PDA

View Full Version : Moving, got a question...

nemesis01
30-11-2010, 14:21
Hi,

Am moving very shortly into a flat, obviously wanting to take my Virginmedia BB with me, this is where it get's complicated. The 'official' address of my flat is 48b but on the Virginmedia website it only lists 48 which is the shop who I am renting the flat from. The actual flat is round the back of the property on top of some garages, privately owned by the shop owner. Now there is definitely no problems getting VM services there as there is already a VM box on the property wall, what I need to know is when I ring VM, because they don't have 48b listed on the website will I have to give them the new address as just 48?

Thanks.

Edit/Update

Managed to find a number to ring VM from for free on a mobile, spoke to the nice lady and she said this wouldn't be a problem, the flat is serviceable and booked me an engineer for next thursday. Even better, because it's a new contract I will be taking on got the price down from £37pm to £25pm for first 3 months then £30pm after.

jungleguy
30-11-2010, 17:17
It might be an idea to fill in the spotter form. If your address is incorrect your order may get cancelled.

nemesis01
01-12-2010, 17:31
The address is not incorrect, and like I said in my edit the woman told me the property is serviceable after I gave her all the details I listed here so hopefully won't have any problems. I will post an update anyway when the engineer has been round, if indeed he does which is not certain because of the severe(ish) weather we are getting at the moment.

nemesis01
13-12-2010, 19:10
The address is not incorrect, and like I said in my edit the woman told me the property is serviceable after I gave her all the details I listed here so hopefully won't have any problems. I will post an update anyway when the engineer has been round, if indeed he does which is not certain because of the severe(ish) weather we are getting at the moment.

Forgot to post an update, so here it is.

I had some real doubts the engineer would even turn up as the weather was terrible, he did though but from the bat told me if any ladder work was needed he would have to return on another day. Thankfully all the equipment was in place, had no problems getting up & running again.

Great service. :tu:

gondalio
17-12-2010, 17:26
I was going to say just book the install and when you register the address just put "flat above (shop name)" and so on... and usually when i see that as an installer its not really an issue to install it, its just getting past customer services who can be a pain sometimes