PDA

View Full Version : Cant dial my mobile from my Virgin landline anymore

mags1951
29-12-2010, 14:40
I have Virgin WiFi broadband, phone and V+. I have got a WiFi enabled mobile phone which quite suddenly I cannot phone from my Virgin landline. When dialled it doesnt ring but gives off the noise of a modem or fax machine. The mobile works fine and can ring to the same landline OK. It doesnt make any difference whether WiFi is enabled on the mobile or I use 3G I still can't dial it. Any other landline phone can ring it OK.

My husband has a similar phone with WiFi and doesn't have a problem.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Apollo i5800 running Android 2.2.

Peter_
29-12-2010, 14:50
You need to call support as the may be an issue with your line.

Kymmy
29-12-2010, 16:40
Which VoIP service does the mobile access.. that should be your first stopping point as it's proved already that the wifi and virgin internet connection works OK as the other phone works OK..

Might be something as simple as a port needs forwarding/changing or a server problem there end.. I know that Skype had major issues over xmas

mags1951
29-12-2010, 17:35
Here's the funny thing. I called O2 (my mobile supplier) and reset all my APNs - still no joy. They said call Virgin. After asking at this forum as well. I called Virgin, who tested the line and couldn't find anything wrong with it (and actually dialled the mobile sucessfully themselves) but said they would call back after looking into it. Five minutes later, it worked OK. I can ring it fine now. Wonder what they did??? They'v just phoned up and when I told them it was working they said that they didn't do anything - memm....

Anyway panic over for now, thanks everyone.