PDA

View Full Version : Megaflo

Fingy
31-12-2010, 06:34
Any Megaflo heating system experts kicking about?

With our mains water being cut off and it taking quite a while to rebuild sufficient pressure I think I may need to drain my system and re-fill it. (the overflow had been dripping previously anyway so no time like the present)

Any tips/tricks on doing this, I'd quite like some hot water.

MovedGoalPosts
31-12-2010, 12:15
A megaflo can't create pressure from nothing. If the incoming mains pressure is low then that is all it can work with.

If your plumbing system has drained, partially or fully then as it refills it is posible there is an airlock somewhere. If you can get water from the cold kitchen tap but other taps don't flow then a complete drain down and careful refill might be needed.

The dripping overflow is a symptom that something was overpressurised. It may simply be that you need to service the expansion vessel and add air to it. Alternatively there could be an issue with other valves that have been allowing water to bypass something. Either way that could mean a heating engineer to give your system a good seeing to.

Fingy
31-12-2010, 16:57
Cheers Rob, read that out to hubby and he understood it, I'm claiming total blondeness on this one.

superbiatch
31-12-2010, 17:35
Cheers Rob, read that out to hubby and he understood it, I'm claiming total blondeness on this one.

If you could explain it to me in laymans terms I'd be grateful as I've got the same and never really understood how to release the pressure every now and again when it starts dripping :confused: