PDA

View Full Version : HUMAX HDR Fox T2 Cannot change channel while recording

riffssco
17-12-2010, 19:40
Hi There

I have an HDR Fox T2 with a recording problem.

Basically I can record 2 channels at once and watch a 3rd channel but only when 2 out of the 3 channels are on the same MUX.

E.g. I can record Channels 1 and 2 and watch channel 29

Or I can record Channels 1 and 6 and watch channel 28

However if I attempt to record Channels 1 and 6 and watch channel 29 I get a message saying “cannot change the channel while recording”

I have experimented and these seems to be consistent across all MUX’s. My understanding is that I should be able to record any 2 channels and watch a third regardless of which MUX they belong to.

Can you confirm this for me?

Can you advise if this is a known issue or if I have a problem with one of my receivers or if there is something I can do to fix this?

My system information is

Software version FHTCP 1.01.09
Loader Version a7.30
System ID 80BC.7E00
Update Date 11 OCT 2010
MICOM Version 9.3
Mac Address 00:03:78:BA:32:5B

Thanks
riffssco

nodrogd
17-12-2010, 23:22
According to the factsheet (http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/specsheets/HDR-FOXT2_leaflet.pdf) this unit only has two tuners, so you can only receive channels from two MUX at the same time. What the manufacturers have possibly done is tweaked the software so you can decode two channels from one MUX so you can watch a third.

danielf
17-12-2010, 23:29
According to the factsheet (http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/specsheets/HDR-FOXT2_leaflet.pdf) this unit only has two tuners, so you can only receive channels from two MUX at the same time. What the manufacturers have possibly done is tweaked the software so you can decode two channels from one MUX so you can watch a third.

Yes. I have a twin-tuner Humax 9200T and when you're recording two broadcasts from different MUXes, it'll allow you to watch other channels from one of the MUXes being recorded, but not from other MUXes. The error message on the 9200 is 'channel restricted by recording'

riffssco
18-12-2010, 14:57
Thanks for the replies.

I didn't really pay attention to it being twin tuner and just focussed on a bit of advertising that said record two watch one. Which I've now discovered is record two playback another recording.