PDA

View Full Version : My VM Install Nightmare

xtreamuk
09-12-2010, 14:13
Hi All

I just wanted your thoughts on the experience I have had.

I signed up to VM at the beginning of November with the intention to be installed on 07/12. Obviously, they never showed up due to the weather, despite several calls to CS who said it was defiantly going ahead. It was only after the allotted timeslot lapsed, I was then passed to an English call centre who advised me the job was postponed due to the weather at 09:10 that morning - An entire day off work wasted (holiday used) which would have been more productive had I had so much as an email from VM saying the installation was cancelled. Not impressed. What does an email or text cost?

On the same day, the installation was re-booked for today. I called first thing (after arranging yet another day off work) to confirm it was taking place. Low and behold, they had no record of the job being re-booked for today. It has been booked for 14/12. Again not at all happy! Another day’s holiday when I didn’t need to take it!

On that same call, I asked for it to be escalated to the area manager who would contact me to discuss this. 4 hrs later and no call. So I called back.

Surprise surprise, they have no record of my request to have the call escalated. I have now been assured the area manager will contact me. I am not holding my breath!

Really not a good start with VM!

Anyone else have similar experiences / suggestions?

Cheers,
D

Digital Fanatic
09-12-2010, 16:07
Hi All

I just wanted your thoughts on the experience I have had.

I signed up to VM at the beginning of November with the intention to be installed on 07/12. Obviously, they never showed up due to the weather, despite several calls to CS who said it was defiantly going ahead. It was only after the allotted timeslot lapsed, I was then passed to an English call centre who advised me the job was postponed due to the weather at 09:10 that morning - An entire day off work wasted (holiday used) which would have been more productive had I had so much as an email from VM saying the installation was cancelled. Not impressed. What does an email or text cost?

On the same day, the installation was re-booked for today. I called first thing (after arranging yet another day off work) to confirm it was taking place. Low and behold, they had no record of the job being re-booked for today. It has been booked for 14/12. Again not at all happy! Another day’s holiday when I didn’t need to take it!

On that same call, I asked for it to be escalated to the area manager who would contact me to discuss this. 4 hrs later and no call. So I called back.

Surprise surprise, they have no record of my request to have the call escalated. I have now been assured the area manager will contact me. I am not holding my breath!

Really not a good start with VM!

Anyone else have similar experiences / suggestions?

Cheers,
D

Sorry to hear you've had these issues. Sounds like some very bad breakdown of communication on VM's side, from what you are saying.

If you get no joy today with this, then you could try emailling the CEO's office as a last resort?

xtreamuk
09-12-2010, 19:18
Just a quick update...

Called back at 16:30 since I still hadnt heard anything. What a surprise!

Got straight through to an English call centre. Managed to call the area manager who advised Tuesday was the earliest slot available.

However, I am going to be the first job of that day so failing yet another heavy fall of snow, it should be going ahead.

Should it not, I think I'll be making a call to Sky and getting ADSL (the thought) but its better than being shafted by VM when they will be getting £700+ year!!!

D

AIDEN_23
09-12-2010, 20:02
Do Virgin staff get commision for keeping customers? As I have been subjected to false promises on 3 occasions which I think might be the final straw. I have been told that these incidents will be investigated and I would be contacted with the outcome,I am still waiting on a call?????

troxter
14-12-2010, 02:25
Hello. Please read what happened for me:).
I was moving home on 28.11.2010, so I called to VM to report it on 23.12.2010. They arrange installation day on 10.12.2010 at new property (17 days!). On 08.12 someone called to me and told that installation day will be 09.12 in the morning, so I was happy with that. On 09.12 came technician but he told me that he is only for check if everything is ok around house and someone will install BB next day.
10.12 - Installation day. I am very happy, BB will be today and I will stop use 3G usb modem:). At 10am technician arrived. Install everything, check website etc. Everything fine! But only for 5 mins... I asked him, when BB will back. He called somewhere and told that someone fixing something in area and BB will back in 2-3 hours. Of course internet didn't back and I called to them and told about this situation. Young lady told me, that this should be fixed by technician but is weekend so they send someone in the monday morning. FANTASTIC! Another two days without internet!
13.12 Technician came around 10am. He checked modem, replace it for new but it didn't help. He checked cable around my home and BINGO! The fault was because of this cable ( I don't know why first technician didn't check this). But this is not the end of this long story ( sorry for that ).
When I asked him how long it will take for him for install new cable, He told me that he will not install because he is only for general inquiry:shocked: and what he can do is only email for someone who arrange cable installation day:shocked:
After 1 hour someone called to me and said that, they send technician from cables:) on 17.12:shocked: Another 5 days without BB....:(.
What do You think about that? For me this is not serious service. They doesn't care about customers. They doesn't care about their money ( 4 mans during one week for one installations ).
Any advise where i can send a complain?
Regards
Marcin
PS Sorry for my english.

arcimedes
14-12-2010, 10:40
After 1 hour someone called to me and said that, they send technician from cables:) on 17.12:shocked: Another 5 days without BB....:(.
What do You think about that? For me this is not serious service. They doesn't care about customers. They doesn't care about their money ( 4 mans during one week for one installations ).
Regards
Marcin
PS Sorry for my english.

On the good side you seem to be getting excellent communication from VM.

Installing a new cable inside the house may take some time ( I dont know how long your cable run is) and so more than a standard tech call is scheduled for.

You cant have it both ways complaining about customer care and sending loads of engineers.

Digital Fanatic
14-12-2010, 10:52
I was moving home on 28.11.2010, so I called to VM to report it on 23.12.2010. They arrange installation day on 10.12.2010 at new property (17 days!). On 08.12 someone called to me and told that installation day will be 09.12 in the morning, so I was happy with that. On 09.12 came technician but he told me that he is only for check if everything is ok around house and someone will install BB next day.
10.12 - Installation day. I am very happy, BB will be today and I will stop use 3G usb modem:). At 10am technician arrived. Install everything, check website etc. Everything fine! But only for 5 mins... I asked him, when BB will back. He called somewhere and told that someone fixing something in area and BB will back in 2-3 hours. Of course internet didn't back and I called to them and told about this situation. Young lady told me, that this should be fixed by technician but is weekend so they send someone in the monday morning. FANTASTIC! Another two days without internet!
13.12 Technician came around 10am. He checked modem, replace it for new but it didn't help. He checked cable around my home and BINGO! The fault was because of this cable ( I don't know why first technician didn't check this). But this is not the end of this long story ( sorry for that ).
When I asked him how long it will take for him for install new cable, He told me that he will not install because he is only for general inquiry:shocked: and what he can do is only email for someone who arrange cable installation day:shocked:
Regards
Marcin
PS Sorry for my english.

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience. have you got some of your dates wrong though as some of them are in the future :shocked: :)

Sounds like you needed a re-pull due to faulty cables. 5 days is a good turn-around if that is so, it's usually 2 weeks!

The original installer should have seen you needed a repull though on the 10.12.10

you can complain in writting if you wish to:

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

So we can get back to you sooner, let us know details like your account number, address and contact number when you get in touch.
We aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days and to respond to all e-mails within 48 hours.

or you can contact via the website here...

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/contact/complaint-feedback.php

HTH