PDA

View Full Version : AGHHHH- VM has been a nightmare

simmyoto
06-01-2011, 14:18
I have been a vm customer for a while, Always loved the services- customer services can be a pain unless you speak to retentions.

I recently moved house and cancelled my services from my old house (in my wifes name) so that I could get a mates rates deal by having them installed in my name. (i have a friend who works as an installer of 50mb and 100mb b/b)

4 phone calls later and I was still being told my area was not cabled (even though the shop below my flat has a vm phone line!

Eventually I get through to the gateshead call centre and get someone with some sense to send out a spotter.

Spotter arrives nov 6th, agrees yes no problem you can have services-
He signed me up there and then, I gave him my card details for the month up front and away we go, a few days later I receive my welcome pack with an install date of 17th November,

17th nov- An install tech duly arrives looks at the ground access box tries his cable rod in it and and tells me he cant do the install as he needs to pull a new line but he cant do it due to a blocked " T ".

I ring up a few days later (no one called me) and find out my install has been re-scheduled for 27th november.

27th novmber wait in all day after VM confirming the install day before- no install.

Rang the next day and am told that the install was cancelled due to the weather- too cold for work outside / groundworks. (I cant complain as its not exactly essential works)

I'm told install is re booked for December 19th- yes a sunday (due to high volumes and backlogs due to bad weather)

VM calls on the 15th to confirm the booking.
19th- Wait in all day- call VM 5 times through the course of the day to check install is going ahead- am told yes each time- told that no weather advice was on the system to say otherwise. - Again -No installation no call to tell me.

I call VM the next day- would you belive it the call was cancelled due to the weather- fair enough but would have been nice to know the day before @ 0900 (weather was cold but fine- no snow on ground or rain etc)

So install booked for Jan 5th.
I call to confirm on the 4th - am told is all fine install definately happening.

Wait in all day- No Install no call.

I call vm this morning and am told "your install was cancelled on december
31st" I ask why i wasnt called- apologies made but a letter has been sent-

Now, after a spotter, and an engineer have been out I am told I can not receive services as it would require a 400 metre re-pull which is not cost effective. I have no options, I just cant get services and thats that.
I even offered to pay for the cable pull- but am told that it is not VM policy to allow customers to pay such costs as it is there responsibility!

They have however agreed to refund my payment up front!

Thought about asking them for the Interest as well but I just gave up and shook my head in dismay! :(

JayJay
06-01-2011, 14:26
Ive done a very large pull before possibly around that length, I cant see why that is a problem for VM. Its not exactly hard work!

If the T is blocked then a construction team would of been required to unblock the T and then once clear, a cable would of been pulled at possibly the same time.

Does the shop below have a virgin phone through a BT line or through cable itself? Have you popped open the T and had a look if there is anything in there?

simmyoto
06-01-2011, 14:37
The line in the shop below is definately a VM line, have popped the box and there is co-ax connected to the line. (this shop is also owned by a family member so have had sight of old bills to be sure) - Plus the spotter looked and confirmed it was VM as well remember!

Yes the install team scheduled for the last 3 were "construction teams" or "2 man teams" as described by vm on the phone.

I assumed that they just didnt want to put out the money because i was getting the "mates rates" so i offered to recind those rates and pay full whack as let's face it i'll have to pay it anywhere else.

I wish i could get in touch with someone to attempt to reason with them but no one will put me through to the installs manager who cancelled the install!

Digital Fanatic
06-01-2011, 14:47
The line in the shop below is definately a VM line, have popped the box and there is co-ax connected to the line. (this shop is also owned by a family member so have had sight of old bills to be sure) - Plus the spotter looked and confirmed it was VM as well remember!

Yes the install team scheduled for the last 3 were "construction teams" or "2 man teams" as described by vm on the phone.

I assumed that they just didnt want to put out the money because i was getting the "mates rates" so i offered to recind those rates and pay full whack as let's face it i'll have to pay it anywhere else.

I wish i could get in touch with someone to attempt to reason with them but no one will put me through to the installs manager who cancelled the install!

You might be better writing in about it. Or some have been successful in contacting the CEO's office by email.

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

So we can get back to you sooner, let us know details like your account number, address and contact number when you get in touch.
We aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days and to respond to all e-mails within 48 hours.

simmyoto
06-01-2011, 14:56
anyone have an email addy for the CEO?

joglynne
06-01-2011, 15:42
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Chief Executives Office
Virgin Media,
PO Box 238,
Wythenshawe,
Manchester, M22 0WJ

simmyoto
06-01-2011, 16:28
TYVM, will drop him a line- cant hurt but I shan't hold my breath!

Jonnymeg
06-01-2011, 16:28
Surely if your mate is an installer he could help you out info wise.

simmyoto
06-01-2011, 16:52
Unfortunately the decision has been taken at managment level- not locak install team level- if it was just the re-pull he'd just do it himself but he cant arrange the groundworks.

jungleguy
06-01-2011, 23:09
sounds like someone maybe ****ing down the back of your leg and tell you its raining.

simmyoto
08-01-2011, 17:06
Peraps some light at the end of the tunnel?

who knows: see reply from Mr Berkett's office:

Mr Parsons

On Neil's behalf who is overseas may I acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and say how sorry I am we have messed you about. I will ask one of Neil's team to look into this matter and contact you soon.

Regards

Fiona Hillman | Executive PA to Neil Berkett, Chief Executive Officer