PDA

View Full Version : no cable to my house

shinton57
07-01-2011, 14:59
hi everyone
i had a driveway installed a few years ago and they cut the cable feeding all services to my house. do i have to pay to have this re installed so i can virgin media and if so how much.
all feedback appreciated

MovedGoalPosts
07-01-2011, 15:18
I'd expect you to be considered as a new customer / new installation. That would be subject to the standard new install fee. Exactly what fee would depend on the services you take, for example a phone/TV/Broadband bundle might offer you free installation: http://shop.virginmedia.com/home.html

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Edit: Kindly don't open duplicate threads on the same matter. Your second thread has been removed.

shinton57
07-01-2011, 15:21
sorry about that i opened the other in the wrong discussion board. i would be looking at all 3 services but thought i would need to pay because block paving has to come up and be replaced.

indie1982
07-01-2011, 15:47
IIRC the block paving is your responsibility, VM won't touch it.

Did you ask the people who put the paving in to put some duct/hosepipe underneath?

Sometimes you can get the install fee waived, sometimes VM have offers on where they'll credit your first bill with £50 which can minimise the install cost...

jb66
07-01-2011, 16:26
They won't dig up the driveway, they may tack it to the wall or cable tie to a fence

v0id
07-01-2011, 16:27
IIRC the block paving is your responsibility, VM won't touch it.

Did you ask the people who put the paving in to put some duct/hosepipe underneath?

Where my neighbours have block paving installed, VM installers have just pinned the bare cable to the nearby wall