found which makes it seem like it isn't exercise.
The music gets you going and all of the different moves are good fun. :tu:
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Will21st
24-02-2011, 23:27
Get yourself an energetic collie dog. They come with miles of gentle walking as part of the package and it's surprisingly social as well as dog walkers all seem to talk to one another.

would do,but can't have pet! Thank you for the suggestion though! :)

Ignitionnet
25-02-2011, 00:05
Weight gain is continuing.... I'm actually looking forward to end of March when I start to slim down even if I'm not looking forward to having to be disciplined. At the moment I can eat whatever I want pretty much.

14st 13lb / 209lb / 94.8kg now... not nice at 5ft 8-9in. Want to drop that to no more than 196 once I trim down.

Sasha222
25-02-2011, 01:10
would do,but can't have pet! Thank you for the suggestion though! :)

Just start of with a small walk and dont put yourself under pressure and build it up every day by another 5mins.

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Weight gain is continuing.... I'm actually looking forward to end of March when I start to slim down even if I'm not looking forward to having to be disciplined. At the moment I can eat whatever I want pretty much.

14st 13lb / 209lb / 94.8kg now... not nice at 5ft 8-9in. Want to drop that to no more than 196 once I trim down.

I gave up the milk chocolate and replaced it with the dark choc as I wasn't eating as much of the dark chocolate as I was the milk one.

Today now I have given up the dark chocolate and replaced it with fruit. Well I made smooties as I dont really like fruit but it tastes ok in made into a smootie.

Also for the first time this morning I have made this oat ceral instead of my normal wetabix and I found I was a lot more full from it as well and dont my gentle walk today.

Dont beat yourself up as when the time is ready you will be able to do it and do it in small doses as well and you will get there. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Chris
25-02-2011, 09:43
I think the weight gain is somewhat self-inflicted in Igni's case, defirish ... an accepted side effect of his new-for-2011 bodybuilding hobby.

Tinky
25-02-2011, 09:48
I've acquired a exercise bike thanks to the generosity of a close neighbour.:)
Hoping to cycle whilst watching TV, maybe that will keep my mind of the pain!:D:D:D

Ignitionnet
28-02-2011, 12:28
Fear my kick-ass Superman PJs.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180542_10150425463515727_798095726_17604421_154174 8_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

I think the weight gain is somewhat self-inflicted in Igni's case, defirish ... an accepted side effect of his new-for-2011 bodybuilding hobby.

What Chris said.

pabscars
28-02-2011, 12:42
That's some scary ass **** right there

Which ways the beach :D

Ignitionnet
28-02-2011, 12:47
That's some scary ass **** right there

Which ways the beach :D

It's mostly to the south and a bit to the east, in August :)

Tinky
28-02-2011, 19:00
Think I may have lost a titch more, could be the result of using the bike. Wednesday's weigh-in at Weight Matters meeting (last one of 8, unbelievably) will tell. :erm:

Sasha222
28-02-2011, 19:43
Think I may have lost a titch more, could be the result of using the bike. Wednesday's weigh-in at Weight Matters meeting (last one of 8, unbelievably) will tell. :erm:

Well done you Tinkey. Your doing fantastic work :clap::clap::clap: I'm still doing the small walks and trying to keep myself busy around the house as well when I can. I'm thinking of going back to the pool just to do the walking in it as I really miss it and it was doing my back some good as well

Tinky
28-02-2011, 20:00
I'm still doing the small walks and trying to keep myself busy around the house as well when I can. I'm thinking of going back to the pool just to do the walking in it as I really miss it and it was doing my back some good as well

Thank you defirish once again! :hugs: You have the right idea with the small walks, and just genrally keep moving more than you would normally, and when you feel the time is right go back to the pool.

Sasha222
28-02-2011, 20:06
I'm bored out of my senses doing the same walk and I will have to restrain myself until I get the x ray done on my neck and back from swimming and just walk in the water

Tinky
28-02-2011, 20:17
I'm bored out of my senses doing the same walk and I will have to restrain myself until I get the x ray done on my neck and back from swimming and just walk in the water

Don't lose heart Irish, you are doing what you can under very difficult circumstances. The key is to keep moving more than you would normally.

Sasha222
28-02-2011, 20:20
Don't lose heart Irish, you are doing what you can under very difficult circumstances. The key is to keep moving more than you would normally.

Thanks so much Tinkey. :hugs: How are you getting on with the bike. Is it easy to use?

Tinky
28-02-2011, 20:53
Thanks so much Tinkey. :hugs: How are you getting on with the bike. Is it easy to use?

:erm: I think I am developing saddle sores lol! I've had to tie a cushion on the saddle. :D:D:D When I first started using it I thought all I had to do was just jump on and peddle like billio, but after just 5 long minutes I was completed kna.. well I was very tired, put it that way. So what I am doing now is gradually increasing my session and hoping that eventually I will become fit enough to cycle for longer. That is my ultimate aim.:)

Sasha222
28-02-2011, 21:05
I thought that it was easy as that as well but I suppose if it was that easy everyone would have one on there home and be using one.

Tinky
02-03-2011, 19:29
Today was my last day at the 'Weight Matters' course, how soon the time has flown. Disappointed in a way because this was the first week I actually gained weight .3 kilo, but I put that down to muscle gained by using my new exercise bike (well I've got to blame something). Also I am vexed that I wont again see the friends that I have made, who attended the same course. :( I am hoping that we will meet again somewhere along the way if we all sign up for a similar course in the future. :)

Sasha222
02-03-2011, 19:45
Well done Tinkey on finishing your course. Would you not go join a swimming group as swimming is a good exercise as well and works the whole body

Jimmy-J
02-03-2011, 20:08
I start my quick fix diet on Friday. I need to do something, all this weight is killing me.

Sasha222
02-03-2011, 20:14
Good luck with the start of your healty eating

Jimmy-J
02-03-2011, 20:40
I'm going to get weighed tomorrow at the surgery before I start, I just hope my Doctor approves of the diet, has it's caused problems in the past. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Sasha222
02-03-2011, 20:42
Oh what diet were you on that the doc wasn't happy with?

peanut
02-03-2011, 20:49
I've dipped into 8st territory again :( Getting fit or even thinking about getting fit has been out of the window for so long now. If anyone say eat more cake etc one more time I'll............ (scream).

(I'm 5'10, nearly 40, was normal build).

Good luck to people losing weight though, I've no idea what that's like when it's a constant battle, apart from seeing the hassle and effort my wife has to put in to keep in shape. Not easy and not something I envy either.